F12 TDF | Page 5 | FerrariChat

F12 TDF

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Tackleberry, Oct 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
  2. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    #102 95spiderman, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. patekswiss

patekswiss Formula 3

Mar 31, 2014
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo

They are different cars, for sure.

But comparing the new Ford GT to the 04-06 version is like comparing a bunkbed to the ocean. They have nothing whatsoever to do with each other.

And while I would usually not argue that anyone is better at hypercar technology than Ferrari, and I'm still reluctant to do so, well let's just say that, technologically, the Ford GT is more than mildly interesting.

I will stop there at the risk of fanning the flamers for the unpardonable sin of straying off topic.

4. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Cannot unsee... But you wouldn't care when that V12 was lit up on your favorite road!

5. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I suppose a natural consequence of a similar brief, two seater front engined sports car, and aerodynamics. I'm sorry to say, and I accept from a euro standpoint, one looks like class, the other.......

6. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I guess I am alone on this one, but did in-house design lose all their energy resolving the front half of the car and decided to toss the rest over to Mansory?

That carbon strip & shark gills eww...

....but then that V12 though...

...what was I saying?

7. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    still, if I was lucky enough to be getting a tdf, I would definitely spec a body color aero bridge...

8. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Splitting hairs here maybe, but I'd say the MPSS is comparable to the PZero. The Corsa system tyres which has been on the market for quite some time, were the tyre that competed with the Michelin Sport Cup+. Pirellli advertises it as a track style tyre and I believe it runs an R compound. I know the tirerack puts it in the same category as the Sport Cup tyres above extreme performance tyres.

9. Mbn

Mbn Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    If you know the know how it's pretty easy it just needs few calls and some support.

Exactly, that what I thought about when I saw it.

Still great car.

Mbn

10. nis1973

nis1973 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2013
    NYC/CT
    Yeah, I was afraid that I'd be run out of town for saying it but it does look like a corvette with an over the top body kit. Also, am I the only one who finds the tdf moniker a bit disappointing. It used to be that Ferraris were called TDF, Daytona, or GTO because they made their mark in period and/or truly were Omologato (the 599 GTO is a stunning GT but it's not Omologato). Now it's just (massively successful) marketing...

11. Sebas90

Sebas90 Rookie

Sep 2, 2015
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Sebastian Garcia
  12. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    #112 of2worlds, Oct 14, 2015
  13. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Why is ferrari calling rws virtual short wheel base when porsche calls same system long wheel base?

14. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Ferrari knows the car is a big machine. The rear wheel steering to help get rid of the bulky car feeling buy giving the car a "turn in feel" of a car the size of an Elise. Pretty cool actually..

15. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Other than being yellow. These cars have no similarity in any details. The similarities are the similar proportions that any two front engine sports cars have.

16. faykau

faykau Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    #116 faykau, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    i put the og f12's profile pic next to the stingray's. quite similar in various ways, and f12 came out before vette..
    i think overall an improvement in terms of aggression of the look of the f12, especially the shorten side windows.

but i must admit that i do not like those vents in the rear arches. and yea i would choose to have the body colored bridges too..

17. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I admire your enthusiasm and wish you well with the new beast. I do, however, disagree that the F12 TDL is "almost unrecognizable" as an F12 though! - best

18. Gated

Gated Formula 3

Dec 21, 2009
    Take your bias goggles off for a second and take another look ;-) I'd be impressed if 1 out of 100 non-enthusiasts could tell the difference.

19. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    How many years does Ferrari not change the Ferrari racing seats? If I'm not mistaken it is from 2007 that seat doesn't undergo radical changes. Every time a new model comes out, there are two types of seats: standard with new design and the usual racing seat. Practically for 8 years come out new models with the exact same design of the seats, with the exception of some surface finish and different stitching.. This is my only criticism about the F12tdf I find really really really beautiful.

20. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Thank you. That's the car. For me she's always been achingly beautiful mixing real purpose with elegance in equal measure. I think the 250 resides today in the US, the owner has a jewel. I'm waiting for the factory to confirm the exact shades of blue and silver but for now it's down as Argento N and Azzuro Dino.

21. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Honestly, in pics my 599 GTO looks far more like the Corvette. In real life no one mistakes it's a Ferrari.

22. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #122 Traveller, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    You are right, it is an exaggeration to make a point, just what a radical transformation from the standard car this is and as I have said, far more of an engineering effort that 458-Speciale.

23. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    I suppose the rws is active? Really glad Ferrari has developed awd and 4ws cars. Now they just need to put both technologies in one car for one monster fast beast.

24. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK

No, not really mate.

The P Zero Corsas are akin to the Pilot Supersports or the Bridgestone 001s. They are high performance road tyres that can be used on the track as well: P ZERO? CORSA SYSTEM , Car tyres, Summer tyres | Pirelli

The Trofeos are semis, like the Cup 2s. They are listed in the motorsport section of the Pirelli site as road legal trackday tyres: P ZERO TROFEO R, Motorsport tyres - PIRELLI UK | Pirelli

So I guess noone knows yet what kind of tyres the Tdr will have.

25. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    #125 of2worlds, Oct 15, 2015
    Yes the Ferrari resides in the USA with Bruce Meyer. Beyond the looks the SWB also sounds fantastic! He is standing right beside the SWB which he drives regularly and parked behind is his 1957 TRC also in silver.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login