F12 TDF | Page 4 | FerrariChat

F12 TDF

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Tackleberry, Oct 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    will sell near $1m on secondary market which unfortunately means only place will ever see one is car show or Dubai

as many will see race track as new Bentley truck cross a river

2. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    I have two Ferrari purchase from the same dealership and no chance for an f12tdf. Most dealers will only get 3-4 and all are pre sold from mine. The list is pages long they say so its hard to get one for now. The 3 that are taking delivery has or had a hypercar from them.

3. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    I don't think I have ever met you in a 599 XX on a track, but I may be wrong. I have spent 5 years behind the wheel of an XX - enough to claim that I know it well.
    I also followed the development of the GTO closely and have done some 22,000 kms in mine.

The GTO is not a de tuned XX - that would not make sense but it most definitely is a car that has taken track proven developments from the XX and applied them to a homologated road car. The GTO is certainly NOT "an uptuned 599". The Uptuned 599 is called an HGTE.

The Speciale uses elements that were track developed on the GT3 and Challenge cars, but is certainly not a de tuned version - as a matter of fact it is more powerful than the racing versions!!

4. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I have been working my dealer for one but don't think it will happen ..but never know ... 799 is a lot more then 499...
    I know my score with FNA is 95(last i talked to my dealer ) which is pretty good... but not good enough..apparently ....

5. patekswiss

patekswiss Formula 3

Mar 31, 2014
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo

Let's assume you could find one, either pre-owned or for some reason an allocation becomes available, and let's assume you can only buy one more car for the foreseeable future. Might not an existing F12 owner, for that kind of money, be inclined pursue a Ford GT instead? Just because the TDF, pinnacle that it is, will under most normal driving circumstances be somewhat familiar to an F12 owner, while the Ford GT is something else completely.

Have to admit, would be a tough decision for me.

6. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I don't think the new Ford GT will be collecting value like the 2004 model did.

7. 250P

250P Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2011
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Yes please, I'll take that one, right now, as it is.

8. 250P

250P Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2011
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    As in F12 TDF ? )))

9. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I am an existing F12 owner and I would rather have the F12 TDF then the ford Gt anyday. totally different cars from my point of view ... The 04 thru 06 Ford Gt is pretty cool but i have never been able to warm up enough to buy one. for whats its worth...

10. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    As far as the Ford GT goes...my only regret was not buying one at msrp back in '04. I'm thinking I might like having a TDF more than any other car on the planet that has been produced in the last 20 years....surely a special beast.

11. Hoodlum

Hoodlum Karting

Sep 8, 2014
    Amazing technical changes.. Not sure what I think about the exhaust though. Seems like it would have been more aggressive-- I can't tell much difference from the F12B in the clips Ferrari posted on their site. Granted, the F12B sounds great, I expected there to be a larger change.

12. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    +1 my thoughts exactly

13. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Nope. That's too obvious haha. It's a very recognisable, fun number followed by TDF. I use same number followed by GTO (on yes you've guessed it) and again SPA on a very recent addition. And likewise on the Speciale coupe. Mrs Camlet thinks I'm certified nuts but as the saying goes....work hard, play hard :D. Car look pretty good too. I'm going for Argento with Azzuro Dino large stripe per the 61 Passo Corto Le Mans car.

14. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Does any of the future owners know what kind of tyres it has? Cup 2? Corsa?

15. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Corsa? What are Corsa tyres?

16. patekswiss

patekswiss Formula 3

Mar 31, 2014
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo
    Oh wow. Nice!

17. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK

Pirelli P Zero Corsa.

18. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Ah. Those are discontinued and replaced with the Trofeo series afaIk.

19. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Firstly mods, can you amalgamate all these TDF threads as it becomes confusing where to post.

Having seen the car at the private view, I came away really excited and very impressed by what they had achieved despite the naysayers negative comments, understandably so, from the poor stolen image. As I posted, when I first saw it, it took my mind a moment to recalibrate the design direction, but then.....

Now seeing the official images, my recollection of the car is refired and I am possibly even more excited than I was, and even in yellow. This is a swan song for the n/a front engined V12 and they have clearly thrown way more at this than when converting 458's into Speciale, it is almost unrecognisable, even before you dig below the skin. Being so different, it also allows them to continue to sell the standard car, as this is effectively almost a new model. It will also keep their n/a V12 lines humming to the end.

In short, I think they have absolutely nailed it. It may not have the purity of a Pinin design, but then you could argue that this type of evolution needed a fresh hand, taking an already aggressive design and somehow making it even more so. I think Pinin would have struggled with this evolution, brilliant as they always were at fresh designs, but this, in my mind, would not have played to their strengths. There is something very raw and exciting bout this to my eye, a new direction for Ferrari.

20. lsmkr01

lsmkr01 Karting

Oct 5, 2010
    VA
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    #95 lsmkr01, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    You don't think a car with only 500 examples and no other car/variant remotely like it will collect value???? Even if it does not do well at Le Mans it will appreciate off the back just like P1/LF/918, if it wins Le Mans next year add in a multiplier to that already apreciated value. The market sets the price and demand is way higher than 500 people. 400k for the new GT is a bargain as it is in the same class as SCG 003 in terms of feather light and built specifically for racing.

The 04-06 car was a homage car to the original. This new car was created under the same goal as the original car. Clean sheet design with the most dependable & efficient power plant available to go out and beat Ferrari/Win Le Mans.... which we know it did very well.

21. Maggio23

Maggio23 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2013
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD1CITiitQM[/ame]

22. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    #97 Caeruleus11, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    Excellent points Tim. I agree. Also interesting about the motor. They've taken away most of those chambers(on the F12berlinetta) and replaced the area with a variable trumpet system along with a wider airbag and the new mechanical tappets. Besides getting truly geeky about this, this tells me its not just the power numbers but how the power is made. This will be savage power. Raw but refined also.

23. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    but many reviews of the original f12 said it had trouble putting power to the ground. what have they done to address even more power (besides tires)?

24. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    No, the Trofeos are semis. The Corsas are supersport road tyres, just like the Michelin Pilot Supersport.

25. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I did not realize they were only making 500 copies. My bad. Guess it will be a collector.