F12 Status 20 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F12 Status 20

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by deltona, Feb 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Semi wild guess is you could have the car sometime in March. For delivery to the USA I'd be guessing mid-late April.

2. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    You just spent 280,000 and are worrying about road tax ;-)

3. irvinest

irvinest Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    UK
    My F12 order is Red 10, but my dealer assures me it will be with me by the end of March. Not sure if he has his fingers crossed more in hope or that is a reasonable time line.
    Pretty much same spec as yours only in Argento.

4. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

Yr 1 = £2310
    Yr 2-5 = £450
    yr 6 onwards = £140

5. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I would guesstimate two weeks.

6. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Don't remind me Scraggy! Still can't quite believe what I'm spending. Anyway, look after the pennies....... :-;

7. seawise

seawise Karting

Feb 29, 2016
    Sussex, UK
    yes, I am very much enjoying the FF but the miles are building up quickly as it's so damn usable (I have done more miles in the FF over the last year than my 3 Porsche's combined). I think an F12 will not fit into my life as seamlessly as the FF, but it will be even more special. Also I need to consolidate the fleet as I am likely to be moving into an urban property which has limited garaging, so one very special car such as the F12 in addition to a track car and a daily driver will work better for me. Quite fancy taking the Ferrari onto the track as well, where I suspect the FF will be out of it's depth, whereas the F12 will be highly entertaining.

I'll follow your experiences with the new car with considerable interest. exciting.

8. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    #33 MDEL, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Justin, the picture below shows in more detail how the grille with chrome edges looks like but if you want my opinion I've seen the standard black and it looks as good or better but, as always, this is purely a question of personal taste. I like the yellow calipers…………….
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    FWIW I like the chrome edges on most F12 specs.

10. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Perhaps the one advantage the laser cut chrome grill offers over black is resistance to stone chips ? I have black but wonder if it will be prone to rock chip as I imagine the grill is painted or powder coated ?

11. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Thanks Mario. Maybe we should swap grilles! In some pictures I think the black looks better but others the chrome. I guess i'll have to see with my own eyes. If its a £1000 option, I can only imagine the part price is much more?

12. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Hi Christian, I know you haven't had your car long but assume you haven't picked any chips up yet?

Perhaps anyone else with older F12s can comment on their experience?

13. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Haven't driven it since November...winter salt, ect around here. I have just over 900 miles...no chips on the grill yet...the rest of the front is X-pel'd.

I'm trying to figure out if the black grills chip ?

14. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    What the government will do with you 50,000 VAT one can only imagine ! Where does it all go. I always find it amazing that say 170 will go back to F and that is "enough" for a profit.

15. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Two weeks have passed since my car went status 20 and my dealer says I'm still status 20. I haven't received any production line photos either. But apparently there are still problems with the Modis computer system so my car may be further down the line than we know.

Has anyone else had any recent status updates on their build?

16. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

I am also waiting on an V12, and was told a couple of weeks ago not to expect regular updates because of the system issue. One of my friends went from 20 to 85 with no interim updates.

17. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    My CalitHS has been in 10G for 2+months now.. supposed to be a January build and zero updates.

18. scarfiotti355

scarfiotti355 Karting

Mar 25, 2009
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Lodovico
    Deltona
    Congratulations for One of beautifuel Ferrari V12 made!!!
    And the last Ferrari V12 designed by Pininfarina
    and more built for very little Time in Maranello Factory.
    A futur collector and Masterpiece!

19. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin

Thanks uhn2000 and Red Sled. I share your frustration. Of course I will let you know as soon as i hear any change to my status.

20. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Thank you. Yes, it should be one of the last F12b built as the line is soon to be retooled for the 812. I'm not sure how long i'll own it as I have my name down for the 812, but i'm already thinking it might be a keeper and I haven't even got it yet. :)

21. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    you may very well find it a keeper. There is nothing really compelling for me to move over from my '17 F12B to the 812. It just doesn't look as good to my eyes and I prefer the older interior.

22. irvinest

irvinest Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    UK
    My f12 is still red10, dealer still sticking to March/ April delivery story, but I m beginning to have my doubts I see it that early.

23. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

How long has it been red 10?

24. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    My delivery timeline is April 30th, still 10G - not sure how it can jump. Honestly had I known it would been this late I would have held onto FF and just waited to get a GTC4 at the end of the year. I feel like asking them to make that swap for me but not sure how possible it is to pull out now.

25. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Very frustrating that we can't get up to date information. I might ask my dealer if he can contact the factory directly for some up to date info.