F12 Status 20 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

F12 Status 20

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by deltona, Feb 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. irvinest

irvinest Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    UK
    been red 10 for at least 2 months

2. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

I am approaching the 3 month mark on Red 10. What I have been told is that because the F12 is approaching end of production, inventory management requires the spec to be locked down early (hence red 10), but production itself starts later on.

My friend who has an F12 on order informs me that he spent 3 months+ on Red 10 and then with no interim updates went from 20 to 85. So perhaps some reason to be cautiously optimistic.

3. irvinest

irvinest Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    UK
    been red 10 for at least 2 months

4. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

One thing to bear in mind is that the factory has to get 70 of the 70th anniversary cars done as well and that's likely to be more than a month's worth of production before the shutdown in August. Maybe having an impact on your timing.

5. FerrariART458

FerrariART458 Karting

Oct 3, 2015
    USA Washington
    Full Name:
    Scott McCoy
    Status 20 only means order has been excepted. No production has occurred.

6. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    From what I've been told, by the time some customers get their 70th anniversary cars some of them will technically end up being 71st anniversary cars. im sure Ferrari will say that makes them even more exclusive. :)

7. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

True! The only thing with the F12 70th anniversary cars is that all 70 of them will have to be done before August when the production switches to the 812. Might have an impact as a result, but hope yours arrives in time for the driving season.

8. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    My dealer called yesterday to tell me that several cars he has on order suddenly jumped in status by several stages in Modis. Unfortunately mine remains status 20.

9. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

I am being told that more mass status updates are happening this week. Good luck.

10. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    The factory implemented/upgraded their new worldwide Modis System recently. This has caused massive delay with data (normal in the IT world).

Marcel Massini

11. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Whilst all today's chat has been about the 812 at Geneva, I am pleased to say that my F12b has now moved slowly but apparently surely From Status 20 to Status 30 (Painting). As its Grigio Ferro i think it will be painted at Zanassi. Hopefully that won't delay it too much.

Anyone care to hazard an educated guess how long from here until build complete?

12. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Do we know when the last production of F12 will be? and does anyone know if it is still possible to get an allocation of F12? Thanks.

13. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

The line switches to 812 in August. I don't believe you can order one anymore.

14. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
  15. irvinest

irvinest Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    UK
    Justin,
    I got my photo of the car at the end of the assembly line today- roughly a week after i got the first picture in primer. Shouldn't be long now before it arrives, hopefully yours will be arriving soon as well.

16. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Thanks Stephen, great news!

Are you going to show us the pic? :)

17. irvinest

irvinest Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    UK
    #67 irvinest, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Elegance personified.

19. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    Excellent color.....enjoy in good health

20. bobhitch

bobhitch Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Enjoy your new cars when they arrive , I took mine out today ,dry roads and 15c so had the first 'spirited' drive of the year.
    It reminded me how bloomin' good the F12 is.
    You chaps are going to absolutely love your cars!
    Cheers,Bob

21. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    With the tdf and now the 812 getting all the attention, the F12b tends to get overshadowed which is a pity and undeserved. A truly wonderful car, congratulations, you'll love it.

22. irvinest

irvinest Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    UK
    Thanks gents, can't wait to get it home and give it a good thrashing.

23. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Justin my F12b will be loaded in Germany next Monday and will arrive to my garage on Thursday. Unfortunately I'm traveling on Saturday to Asia for almost two weeks and I hope I'll have the definitive plate number when I come back.

PS- I hope yours will speed up

24. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Frustrating isn't it, but won't be long now for either of us. At least you'll have her in your garage to admire on Thursday. Don't forget some pics please.

As Bob mentioned above, with temperatures in the U.K. above 15C I am even keener to get hold of mine and live the dream!

Based on Stephens car just being finished I'm hoping mine is only a week or two behind. Fingers crossed.....

25. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Was this at Maranello's? I think I saw it over the weekend, lovely looking car-I was tempted!