F133 (612) Tensioner Bearings | FerrariChat

F133 (612) Tensioner Bearings

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by cshapard, Mar 7, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cshapard

cshapard Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Hello, I have a question regarding the placement of the left tensioner pulley on F133 engines. The right pulley (steering pump, water pump) comes with a washer on the front and rear, and when replacing it the pulley operates normally. Unfortunately I did not take a photo when removing the left tensioner (AC, alternator), but this pulley only has a washer on the front (https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/part-finder/ferrari/612/oe/31/2716/50546). However, when installing the pulley as shown in the parts diagram, it clearly will not function and comes in contact with the damper pulley. When I reverse the position of the pulley (flip it around and seat opposite side to engine side), the pulley operates correctly. The diagram clearly shows protruding side of the pulley outward. Just making sure before I get her all back together in case I am missing something. Is it correct to have the protruding face side of this pulley toward the engine? Thanks for the help!

C

2. cshapard

cshapard Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Was able to answer my own question here. While I forgot to take a snap of this when removing, the workshop manual just barely has enough photographic evidence to show that in fact the protruding side of the tensioner pulley is toward the engine on the alternator/AC side.

3. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    That is correct. They fit in opposite directions of each other. Ferrari, go figure.

V4NG0 likes this.
  4. cshapard

cshapard Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Thank you for the response. While I took a look at a few photos from the WSM and was 99.9% certain, always helpful to get the extra confirmation before putting it ALL back together. Thanks!

Ferrari Tech likes this.