f12 race seats conversion | FerrariChat

f12 race seats conversion

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by ffanl, Dec 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ffanl

ffanl Rookie

Apr 22, 2017
    poland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hi everyone,
    I'm interested in swapping my f12 comfort seats for the racing seats. I was talking with the dealership. Unfortunately they priced it at ~50k euro for everything. When I was amazed the man told me he literally didn't know if anything on this list was necessary, because he got the guidelines from Maranello and said he didn't know if it could be done cheaper.
    Whether any of you have done this in cheap option before and could share the "knowhow"?
    Thanks for all information.
    Below for the curious list from dealership (in pln currency):

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Depending on the specs of the car (ie if it's not very specifically specc'ed with options that matter to you) it is generally accepted that the best way is to trade your car for one that has the seats.
    This being said, I see no reason why you couldnt do with just the last 2 items in your list (and maybe as well the wiring harness, but arent race seats manual anyway? why a wiring harness??). That's still 2/3 of the cost though, so north of 32KUSD.

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  4. ffanl

ffanl Rookie

Apr 22, 2017
    poland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The easiest option @350MH83 you provided is imposible because i've found only two cars in my spec which i was looking for a 3 months haha.
    I think that wiring harness is different because of electrical seat control has connection with electric column of stering wheel or something, but i don't understand why door panels are necessary.
    -
    @greyboxer I'm interested in only oem race seats, but thank you for advice of 458 section, I will check

5. ozcav

ozcav Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    The race seats in my 458 were completely manual. The tilt function on my f12’s race seats are electric. I don’t know if that is an option or standard but it explains the wiring.

ffanl likes this.