F12 TDF | Page 3 | FerrariChat

F12 TDF

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Tackleberry, Oct 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas

When you read the IPO document it talks about V12 sales dropping 20% in the first half of 2015, having already fallen 29% in 2014
    So here they launch a big expensive car to push these figures back up

I fear that from now on Ferrari will be following Lambo/Mclaren etc and bring out a new "special edition" overtime sales slow

2. 458italia2014

458italia2014 Formula 3

Aug 3, 2013
  3. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Are 30% of the orders really yellow cars? Seems awfully high.

4. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #54 montpellier, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    That is what they said, and it is launch colour. The triple yellow works so well as it shows off the carbon details well. Who knows what the final split will be, but certainly a lot going for brighter or lighter colours, as suggested by the styling team, so not to lose details. Of course a black TDF would look like it was going to hunt you down and kill you

5. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    will be great to see this compete against avent sv which i saw in person this weekend. it is gorgeous and exactly what a supercar should look like.

6. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Black would be a mean machine for sure. The Darth Vader model. ;)

Other than 770 hp what does the 799 need to be considered GTO-esque lf anything?

7. elipinski

elipinski Formula 3

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    Emanuel
    an F12 with steering of the rear wheels - maybe a bit more than some kind of speciale version...

8. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    +1. From what I can tell, as well as the information from those who have seen the car in person, this is way more than a "Speciale" version of the F12.

9. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Sorry, but an ill informed comment. Different league altogether.

10. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    #60 rockitman, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    I get it when you talk rear wheel steering. As far as the exterior goes, brakes and the motor....it's about in line with the Speciale treatment right down to the elevated claw like gear selector. What else am I missing ?

11. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Every single panel is different aside from the roof and doors. The rear side windows have been shortened, the front track wider, the rear screen different, the motor not even the same to look, it goes on. Speak to the factory and they will confirm this is no Specale make over but a major, and I mean major industrial effort and 4WS is a major part of that which will appear in future models.

12. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    so what is it then? is it the street version of the race car that Ferrari could have built off the f12? ;)

Porsche added rear wheel steering to gt3. that didn't make it a new model. improve aero, suspension, brakes, take out some weight, add some power with better tires is a well tried recipe.

its what they've done with stradale, scud, 599 gto, speciale. like Porsche with gt, mustang with cobra, viper with acr. to say its totally different model is silly

13. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I agree...a Speciale F12. What the hell is wrong with that ?

14. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Very beautiful and agressive design! I love it! Well done Ferrari!

15. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    carbon fiber cup holder not included

16. dolphins08430

dolphins08430 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2011
    Anyone know comfrimed Msrp?

17. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    As ever I think these press release pictures probably don't do the car justice but the front is very imposing I must say, perhaps to my eye, in this colour the shape lacks a bit of elegance but as I say lets wait for pictures of it in other colours.

I have never been a huge fan of yellow Ferrari's so perhaps I am seeing too much yellow and not taking in the details!

18. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I would do some shade of Red if I were blessed with the fortune to afford it and be allocated a car.

19. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Nothing wrong with that. But on the V12s Ferrari goes a bit further in the nature of the changes to each of these things (than on the V8s). I think calling it a Speciale F12 doesn't do justice to the full lengths they've gone on this car.

I am really really excited about this one!

20. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    well they have to go a bit further than with the mid engine models because of the extra size, weight, and dynamic deficiency of the front engine v12's.

its silly that some claim the 599 gto is a detuned fxx rather than an uptuned 599. that's same thing as saying speciale is a detuned 458 challenge or maybe a 'double detuned' 458gt.

this is an amazing car in its own right, as is 599gto, but lets keep it in context

21. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I was thinking about calling my dealer to see if I could get a build 2-3 years out when I have a chance to save enough money.....not realizing the car is already sold out and I have only one Ferrari purchase under my belt so far....lol

22. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think the context gets a bit blurry though. They do learn things on the XX programs that they apply to these cars. Yes, the 599 GTO isn't a 599 XX they just put some street legal bumpers on but you wouldn't want that for a street car anyway.

As to getting one of these things, you never know, you should ask, but its a really tough nut to crack. All the allocations are not truly spoken for yet but they might as well be. If you really want one, let the dealer know and then be patient. If the allocation doesn't come to you, there will be pre-owned cars on the market after 2-3 years. It will probably be a lot like the 599 GTO. For a moment in time there were a few cars on the market, now there are maybe 1-3 cars on the market at any one time.

23. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I can only imagine how expensive a lightly used pre-owned will be compared to msrp...I'm guessing base msrp of at least $500k.

24. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Its impossible to know right now. Its a special edition V12 Ferrari. It will command a big price. It will also be worth it. :)

25. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I guess if you have to ask, it's too expensive for you any way.