F1TV App | FerrariChat

F1TV App

Discussion in 'F1' started by FerrariCognoscenti, Nov 20, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    I have to say, the F1 TV app is just phenomenal. They have full race replays of every season dating back to the 1980 season, so you can watch the full seasons and see the battles of Senna-Prost, Nelson Piquet-Nigel Manuel-Gilles Villneueve, etc etc. The race recaps from the 1970-79 seasons are also amazing. Watching this brings you back to the old days and you forget for a moment that we live in 2022. I love watching the absolute chaos and disorganization of vintage F1. And being able to watch every single race in order of 40+ years of F1 is incredible.

I have my F1 TV app connected to my TV through AppleTV so I can watch on my big screen.

It’s rare I ever praise any modern technology but F1 knocked it out of the park with this.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

paulchua and jcurry like this.
  2. SS454

SS454 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    Chris S
    After my cable company scheduled the race 1 hour late and thus my recorder missed the first hour of the race, I had to go to F1TV owned by a friend of mine, and I think I may just cut my cable and purchase the F1TV service instead.

3. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    Agree, the app is great and the versatility you get with the shows is excellent

4. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Is there a way to get the SkyTV commentary through the app? I prefer it to the stock commentators

5. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    When I stream on an iphone or iPad i there is an option, but on my appletv I can’t find the option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    I am on Android. Hmm. Where is the option? A choice before picking?

7. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    It’s just ok. I’ve had it since it’s inception. It’s not polished and I wish the race replays started coverage earlier. I miss seeing Martin’s grid walk. It’s one of my favorite parts of the race. I also don’t understand why they show a replay of a pass that we JUST watched happen. I don’t need a replay…..I just saw it. smh

The ability to watch the archives does make it worth it though. Lets me listen to those glorious V10’s and V8’s.

Boomhauer and Bas like this.
  8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It's good these days. First few years the app was awful. Crashed often and wouldn't load etc.

I've got it with the firestick (useless ****ing thing that it is), I press the middle button whilst watching a session and on the right hand side a menu pops up where I can choose between world feed (palmer as commentator), sky commentary, no commentary or follow a specific driver (and get their full radio!).

We don't get to see the Sky pre and post shows though, or in between qualifying we don't see what they do on the skypad (only hear it).

next 3 months weekends' will be spend watching pre V6 races.

Vegas CS likes this.
  9. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    Forgot to address the sky sports part. On IOS you just tap the screen once the video is playing and a vertical menu shows up on the right (like when Bas hits the middle button). The second from the top should be a circle (representing world as in world feed as in Sky broadcast). I imagine it’ll be the same far Android. Hit that and Bob’s ur uncle.

Bas likes this.
  10. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    That worked well i just hit the globe under the circle and got the Sky feed. Great for next season thanks!!

Vegas CS likes this.
  11. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    Do you guys watch with multiple screens with different info on each screen? Sounds cool, but wonder if people really use it. Or do you just have multiple views on a single screen?

I rarely watch live. Usually a few hours later. Just curious how everyone realistically uses the app.

also is it better to use my apple,TV or to stream from my iPad to Apple TV for easier control?

what do you guys think of this

haven’t purchased the app yet

12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'll let you know in the next race :)

13. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    Great. It would be nice if we could set up a support thread on how to use this free viewer to watch the races. I am thinking the best way is to view on laptop and stream the screen to Apple TV or Chromecast

The 3rd party viewer is free BTW and is capable of straming live DRM content.

14. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The screen mirroring to tv does not work. I have tried multiple devices. Apple TV, Roku, LG. It flat out doesn’t work. It will say network error. Or just play audio. it Also errors out when you are wanting to watch a session thag live and you wanted to start from the begging…
    Best to watch it on the dedicated app via Apple TV or whatever you have.

15. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    I found out that you can not mirror live races and it remains locked for some time after the race. This is copyright protection. You can hardwire a HDMI cable from a device to play on your TV.

I am by no means a F! expert so I wonder if I will spend all this time setting things up to see driver views, listen to driver radios, have stats up, only to reach the conclusion "I really only watch the race as it plays and all of this sounded good, but in reality, I don't use it"

I think during LIVE races, you can watch the race on your main screen, then watch the drivers views, listen to the radios, etc and have it on separate iPads and iPhones with the standard F1 app on Apple TV and iOS.

It gets harder to do that on recorded content because it seems very hard to sync the timing of all the content on multiple devices when its not live.

unless you use the Multiviewer app on a PC or Macbook that I posted above