Wanted - F355 manual conversion parts | FerrariChat

Wanted F355 manual conversion parts

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by Uberpower, Jun 29, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Presently car is 1998 F355 F1. Will not select any forward or reverse gear.

Car located in Southern California. Alternatively May consider beefier repair parts for existing F1 (360 pump, etc.)

2. Ferrarista98

Ferrarista98 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jason L
    If it was me I’d get it professionally diagnosed to understand the extent of the issue first and then decide. Would favor keeping it F1 but that’s just me.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

f355spider and Uberpower like this.
  3. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Sure. If it’s a $3k - $5k fix, fine F1 it is. If it’s $10k+, I’d rather convert.

4. carbonsmith

carbonsmith Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Bizarre preference ... The answer is always a stick.

997, x19er, FerrariIcona and 2 others like this.
  5. 1monza

1monza Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2005
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Norbert Hofer
    I have a factory pedal box if interested.

6. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    All that's needed for the conversion is the clutch pedal itself, the boxes are identical

7. chris1866

chris1866 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Chris
    If you’re talking about the car at Beverly Hills car club, converting the car to manual or dealing with whatever trans issues is the LEAST of your worries.
    Go back and take a close look at the pictures of the door sills….

Like others have said, the list of required parts is not long. Shift carrier and gear selector rod, pedal box (same as 348), etc. there is a video on YouTube where a guy goes through the process step by step.

But again, on that car, the numerous odometer rollbacks, obvious accident history, etc would be a much bigger deterrent. Buyer beware

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. Senshi458

Senshi458 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2015
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I just did manual conversion on my 355 GTS, there is thread on 355 part of forum. Its complete different car for me now :D

9. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    It must be from a bosch brakes car.

10. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    It's different. When Ferrari switched to Bosch ABS in 1998 they changed the pedal box. The only manual boxes that work are from '98-'99, very rare since much of production by then was F1. Good news is you don't need the box, just the clutch pedal.

FerrariIcona and chris1866 like this.
  11. chris1866

chris1866 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Chris
    My mistake, I had no idea. Good to know, thanks!

Targatime likes this.
  12. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan

Do we have any photos of it when it was damaged? Or is this you seeing the proof as I haven't looked at that car that hard he doesn't post carfaxes does he?

13. chris1866

chris1866 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I don't recall exactly, but I did spend some time looking at it when it was first listed, and in the records there is a receipt or two for some body/paint work.
    I called and inquired about the car and that's when the salesperson told me about the numerous odometer rollbacks in the history.
    Rosso Barchetta is my favorite color on a 355, and I am certainly no stranger to turning wrenches on them, but there is too much liability with this particular example for me.

Sorry to OP for (potentially) derailing his thread!

Flea7 likes this.
  14. FerrariIcona

FerrariIcona Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 8, 2022
    Full Name:
    Yingli Cheng
    Actually, a number of parts are needed to do the conversion, and most of them are no longer available new or on the secondary / used market. They have all but disappeared. I have a set but it took me the better part of two years to accumulate all the necessary parts.

15. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    I saw this car back in August when I thought of doing the same thing in converting it to manual. The car is in rough shape. I decided to pass. I think a 40k number is correct for that car.

chris1866 likes this.
  16. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I would put that car in the $30K range. Needs absolutely everything. And no matter how much money and time you sink into bringing it back, it will never not be a car with odometer rollbacks, an accident, and severe neglect in its history.

Flea7 likes this.
  17. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Just picked up a 355 GTS F1, still looking for these parts if anyone has any leads.

This one is in far better shape with a recent major and F1 Clutch showing 84% life. So, no worries about driving it this way until I source the parts for the conversion. Thanks to all!

18. jfink

jfink Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2013
    Charlottesville, va
    Full Name:
    jon fink
    Do you still have a factory three pedal box ? Please let me know. Jon Fink [email protected] 434-825-6747
    thanks, Jon

19. jfink

jfink Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2013
    Charlottesville, va
    Full Name:
    jon fink
    May we speak about your conversion from an F1 to a manual on your GTS. than k you, jon Fink 434-825-6747 [email protected]