F12 Jacking Points | FerrariChat

F12 Jacking Points

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Andrew Honychurch, Aug 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Andrew Honychurch

Mar 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    AndrewH
    I need to take the wheels off my F12 and was wondering whether any kind soul can let me have information regarding the jacking points? I have a number of options, either a simple low entry car jack and blocks, or else I have a scissor lift which typically sit under the body between the wheels. Never very sure whether the body structure there is strong enough to support the weight of the car. Help much appreciated. thanks

2. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    I think I saw a diagram in the manual indicating the locations. Towards the front, there is this thickened rectangular metal plate which has slight raised structures around it. Run your hand along the area underneath the skirt near the front edge of the door to feel that structure.

3. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Andrew, it’s been a while since I took the wheels off mine, there is a flat section behind the front wheel near the A post and a similar one in front of the rear wheel, this is where I jacked up my car with a low trolley jack. Sorry I cannot take photos as I have just sold my F12, if you are unsure take a pic of yours and I can tell you if that’s where I jacked mine up.

4. Andrew Honychurch

Mar 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    AndrewH
    Thanks Guys. I shall take a look tomorrow and if any doubt photograph it and post here. Sounds very likely to be as described . Should look at the manual as well I guess!!

5. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    ErikBR likes this.
  6. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    That's the reason why it's so difficult to take cars like this for tire service at non-dealer shops. Even us have a hard time figuring out where to jack up the car. Most of those chain tire shops will just lift up the entire car on their hydraulic ramps...which might actually be okay but I'm not sure at all.