F355 HVAC ECU | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F355 HVAC ECU

Discussion in '348/355' started by baschul, Jun 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brendon0

brendon0 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Tampa FL
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    Are all chips on the board the same? Looks to be six identical.

Why not just replace all 6?

Enrico Creaco likes this.
  2. brendon0

brendon0 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Tampa FL
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    I have been doing some more digging on this and here is what I have found so far:

ECU Connection diagram:

http://members.iinet.net.au/[email protected]/FerrariF355Spider/Fig6_Cooling_Circuit_&_AC_System.gif

Right now I count 6 "motors" connected to the ECU which would match the 6 TCA2465G chips on the ECU board. I am not
    an EE so I am just guessing at what the symbols mean but the logic is straight forward:

01228 - Recirculation system motor (drives recirc flap) - This motor opens and closes the recirc flap in the front of the car assuming
    the boss is not broken.

01406 - Water Recirc pump at Idle - This pumps hot water from engine thru hot/cold mix at idle (????)

01262 - Air distribution motor-actuator - Moves the air distribution in the cabin - feet/face/dashboard etc

01227 - Water valve motor - I think this controls the hot/cold mixing valve in the trunk mixing hot engine water with cold a/c air

01229 - Fan motor with some sort of "power unit" (10008) attached - My guess is fan speed control

07035 - Inside air temperature sensor (with a motor diagram in it)? - Not really sure on this one but is the only
    other "motor" symbol attached (somehow) to the ECU, so this would be chip #6

The only other motor symbols I see are for radiator fans and power mirror motors

Make sure if you are getting replacement chips you order the "TCA 2465 G" model, not the "TCA 2465" model. The
    model without the "G" in it is a different chip layout (ZIP-9 or SIP-9) layout. the "G" model is a flat chip with
    pins on both sides.
    TCA2465 pdf, TCA2465 description, TCA2465 datasheets, TCA2465 view ::: ALLDATASHEET :::

I am also having a hard time finding a non-ship-from-china source for these chips - Can anyone share a good
    link to buy them?

3. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Inside air temp sensor has a little fan in it to draw air across the sensor.

Nice diagram, but unfortunately it doesn't tell which chip controls which motor. Have to open up the ECU and follow the traces for that.

Mine as well order from China. They will likely be the same part you would find locally but a lot cheaper. I ordered 5 last week @ $4/each.

4. brendon0

brendon0 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Tampa FL
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    Care to share who you ordered from at this price? Looks like you can get from ebay
    but unknown results.

5. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Yes, Ebay. I've ordered lots of components from China/HK over the years with no problems.

6. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Look at post 14 for where to buy the chip

7. brendon0

brendon0 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Tampa FL
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    Guys,

I am going to go ahead and order a package of 10 from China and start this project. They come in 5 and 10 packs. I'll replace the 6 chips on my ECU and if someone is
    interested (and they work) I'll sell the other chips to guys on f-chat if you want them,
    thus no risk for you guys as I will know if the chips are good or not and you get
    them cheap and shipped from USA.

I am assuming Lorenzo will eventually make it back to FL and share with us which chips
    go to which motor inside the car. (thanks Lorenzo!)

8. baschul

baschul Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Brian S
    #33 baschul, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    Thanks for the great info, Brendon. I might have attempted to tackle my repair as a DIY, but it's hot here in Texas and I wanted to get it working ASAP. I had already sent my ECU off to ASI for repair by the time you provided this info. I paid the additional $100 for their lifetime warranty. They have completed the repair, and the part is currently on its way back to me arriving Monday. I'll report back to the group once I reinstall and test since many have had questions on other threads about ASI's ability to repair this specific ECU.

-Brian

9. KingSteve

KingSteve Karting

Jan 16, 2015
    Maranello
    Dose anybody know if there is a similar service offered in Europe? I"ll be adding this to the list for the dealer!

10. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
  11. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Ok, my chips arrived today. I bought two sets of chips from tow different vendors in China. The first vendor was TCA2465G Manu Siemens Package SOP20 | eBay

I bought 6 chips from them at $5 each. All chips are marked Siemens.

The second vendor was 5pcs TCA2465G Encapsulation SOP20 Dual Power Operational Amplifier | eBay

I bought 1 pack of 5 from them for $20. 3 were marked Siemens, 2 were marked Infineon.

Whether these are legitimate or knocks off I can not say. But both Siemens and Infineon have manufacturing facilities in China.

12. brendon0

brendon0 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Tampa FL
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    #37 brendon0, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    10 chips arrived today - I bought a pack of 10 for $40 + $2 shipping. Took about
    a week to arrive. Looks like vendor already dropped price to $30.

10pcs TCA2465G Encapsulation SOP20 Dual Power Operational Amplifier | eBay

I only pulled out one it was marked Siemens. All look new.

Will have them installed in the next week or so.

Having all 6 installed at a local audio electronics repair shop. (ProAudio Electronics | TV, Stereo, & Audiophile repair)

Quoted price is $159 + tax for the labor.

Will advise on the results.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Oh good. I don't have to be the guinea pig. :)

14. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Just ordered 6 myself... Just in case. Hope there are plenty in stock for those who actually need them now :p

15. Williamhh

Williamhh Rookie

Mar 31, 2015
    I'll be very interested to see the results of this too!

16. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    So any updates?

17. brendon0

brendon0 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Tampa FL
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    Have not had time to pull the ECU yet. Should have time this week.

18. brendon0

brendon0 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Tampa FL
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    Hello everyone!

After dealing with some medical issues the last month, finally found an hour
    to open her up and pull the ECU. Pretty easy about an hour or so job. ECU
    buried all the way back in there behind the ABS ECU and relay/fuse rack.

I'll run this over to the electronic shop tomorrow and get them started, hopefully
    first results next week if I have time.

I am going to try and trace the leads tonight to identify which chips connect to
    which pins so we can match the chips to purpose.

Anyone else have any progress so far?

19. brendon0

brendon0 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Tampa FL
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    #44 brendon0, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    Mine just came back from ASI. Appears to be work well now but it has only been a week.

Curious to see how you guys get on with the repair.

21. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Waiting to see how yours turns out. Any update?

22. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    +1

23. brendon0

brendon0 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Tampa FL
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    Still waiting on the ecu to come back from the electronic shop

24. OTerry

OTerry Rookie

May 29, 2005
    Hello all:
    I'm having the same issue w/ my 355GTS. Not to be a dolt, but, where is this ECU shown in the photo? I have removed the control box that is in the center console. This is the one that has all the knobs for temp/fan speed/vent positions etc. along w/ the 'recirc' button and 'stop' button. The circuit board inside that box looks nothing like the one shown in the photo, so I'm guessing the actual ECU is somewhere else. Can anyone explain?

25. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    It's a separate unit. I've been told it's on the right hand side of the luggage compartment (you'll have to remove the liner to get to it). I don't know if it's on the same side for both left and right hand drive cars (Your profile doesn't tell me where you're from, so I thought I'd add that ;) )

Cheers