F355 Market | Page 135 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    #3351 Skippr1999, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    Most of these cars have had paint work due to cracks at base of sails and rock chips to bumper hood. IMHO it’s the miles and spider. the problem is there are so many cars out there that nobody drives which have much lower mileage. I laugh when people say miles don’t matter in Ferrari world.
    I’d keep it if you’ve already gone to the expense of sorting everything out. Wrong time of year to sell also. Unless you need the money for something other than another car, keep it. What other car out there is really going to give you enough of a better experience to justify taking a hit. Also the 25 -30 year mark is approaching and these great machines will have there day.

2. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Most/a good amount have had the front bumper repainted and maybe the hood and/or front fenders but not a full repaint. I do agree that it's a horrible time to sell a spider now. 30k miles is also not high in my book but for most of the market it is.

carnutdallas likes this.
  3. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    At that point, along with the sails, you have to blend into the sides and roof to make it match. You might as well just paint the thing.

4. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    I had the front end of mine repainted (panel painted). No blending on single stage

5. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I would rather have a repainted car bcause the paint would likely look better

6. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Drove the hell out of mine today. The $4200 clutch job was worth every penny. Never knew the car like it is now, Wow!! And I have had interest from people seeing my locked off market classified listing. I have said not selling unless it is full price ++. And after today, hard to even consider it. So sorted, so obnoxiously loud and glorious - not to me, but maybe others in traffic, LOL. Just hard to replace when sorted, reliable and pushing all the right buttons. They will have their day and I think I am waiting, if ever nothing sounds better than a 355 with exhaust, nothing!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Personally I consider the paint a wear item just like an alternator or timing belts. Who really cares if the factory sprayed the paint if it looks like crap?

michaelz, WATSON, taz355 and 2 others like this.
  8. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    As an owner of a Collision shop, if Braden has painted a car as a restorative effort, then it has added tremendous value in my opinion and to some extent I agree with you. Well cared for original paint is hard to beat from a value perspective. But a 20 plus year old car that is driven will suffer rock chips and bird droppings as well as possible wax and buffing abuse, so a complete repaint to an extremely high standard is a a value add. To say a bump in the parking lot or fender bender from a ladder or angry spouse is the facts of life and if the owner took the care to correct it, then why is that a huge deduction??

Yes, a museum piece mint original car should be a top value vehicle...BUT you can never really enjoy it and these cars are meant to be driven. If they have miles, but stacks of receipts, no issues of huge consequence and look amazing after a proper repaint, then it should still be considered an upgrade and indicative of years of proper enjoyment and just as valuable.

9. dvelez2

dvelez2 Karting

Jan 20, 2016
    Full Name:
    Daniel A. Velez
    Can you send me info? I’m considering upgrading from my 348.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    f355spider likes this.
  11. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Seeing red with a challenge grill, really makes me want a red one

One comment, I hate when they spray the entire engine bay with high gloss Armor All. ( you can have a very clean engine, without all that spray.)
    I suppose from a marketing standpoint, it works. Since usually the same people here will call a non shiny engine bay totally uncared-for and neglected which must mean the car is total junk.

Dave rocks likes this.
  12. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Front coil overs are definitely raised up. Sitting high for sure.

Missing panels is huge problem for me. Not knowing that they have to be in the pictures or even having non-original replacements, says they do not know the car.

Records sound good, low mileage is great. Car looks fantastic otherwise, but the little details tell a story we do not know....

13. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Actually, the ride height is pretty much the correct stock height. We are just too used to either cars lowered, or with sagging springs. I had damaged my under trays twice in a couple years time and after more repairs (Seattle roads suck), had the dealer raise my car to the correct factory ride height....that was about where it ended up. Front was over 2cm low, and rear was about 7mm low. Interestingly, when I had a major service performed a few years later, they found it had sagged in the front a bunch, and spun the collars to the max position to return it to the stock height again, warning me that was all there was left and if it continued to sag, new springs would be required.

If you don't believe me, pull out your owners manual sometime, and take a few measurements....you'll be surprised. I think all 355s take a set on the front springs of a couple cm all by themselves...some even more.

14. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Mine is stock and this is higher for certain.

f355spider likes this.
  15. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Interesting, I had mine set up both times by Ferrari of Seattle, and it was very close to how that one looks. Perhaps just a tick lower in the rear.

16. vracer

vracer Formula 3

Jun 23, 2014
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Richard
    I haven't been here for a while, but in reading the last three pages I'm surprised that no one has mentioned BAT, Bring a Trailer. They have been selling 355s like crazy. I haven't been memorizing the exact numbers, but it seems like 7 or 8 sold in the last couple of months with 'maybe' one that did not meet reserve.

Regarding a couple of people mentioning blue cars. If you like it, get it. When I got my Hyperion Blue, someone on this forum said it would be 'sale-proof'. I haven't tested that theory yet, but my car is the only one where people come up to me spontaneously and say, "Beautiful color". FWIW, I was looking for the best 'value' car I could get as long as it wasn't red, yellow, or black. (Sorry guys, I have friends with cars in all three colors, but for various reasons they aren't for me.)

17. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Being discussed on lots of other threads about BaT. Look at $111,000 355 title.

18. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    carnutdallas likes this.
  19. ricmat

ricmat Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    hammergb and drbob101 like this.
  20. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    Lot of BAT auctions. I wonder if there may be some overexposure for 355s there. I see dealers getting involved now to.

21. audemars

audemars Rookie

Aug 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    John G
    ricmat likes this.
  22. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    I saw that, seems a bit low ?
    Makes mine worthless with over 43,000 miles on it ;)

23. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    That is terrible! Blame the seller for that horse crap ;-)

24. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes. Looks like a pretty nice car!

25. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner