F355 Market | Page 129 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    I don't know who your post was directed at but:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

2. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    I have owned six Ferraris since I have lived in Las Vegas. Any women that would be into a Ferrari will most likely roll you and take your car. Personally, I did my best with a beater truck and a horse trailer .
    I know I just opened myself up to a bunch of comments with that statement.:D

Anyone want to buy my car before I put it on eBay???? Just kidding.

XENU out

phrogs likes this.
  3. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Say a guy whose last car purchase was a coupe :D it's time to come out of the closet, John ;) :p

taz355, carnutdallas and Jakuzzi like this.
  4. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Lmao, we gotta hang out!

Jon Von Bon likes this.
  5. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    No question.

6. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    And trust me Dave, every time I drive it I say to Jeanne, "I really like this car but the one problem is the top doesn't go down. I should have bought another Boaster." :(

7. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
  8. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Dang. I need to buy that trying to find the needs? I mean, just drive it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. f355930

f355930 Rookie

Mar 23, 2018
    In addition 4 manual spiders $49k carsdotcom and autotrader, some appear serviced with records. If the Gtb doesn’t sell for asking price and goes through auction it may bring $40k (maybe less) depending on what it needs. Right on the money $60k sorted.

10. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
  11. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Spiders cannot be compared to GTB's or GTS's. That car, sorted or not, right wrong or indifferent, will never be high value due to the perception of high milage.

I posted the link because the car is a great candidate for someone with the skills and desire for what may be a soft restoration. If I didn't own it's twin in pieces, I would likely go buy that car, after some due diligence.

But, to suggest any sorted 95 Red / Tan GTB will be $60k is just not accurate but perhaps I've misunderstood your post.

12. f355930

f355930 Rookie

Mar 23, 2018
    Worth a look for sure. Just can’t justify $80k for Gtb with service gappers or $110k for one sitting for 5-10 years.

13. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    That is certainly your right but that's also not the market. The supply of prom night virgins is depleted and many people appreciate and will pay market price for them.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  14. f355930

f355930 Rookie

Mar 23, 2018
    Tough call, like them both. 2-4 Gtb sold during last 11 months $60-70k drivers cars. Plenty prior year just here, Bat etc..

If I could convert this F1 to manual at reasonable cost may be worth a look. Pretty sure I can pick for $63-65k, 17k miles, clean.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/740393190/overview?aff=share_other

Not looking for perfect garage queen that sat for years that will very likely need major (diligent) service and the depreciation kinda takes the fun out of owning a $90-100k 355 that hits the $60-70k range with @25k miles, in my observation based on 10 cars I watched.

Value is relative to supply and demand and other things considered. Flippers want Gtb or for racing, spider just a better value for my time, unless price is right Gtb for me.

15. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    355 are very hard to compare value as almost all of them need something and that varies as does the condition.

I believe that F1 at FoW was a friends old car and it was the first F1 paddles we refinished by lasering UP
    / DOWN

That car sold last for in the $90's IIRC.

16. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Spiders get a bad rap. They are fugly with the top up from the side, But there is truely rare and exotic experience driving these bad boys.

I know I’ve said it before but the spider is a gem and I will never get rid of mine.

Buzzl and tatry68 like this.
  17. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Who drives a spider with the top up? Why pay $90-$100k for a steel box when for $70-$80k you can have this on a nice sunny day. Not to mention you don't need a Capristo stage 3 to hear the engine and how much easier it is to work on w/o the flying buttresses. Look at that line from the top of the front fender, along the door and as it continues along the rear quarter. And let us not for get that pre the 2012 pop Spiders were generally the higher priced car. In the long run, I expect they will be again. The spider is like a beautiful, thin, perfectly proportioned woman. The GTB? Big boobs, big butt, big deal! :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Buzzl likes this.
  18. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I will admit the spider is a great looking car. Fantastic drop top. 86 the electric top and sliding seats for manual configuration and it is a big winner. And easier to work on for sure. I will take $30k and someone’s spider in trade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Deadshort

Deadshort Rookie

Sep 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    t
    Funny....I actually like the way mine looks with the top up.....much better than the 360 or 430 spiders in my opinion.

tatry68 and BOKE like this.
  20. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    The 355, 360, and 430 spiders all have soft-top mechanisms that make my old 1967 Lincoln Continental's convertible top system seem elegant. It isn't a question of if the top will fail it is when. Too many spiders have top problems that the owners decided they aren't worth fixing to for some reason. Too bad Ferrari never did a topless 355 "Speedster".

21. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Value are based on facts, right, wrong or indifferent. Regardless of what some love, the fact is spiders (within the USA) are not as valuable as GTB's or GTS's. It doesn't make them bad cars.

22. Deadshort

Deadshort Rookie

Sep 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    t
    The market is made by buyers and sellers.....nothing else. In time this may change, right now there are many more spiders for sale than other variations. If all spider owners decided to keep and not sell the value would shoot up due to zero supply.

23. Deadshort

Deadshort Rookie

Sep 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    t
    Limited supply seems to create it's own increased demand also. Human's love anything they can't have.

Challenge likes this.
  24. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Why do you think so many spider owners are selling their cars????:p:p:p:p

Dave rocks likes this.
  25. Deadshort

Deadshort Rookie

Sep 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    t
    If I could run mine on a track it would not be for sale....