F12 tdf market price thread | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F12 tdf market price thread

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, Nov 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    +1. Its really a shame.

2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    #27 Caeruleus11, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
    So just to be argumentative- because I do agree drivers should get the cars- what defines a "real driver"?

I'd prefer to see more of a direct free market setup also but this is Ferrari's game and they make the rules.

LVEric, sorry to read about your health issues. I hope thats better now.

3. LV Eric

LV Eric Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2006
    LA & LV
    Full Name:
    eric

thx man, i'm pretty good now, 06-11 was tough action, in 11 my back pain started to fade slowly, ive been able to travel for the past 3 years with almost no problems. i'll never be 100% but yes!!!! i'm much better, thank you :)

kindest regards

eric

4. LV Eric

LV Eric Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2006
    LA & LV
    Full Name:
    eric

respectfully who cares about $10K isnt even a fraction of the sales tax, cant buy them new on MSO.

and good luck for a dealer to get a enforcement action on that $10K anyways, that contract aint worth the paper its written on.

the real loss is the relationship with the dealer, violation the terms of a contract for a flip is ****ting where you eat. I suppose everyone has a price.

but it aint the $10K

5. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Glad you're mostly better. Back pain is brutal.

6. patekswiss

patekswiss Formula 3

Mar 31, 2014
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo
    I never understand comments like this. Same kind of loose talk about ticket scalpers.

Ferrari could do one of two things. It could auction the cars off to the highest bidder, which would assure that the cars would go to those who value them the most.

Or, it can have a marketing gimmick to encourage people to stock up on F cars by offering the "chosen few" first crack at limited editions (now that Ferraris specializes in cranking out "limited editions" on a regular and calculated basis).

They choose the latter. That means that the allocation method might not result in the cars going to those who value them the most.

Folks who resell them fix that problem. They provide liquidity. Why is that bad?

I understand why Ferrari might not like it, because it highlights the money they left on the table.

Why anyone who loves to buy Ferraris would not like it is beyond me.

These flippers do not drive up prices. Those who buy from them do.

"First off, what is greed? Of course, none of us is greedy. It's only the other guy who's greedy." -- Milton Friedman

7. patekswiss

patekswiss Formula 3

Mar 31, 2014
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo
    That's easy. I'm a real driver, and nobody else is.

8. 250P

250P Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2011
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Guessing initial premium is one thing; how about guessing the total number they'll produce...

Basic price here is £339,000

9. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #34 Traveller, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
    This time, due to the IPO Spotlight, I think they will be compelled to stick to the announced 799. I also think that is the reason for an apparently bigger announced run unlike the 599 GTO which was announced as 599 and yet there are apparently at least 720. This sleight of hand is no longer open to them.

10. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    +1 and I heard this from a very reliable source. They are under the spotlight more now than ever before.

11. patekswiss

patekswiss Formula 3

Mar 31, 2014
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo
    Believe they are, but nothing about having had an IPO or being a public company would compel them to stick to the 799 -- even if they had used this number with investors in their securities filings (and they haven't).

They'd be subject to reputational issues, and to suit by buyers, or regulatory action by the FTC or the equivalent in other countries, if they were found to have done false advertising, but that would always have been the case, IPO or no IPO.

12. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I can only add anecdotal evidence. With the 599GTO, I asked at the last minute if I could order and my dealer said, all sold, but yes if I really did. We all know somewhere between 720-800 were made. Same dealer and under far more pressure on this car and so far no give from the factory on additional allocation.

13. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    #38 nads, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    Do we? I have seen that mentioned a few times, particularly on this forum, but is there any actual solid proof? Is there a published VIN directory somewhere or is it a combination of useless web banter and Chinese whispers? I can understand a few more than stated being made because of 'poor' counting skills :) but 100-200 more! Come on surely they would be facing legal action of some sort as that is blatant misrepresentation.

14. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Agree plus the other thing thats somewhat is amusing is that the cars should go to real drivers. If I read through the threads and look at mileages on cars for sale, they are so low. What's a real driver - I drive my Ferrari's as daily drivers, I don't worship them I enjoy them for the great cars they are. They aren't any better sitting in a garage than a Prius!! Ferrari knows how to sell it's card so well.

15. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    That is the beauty of their ruse! Very difficult to prove although I am aware of one individual who has noted in excess of 700 chassis numbers as well as off the record well placed confirmation.

16. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Interesting. So the 125 units in USA is well off also given the ratio used off the 599 number. Some in particular will not be happy to hear that but the response will be as expected. IMO actual numbers don't matter a single bit if you are truly satisfied with the car.

17. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    #42 Camlet1, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
    The chatter about 599 GTO numbers shouldn't matter a jot to the 599 GTO brigade. Had the TDF been called GTO, that would have been a hit on future values. Instead, I see the 599 GTO as rock solid going forward. Everyone knows Ferrari was always economic with the truth. As a related and depressing fact, someone who is involved in the Classiche programme believes there are only c 800 road worthy F40s in existence. The sad reality is over time, attrition brings down numbers anyway.

18. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    You are 100% correct especially now GTO prices have moved. Who cares if there are actually 1200 of them.

19. abu

abu Rookie

Mar 21, 2014
    Same deal with my friend. He had to buy a regular F12 for him to get an allocation for the TDF. i think that's a tactic they use now. They get to sell 2 cars instead of 1, brilliant strategy.

20. TheL

TheL Karting

Jan 11, 2015
    EU
    Just had a speech today with a dealer and I've been told that plenty of people is calling them asking for F!2 TDF offering usually a +200k Euro premium for it

21. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    To be honest, I think that is just the start when UK Speciales are going for nearly the same premium, and that for a non limited production car. Once word gets out just how outrageous the TDF is, when reviewers begin to understand it better with more time at the wheel, as well as hopefully a really positive report from Chris Harris who is surely best qualified to get underneath the skin, the prices could go ballistic. Until the market corrects.

22. TheL

TheL Karting

Jan 11, 2015
    EU
    I do think so.... Anyway I think that there is a lot of buyers without an allocation, much more than for example for 599 GTO, so the market could be not predictable

23. mik458spider

mik458spider Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    So what's the msrp?

24. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Where?

25. F2003-GA