F355 Market | Page 124 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I agree it looks crema but the lighting can cause that. The photos are really too small to evaluate condition but assuming it's representative of the miles, no stories, etc - the car is a great deal at $77K

carnutdallas, Yassa and INTMD8 like this.
  2. ThomasK

ThomasK Karting

Dec 8, 2009
    Houston, TX
    i would agree 100%...just drive it and enjoy. I bought my 99 6spd with 18.5k miles in 2017, spent about 8 months fixing everything including a semi engine rebuild, etc etc, and i now have 21k miles. i bought it to drive and enjoy, not as a hopeful investment. thats what they are for. its a higher production number ferrari, just drive the doors off!

3. barada

barada Karting

Jul 12, 2007
    For someone who has been on the fence for 20 plus years I am hoping there are some F it guys selling in the next few months. Figure it is now or never.

4. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    Just out of curiosity, what is "high retail" in your world?

5. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
  6. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
  7. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    LOL!!! The carpets were too much for me. (wheels are an easier change than carpets)

sjd

8. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Fully sorted, services done, has no needs should start in the mid $80’s and go up as miles go down, as well as premium for 1995’s and GTS. A Car with needs and high miles should be in the 50’s and up, depending on condition. Turds - collision, rough, rigged up, salvage etc, etc may be in the high $30’s or mid $40’s.

Dealers want to buy nice cars in the $50’s and ask $80’s plus. Guys are selling their cars too cheap. But life, needs and wants may be a factor. My hope is to see $150’s like 911 Turbo’s, but the service scare tactics are hard to overcome. Maybe at 30 years old we may see a jump, maybe not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Forza's guide just released. IIRC, they list $30-$50K. They are so clueless it's not even funny.

Challenge likes this.
  10. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Here in Dallas, we have the Sewell Dealerships and Carl Sewell is an icon. My shop is in the Park cities and we have plenty of well healed and connected clients. One of my clients is an old Cadillac Collector and he pulled up to the DCC in his 1941 Cadillac and went in where he ran into Mr. Sewell. The story goes, as told by my client, “Hey Carl, you need to come see the 41’ to which Carl replied, I am only interested in new cars and new car sales. The old cars are dead and have no consumer or my interest, good day.” Probably a ton of hyperbole by my client, but so apropos as to Ferrari sales and the gotta have it new car crowd, or the factory sponsored Mag. We don’t care about the lineage or the history, it is about today and what we have in technology and what we can get people to buy and pay for.

Our car - the F355 is the pinnacle of old Ferrari way and the dawn of a new era. It is truly gorgeous and not a geometric wind tunnel experiment. It sounds better than almost any Ferrari ever made. It is pretty damn reliable and while it has it challenges, I have never enjoyed a car more, accept for maybe my e39 M5 and my fully electric 2015 Kia Soul EV+

Forza just has no interest in propping the market or understanding the true value of a classic that is really superior the 911 Turbo for comfort and driving. That is purely subjective but I am pretty sure I know what I am talking about

11. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    damn...what'd they say about 348's then?

sjd

12. krazykarguy

krazykarguy Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    '97 355 Spider rossa/beige 'fully sorted and repainted/restored' gated car with undisclosed miles listed in the FChat classifieds for $91k...

...I'd be curious what the final selling price is, I don't think $91k is realistic.

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  13. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Forza October 2018 (yet I have in now LOL)

348 TB and GTB: $25-40K
    348 TS and GTS: $25-45K
    348 Spider $35-50K

355 GTB: $30-50K
    355 GTS: $35-50K
    355 Spider: $40-60K

I would love to know who puts this baloney together.

steved033 likes this.
  14. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    That is hilarious that it is the October issue. How is print media staying alive!?!?

$90k was ask on a TDF Gated Spider here in Dallas as well. Has full factory Carbon package in interior. Cool car. Well used and edgy, but that interior is crazy cool.

15. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Michael Sheehan apparently. This "expert" let's us know that 355 values have not budged an inch--up or down--in the last 5 years. What a tool.

I understand if he wants to concentrate on the big-money collectibles exclusively. FORZA should either remove his pricing guides for regular Fcars from the Montezemolo era entirely or hand the task of tracking values to someone who cares.

wiley355, Rossocorsa1 and Dave rocks like this.
  16. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Agreed. He has some interesting views on many things. Some think he walks on water.

17. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    Well, you and I have similar tastes (LOVE the '95 GTS) but I think you may not be objective about the market given your vested interest. We may be talking about two different groups of buyers. A collector/investor might pay a premium for that car, but people that want a driver may not view the premium as worth the price of admission.
    For a driver, lower mileage isn't as important because they want the car for diving purposes. All things being equal lower mileage is generally viewed as more desirable.
    I wish I could find a decent 355GTS for $50k but that seems ridiculously optimistic. I haven't seen a lot of cars "in-between" $80k and $110k, and I think $80s is the ceiling for a driver (right now) even with highly desirable options. Nobody seems to be able to explain the Porsche pricing to me. But, when we cross the 30 year mark I would expect a bump in pricing as the export markets open.

carnutdallas likes this.
  18. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I would own a 100k mile 355 in a heartbeat if it had been properly serviced in the last 5-7 years, hell maybe 10-15 years. I would drive it all the time without a care. I would want headers, exhaust and known improvements updates done - rad’s, fans, etc, etc.

I had a chance at a 100k mile Testarossa with a mile high stack of receipts and daily driven. That to me is a car the kind of car to own and enjoy. I have BMW’s with over 200k on them and miles of receipts. No issues and reliable.

I want a 355 Berlinetta or GTS like that .

But my 34k better than driver Gated GTS should be a $90k car. Fully sorted and serviced. Do get intermittent slow down light, once every 1000 miles. Hell who knows!?! I will give it to Porsche for having very little of that $h1t.

But the smiles per miles are priceless.

GTUnit likes this.
  19. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    3k mile, 95 spider sells on BAT for $95k. WOW! Mileage rules!

Dave rocks likes this.
  20. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    What was the color combination?

21. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #3096 johnk..., Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018

Red/tan, black top. Other than low mileage nothing special. Dash leather pulling away from windshield, some other cosmetic issues.

22. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Got it. I neglected to see it was a spider.

23. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Oh, and 6 owners!!!!

Yassa likes this.
  24. baschul

baschul Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Brian S
    No, Spiders Rule!

25. chrisj951

chrisj951 Karting

Feb 18, 2015
    Metro Atlanta
    Now that I'm a 355 owner, I hope they skyrocket in value to about $500k in the next few years ;)

Rossocorsa1 likes this.