F355 Market | Page 111 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    When I bought my 355 I used the buy it now on eBay, but we worked out the full deal afterwards with a few concessions from them. On my 348 I saw it on eBay for a couple unsuccessful auctions then I contacted the dealer direct to work out a deal.
    Not that they are very strict on it with the rest of eBay but they push that a bid is a binding contract but in the automobile auctions they specifically say it is NOT a binding contract and the bidder does not have to follow through with the purchase. That’s why you get so many dead beat bidders. The same is true for the seller too though, no point in putting a reserve on anything because you really don’t have to sell it when all is said and done anyway.

2. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Easy not to have the records even on a damage repair, these cars change hands and books don’t get sent along, some people just don’t care as much either. But there are plenty of Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc out there changing hands with zero history or paper work.

phrogs likes this.
  3. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I’m not 100% sure on the actual cars and trucks auctions because they have a lot of different guidelines than the rest of eBay. But I don’t believe you can cancel bids or pull an auction in the last 12 hours on eBay. If it runs into the last 12 hours everyone is locked in. Which really doesn’t matter because ebays auto auctions are totally non binding anyway.

4. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Yes you can. I've seen it happen more times than I have fingers and toes ;)

5. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Yeah, I wasn’t 100% sure in the cars, I’ve sold 4 or 5 on eBay over the years including my 355 but I’ve never tried to stop an auction for one. I know even eBay motors has a ton of different rules from eBay. I suppose they let them do it because of the whole non binding thing on vehicles.

6. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
  7. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    So, Ken - ebay shows "Sold at $36,700" - is the winner paying up and closing the deal?

8. 0.0.1.99

0.0.1.99 Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2012
    Carolinas
    Full Name:
    Ken
    No problems so far. I expect it to close on Wednesday.

9. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
  10. 0.0.1.99

0.0.1.99 Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2012
    Carolinas
    Full Name:
    Ken
    It's the the dual power sport seats that earn it the extra $10k.

11. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    And the black contrasting stitching :D Nice to have facts about a $100K car you are trying to sell (for well over a year)

I think it was up to $115K and down to $85

12. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I could have bought that when.......:(

13. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    $85K not $85, John ;)

14. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Why don't we all go up $10k+ more and proactively raise the market on nice cars. Lots of junk, decent salvage cars and high milers selling, but us nice car guys are asked to give them away. Most of us all own one and are enthusiast, willing to drop money on "scheduled services" but not price accordingly.

Over produced 930/911 Turbo's with judicious mileage claims are kicking our ass in values. I have owned plenty of 930/911's but the driving sounds, handling and overall feel is not as good as my 355. I think they might have that better German Teutonic aging, but not the driving experience.

I will be the first:

1996 GTS Ross/Tan Gated 33k Miles, all service done in 2016, 3k Miles ago, heads, complete exhaust, Spare Brembo Brake set, no lights, no issues. New +1 Mich tires plus low mileage OE Pirelli's. some wheel paint issue - drive it and enjoy it, so have not restored. Oil service up to date, due again in March/April. Climate garage. $99k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yassa and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  15. Raiden

Raiden Karting

Mar 13, 2015
    I agree with carnut,
    helped sell a 930 slant nose that belonged to my father to an Fchat member for a hair under 300k. It was a really nice, all original car with 10k miles. How the P-cars have gone so crazy is beyond me. I drove that car a little here and there, and it was cool once the boost kicked in. I think my 355 is the better car for less than 1/3 the price.

16. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Market for 430, 360, 355, 348, 328, 308 etc has softened considerably! Have a good friend just purchased a 430 spider for +30% less than the cars were selling a year ago.
    Have advertised my 355 spider, black/black, fully serviced 2 months ago, 36k miles, excellent driver. Cannot get offers or even enough interest to look at the Ferrari! Also tough when out of 20 355s for sale, 15 are under 25k miles.
    Purchased my new to me 360 spider for 40% less than the dealer originally asked for the car. Not a good market for sellers. Great market for buyers!
    Regarding Porsche. Owned a '67 911S, '68 911E, '75 Euro 930, '79 930 and a '85 930S Flachbau. Bought and sold cheap when they were just used German cars!

17. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    John, I generally agree except we saw 2 95's GTB's sell in the last 1-2 weeks. The first was Robb's and the other is the CDF one CNC sold.

18. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Agreed Dave. Exceptional models are selling. Robb's appeared to be a top shelf example. Early GTBs are valued to prospective buyers.
    Similar to the premium now commanded by stick 360s and 430s.
    Buyers determine market.

19. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I agree that it is a slow market for Ferrari's currently. My car had most items in great shape with all maintenance up to date except it is due for a belt change sometime soon. Yellow is also not a color for every buyer although to see it in person is a good eye opener. I tried to price the car realistically (for the current market) so that it would find an enthusiast owner and not take forever to sell. It needed the front bumper / nose re-sprayed for rock chips so I was a little flexible on price. I was hoping for a win / win scenario and got one. Listed for 82.5. Sold for 78. I was happy in this market. Would have sold for 10k plus more - a year and a half ago.

The good news is that after listing it on Ferrarichat for one week, I also added it on eBay, Hemings, and cars.com.

The one person that contacted me saw it on eBay and he bought the car 1 day later. Wired funds the next day.

So for getting the message out on cars, I absolutely like eBay.

The cdf car at CNC was priced around 75k after Cam contacted me to see what my Berlinetta sold for. I'm sure it sold very close to that. There were several f-chatters that contacted me about the car so I knew it would go quickly. I sent them on to Daverocks also for more info he had.

So I generally think 355 that will sell are in that mid to high 70's range for Berlinettas. I still see spiders selling around 55k.

Robb

20. ferrari bud

ferrari bud Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Chris
  21. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    That seller wants a $50,000 premium for the color white.

Robb

22. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Oh Budd, do it. You know you want to.

Robb likes this.
  23. Robbe

Robbe Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2013
    The Netherlands
    50.000 extra for plain white? Wonder what pearl white brings in that case...

Robb likes this.
  24. ferrari bud

ferrari bud Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Assuming fully sorted like yours!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Robb likes this.
  25. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    Why so much hate on the F1 cars. Every 355 has a proper 6 speed installed. Haha