F12 tdf market price thread | Page 42 | FerrariChat

F12 tdf market price thread

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, Nov 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Buy a Jag or the Ashton that Ferrari copied :)

2. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Many of these cars were bought at 800 plus with leverage and cant be sold as the seller would have to crystallise the negative equity, am not sure sticker prices are reliable

3. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Jag isn’t my thing but I do have a Roma on order . And having a blast in the GTS...variety is the spice life and each car brings its own upside and some downside.

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  4. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    So the seller would have had to incur cost to own and drive the car. Not going to get a lot sympathy from most Ferrari owners.

5. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    I'm pretty positive that's Mr JWW's old TDF..Its in a great spec and the best priced TDF currently for sale in the UK...Its even got the JBL Premium Hi-Fi system !

uhn2000 likes this.
  6. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    I would not be so sure that it is the best priced car for sale in the UK, may be the lowest advertised asking price. If you call three of the best-known (independent) dealers, and ask what they have in the "back room", you may find a different answer. During this week, one relatively high miles car (around 7k) is said to have sold for around £525k, but I don't know that for sure. There are a lot of tdf's for sale in the UK, but being RHD, it is a limited market. RHD used to bring a premium, but not any more it seems.

7. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Enjoy, I agree I just bought a Lambo Performante Spyder. Never thought I would own a Lambo, its marvellous (unlike the Avent which has a terrible gear box).

8. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    I would change "terrible" to "different" in that regard.
    One can't compare the single clutch to a double clutch. It is "retro" in a sense, however, it is highly befitting of the model. The size of the Aventador compared to the Huracan model range gives the former a bucking bull out of control animal feel when used at full bore, compared to the smaller sibling which is a fine tuned scalpel with the LDF gearbox. It is different but frankly when you spend a lot of time in it appreciating the nuances between the both is quite a difference and it is good to go back and forth. While an LDF gearbox on the Aventador would move it into a smoother territory of experience, I almost think it would take some of the character away from how the car drives, unless compensated for in other ways. Just like taking some of the noise it makes away. Would water down the experience, at least at present.
    Congratulations on the HP, what color did you get?

Boomhauer and Caeruleus11 like this.
  9. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Photos....

of2worlds and gliazzurri like this.
  10. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Why? The 812 VS will not be LE and will be followed (almost certainly) by a GTS VS. Not disputing the tdf market is weaker - not a huge surprise given the madness that's 2020, but the tdf will remain the last of its type. LE modern cars start with the Icona series. There will not be another tdf priced LE.

11. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Just not enough asses for all the seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryK, LARRYH and Bundy like this.
  12. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Some cool observations and sensitively put thanks, metallic white, black interior and contrast trim. I have been a Ferrari bore but this car is better than my 458 Speciale Aperta, objectively, the latter obviously has better investment potential. But Lambo HPS is faster, much louder, higher displacement, more cylinders, better steering and a BARGAIN ! I am very pleasantly surprised. I do feel a bit “flash” in it Lambo has an image problem in the UK. Very soccer player, rap and social media.

13. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Pics!

14. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
  15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    of2worlds and gliazzurri like this.
  16. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Thanks for showing your car off! It's a great car. The sound it makes is great on it. My take on the "flash" business is...just don't be one of those guys. I maintain there is not a majority of owners out there like that but it is biased by who puts that out there. The YouTube crowd is exactly that, but most aren't. I was out with four other HPs a few weeks ago and we are all normal reserved people. It was an amazing sight to see and looked like a Lamborghini advertisement. We all tried to stay out of videos/cameras etc. Not wearing gold chains and not blasting music watching people watch us. All young professionals and wouldn't be caught dead acting that way.

Boomhauer, of2worlds, Bundy and 2 others like this.
  17. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    So cool.. I could not for the life of me fit in the newer ones (6'3) but I managed to get my hands on (long story) one of the rarest Gallardos ever 1 of 50 Performante Spyder Edizione Technica. Its a blast to drive (very analog and stiff) and I was actually looking for a Speciale Aperta after I traded my coupe in for the TDF. This Gallardo is 20%$$ of the Speciale Aperta I was offered and think I will keep the funds for future rides. Anyhow like you I never thought I would be in a red lambo and the attention it grabs is ridiculous. I do love the single clutch.. the bangs are hilarious and blast! The car is very retro to me.. I actually wanted one way back when I bought my first super exotic an R8GT spyder but I didn't have the funds then so its nice to have it in the stable for some variety. Its at my wrap spot getting some touchups next to my Pista, which believe it or not I have not driven yet, I think the wait for this TM one was 2.5 years from point of deposit! Monday can't come fast enough!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Too humble
    I prefer your V12 amongst all
    But do agree the rawness of the Bull definitely complements the nimble agility of the horse.
    Love your Pista, and especially the color as it gives it more bold aggression.

Bundy and of2worlds like this.
  19. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Yes incredible sound, different league to GPF fare.

20. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    You will find the Pista very very fast but I predict rather big feeling and not as stimulating. I have had a 458SA and 488 Pista Spyder and bizarrely prefer the Performante. In particular it feels much quicker than my 458SA which is only a two year older model. I think the LHPSpyder is mispriced in the second hand market, it’s Porsche Turbo S money and miles more visceral.

The Pista is I think the best looking Ferrari in a decade or more. Enjoy.

09Scuderia likes this.
  21. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Had a Pista...love it.
    looking for a new toy.
    HPS for sure. Drove an HP (non-Spyder) in 2018 and will never forget that experience. Far more stimulating (in the ways that matter to me) vs any modern Ferrari.

Boomhauer, dustman and gliazzurri like this.
  22. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Agreed on the Pista looks, epic in my opinion however TDF wins in the sound and "makes me sweat" department!

gzachary, Bundy and 4_Eff_Sake like this.
  23. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Interesting, I went the other way... sold my Perf for Speciale...
    Different strokes for different folks

24. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    350MH83, ewright, gzachary and 3 others like this.