F355 Market | Page 110 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    I'll throw a number out. I think 79k is reasonable.

2. Wallsttrader

Wallsttrader Rookie

Apr 15, 2016
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Joe

I live close to this dealer and have seen the car a few times i believe its one of the dealers owners personal cars they have it and a lambo - R8 in showroom but they mostly sell everyday cars, my buddy bought a 08 BMW 650 from them last year, i went with him to pick it up and I had asked about the F355 and what would you take the salesman said " not in a rush to sell "

3. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Assuming it's fully sorted, which I don't think it is, around 80-85k. If it's not fully sorted, under 80k.

I'm basing that off the few offers I got for my car and I'm also being slightly optimistic.

4. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    He is what we know about that car:

- Exterior looks pretty clean - can see the underside of front bumper is scrapped up (typical)
    - Engine bay is a disaster
    - Missing RH engine bay panel
    - PS reservoir not updated
    - Condition of leather less than awesome (not terrible)- driver's seat (bolster) appears to have be re-dyed
    - Passenger airbag needs recovering and fixing of the base plastic prior to new leather
    - All "sticky" parts need to be refinished if you care to make them right
    - Carpet looks to be pulling away at passenger foot rest
    - Shifter gate trim is broken
    - Missing ashtray lid
    - No tool case in front bonnet (indoor car cover?, manuals?)
    - Non painted top
    - No service history provided. I'd guess the car needs a major
    - Clean carfax and only 2 owners (positive)
    - Not high miles, but certainly not low (as in premium)

Given what I've listed (taken from the photos only), and the current market, $70K tops.

5. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    SCFerrari...
    That price is crazy. I quoted a member who recently mentioned his car in another post. Not a GTS, but it might be one worth checking out.

6. krazykarguy

krazykarguy Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    ...not to mention that there is absolutely no substance to the ad. Their ALL CAPS and virtually punctuation-free paragraph about the car is essentially a cut and pasted magazine article for it. There is absolutely nothing other than the pictures that are vehicle-specific.

The dealer is letting the pictures speak for themselves - and as Dave has pointed out - they're screaming "run away".

7. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I bought Eddies car and bailed out of my 348 Spider. The soft market hurts that transaction right now. I also spent another $3k on it - tires, brake ABS repair, service and paint correction coating. I have put about 1600 miles on it since March.

If market returns or I keep as planned for next 7 years it should firm up. Will need another major, but still really sorted, driven and enjoyed, so I hope to still profit - it is what I tell my wife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steved033 likes this.
  8. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Terrible when there are 2 or 3 in a sea of muscle cars. who wants to make the trip to an auction for 2 or 3 cars. No serious collector. Now, you get 50 ferraris/exotics there, and you'll begin to draw a different crowd of bidders.

just my opinion.

sjd

mshobe likes this.
  9. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
  10. vracer

vracer Formula 3

Jun 23, 2014
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Would look better with blue top and tonneau. The rest, ???

11. 308gtsqv

308gtsqv Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2008
    Mass/Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Mike
  12. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
  13. bnels2348

bnels2348 Karting

Jul 26, 2006
    South Valley, UT
    Full Name:
    B
    Could be a good one but there would be a lot of questions. How does an owner not know when the last major was? If I had good information I’d be interested and drive the #%^* out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. joe1973

joe1973 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2016
    NJ
    How can the previous seller not have records of the accident/repair. This is a prime BUYERS BEWARE example. Best purchased by a professional garage and used for exotic rentals business. just my view.

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  15. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I think this seller might be a flipper. There are A LOT of unanswered questions and the mileage is a bit on the higher side.

Robb likes this.
  16. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    This is one of Ken Stone's cars. Seems over the last few years Ken has gotten into buying / selling 355's

17. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    The question is really - how many full history answers do you expect on a $35k Ferrari when most of these sell at 80...

If you are interested, give Ken a call. He is a straight shooter. I’m sure he’s just trying to avoid deadbeat bidders and tire kickers.

I’m guessing no tool case included at that price. :D

Robb

18. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    $35K is the staring bid...

Robb likes this.
  19. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    Yeah, but "no reserve"...

Robb likes this.
  20. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    IMO, the starting bid is the reserve or the starting bid should be $0.01. Also, people play games on ebay with shill bidding or just pulling the listing a couple minutes before the sale if the number is not high enough. IMO, ebay is just a marketing tool and 99% of the deals are done off line..

21. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I agree that for cars - ebay is just a place to get the word out...

I don't think any real buyers ever "bid" on most cars there - especially expensive ones.

Robb

22. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I found my car in an Ebay listing. Waited to see where it went then called the dealer. The rest is history.

23. 0.0.1.99

0.0.1.99 Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2012
    Carolinas
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Hi.

Ken here.

As reported, the starting price and reserve price is effectively the same (as it has no reserve). So in short I expect to sell it for $35k, maybe a little more but $35k would be great.

And I placed it on eBay to reach a wide audience. I do expect the high bidder to be a deadbeat. But maybe not.

And I really was not given any history on the car (I appreciated the challenge and risk of the project).

And I do not know when the last major was because I do not care.

And I will not cancel the auction just prior to closing (because $35k is what I am willing to sell for).

And I think it is a great deal as these cars are worth so much more. But some people feel more secure buying a Lexus, I get that.

And a toolkit is not included.

carnutdallas likes this.
  24. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    It should easily sell at that price, honestly if I was in a better place right now we would be making a deal. Unfortunately my family’s medical bills have absolutely destroyed my financial well-being over the last couple years.