F355 Market | Page 121 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fuoss484

Fuoss484 Rookie

Sep 11, 2015
    Tyrone PA
  2. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
  3. mshobe

mshobe Karting

Mar 28, 2015
    Seattle-ish
    Wow. I've never seen a reseller-listed Fiorano for less than mid-$100K, so I'm not surprised. BaT is great fun to watch, but it's not exactly artificially inflating 355 values at the moment.

Another one just fell from the tree: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1996-ferrari-f355-6/

Old tires, due for major, "new OEM headers", Tubi test pipes & exhaust, 6 spd. See from the service records it's been in my neighborhood in the past.

4. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    That's one of our member's car.

5. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
    That's my old 1996 355......hope she does well

6. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    So do you know if the valve guides were done? People on bat want to know.

7. hammergb

hammergb Rookie

Sep 2, 2017
    Westminster, MD
    if the ad doesnt mention it being done are they really asking a question or are they pointing something out

Sent from my SM-G930V

Yassa likes this.
  8. brian0473

brian0473 Karting

Mar 14, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    That’s my car. I do not have any records indicating the valve guides were done. I certainly welcome inspections as the car is super clean.

phrogs likes this.
  9. hammergb

hammergb Rookie

Sep 2, 2017
    Westminster, MD
    you said so in your replies there. you are doing a good job - good luck with your sale. I think bat commentary can be...how do you say in english, predictable

Sent from my SM-G930V

10. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
    Under my ownership - only had new OEM headers installed and the OEM radio unit. Pretty 355 thats for sure.

phrogs likes this.
  11. mshobe

mshobe Karting

Mar 28, 2015
    Seattle-ish
    @brian0473 - Really interested to hear about your overall selling experience there once the auction closes. A little "behind-the-scenes" retrospective would be awesome to hear. I may sell something via BaT someday (not my 355 anytime soon, anyway). And to echo @hammergb you are doing a very good job repping as the seller in there now.

hammergb likes this.
  12. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
    BaT - is the best venue for selling nowadays IMO - if you can agree to a reserve with the BaT staff

mshobe likes this.
  13. hammergb

hammergb Rookie

Sep 2, 2017
    Westminster, MD
    is consignment a venue? or is venue auction type only

Sent from my SM-G930V

14. brian0473

brian0473 Karting

Mar 14, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Thanks for the encouragement guys. I knew going into it that the natives on BAT can get pretty restless at times so I put on my thick skin suit before submitting the car. So far the experience has been positive. I'll report back once it's all said and done. I have a Porsche I may throw out there as well if all goes well with the 355.

mshobe likes this.
  15. Yassa

Yassa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Dr Yassa Hughes
  16. brian0473

brian0473 Karting

Mar 14, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Circling back as promised. I would have to say that the whole experience for me selling the car on BAT was really cool. I felt pretty confident I would hit my reserve and feel like the car hit right at the right price. Keep in mind the buyer paid his buyer premium as well. I think the actual transaction experience comes down to the people involved. So far so good with mine. I know some of you chimed in and helped provide some insight into the car - so thank you. Now what to buy next??

17. mshobe

mshobe Karting

Mar 28, 2015
    Seattle-ish
    I assume you need to update your "Current Stable" status. :)

Thanks for this – judging by the commentary it was a well-behaved peanut gallery overall, but I have seen at least one other 355 owner grumble in there about the number of ankle-biter comments from non-bidders. It's not impolite to ask about things like valve guides on a '95, for example – but I guess it's all in how you do the asking there.

There can be really good moments, too – a nice little bidding war erupted over this Blu Sera Monospecchio TR today, and it was truly thrilling to watch in real time. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1986-ferrari-testarossa-6/

Shamelessly, I also say this was good news for blue Ferrari lovers everywhere.

18. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Congrats on the sale. So the indicated market comp would be +10k for the engine out service that’s due. 83k+buyers fee ?

19. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Honestly from what I’ve seen and experienced myself I doubt a major adds 10k to the price.

20. Yassa

Yassa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Dr Yassa Hughes
    I guess that all depends on when the last major was done and miles driven since... Also most majors turn into "while you're in there" and "might aswell upgrade this and that which I've been meaning to do" kinda deal. I agree though 10k is a lot. I paid 7k for mine including a new clutch and a light weight lithium battery.

21. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    I’m currently doing this work with a new clutch and the parts alone are 9k. Granted a good bit is, “while your in there” stuff, but at 20 years old, there are plenty of things to address.. One man’s engine out service is not necessarily another man’s engine out service.

MAD828 likes this.
  22. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    Again, congrats on the sale. Some buyers want the major done beforehand, others prefer controlling exactly what is done at the shop. I'd fall into the second camp rather than taking someone's word for it. Thanks for providing a seller's experience on BaT. I've enjoyed watching cars go across the block and generally see that crowd as fairly knowledgeable and helpful. I've learned a lot from the commentary about cars that I only have a vague interest in.

23. Yassa

Yassa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Dr Yassa Hughes
    Ya I forgot to mention I had mine done in Canada since my car was there at time but the total I quoted was in USD since I was in the US...So it worked out to my advantage.

24. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ebay asking prices seem to be up a bunch - i think we will see clean, low mile, well serviced 95s hit 150k during the next upside move.

Yassa likes this.