F355 Market | Page 276 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mclaudio

mclaudio Formula 3

Dec 13, 2003
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Claudio
    Personal opinion: if I couldn’t have a street-registered 355 Challenge, I’d consider a 997 GT3RS…or air-cooled 84 SCRS or 72 ST at much higher price points.

2. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
    whats the deal with the Murci? :)

3. Cicio

Cicio Karting

Apr 14, 2021
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Nathan Cicio
    Beautiful GT3!!

I have a turbo s

The C8 is only fun if it’s turbo, not bad on track after some mods also

Lambo never did it for me but a gated murci is pretty cool

Drove one 355 once, now I must have one, wrong time but oh well I’m on the hunt

4. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus

25 years later…. Is the F355 still the greatest car in the world… ever???

Yassa, mclaudio, bcar1 and 3 others like this.
  5. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    I like his logic.

mclaudio and JSinNOLA like this.
  6. Sancho22

Sancho22 Karting

Oct 24, 2018
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Szanka
    I also used to have a 996 GT3
    Now own a 2016 GT4 (just got back from Mod Ohio ) and own a 1995 355 Spyder freshly serviced
    Have to agree that it is hard to compare
    All have their merits - one issue I am starting to face is getting in and out of the F355 getting really hard
    But I can live with that

7. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    2002 manual transmission
    Blu Hera on Black/Crema I think its called
    22k miles
    Tubi exhaust and its tuned

I just had it serviced. Replacing one leaking shock on the front lift system and resealing the waterpump. Then probably going to do a respray of the front nose to fix to chips and fill in the old license plate frame holes.

I haven't decided if I want to keep it yet though. Seem to have people kicking down my door to buy it but the mid engined manual v12 with that much power is hard to replicate for less than $1m these days.

Oz-ATL likes this.
  8. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    I regret not buying a 997 Turbo S when I had the chance for a really good deal. That would've made an awesome long term daily.

Prices for everything are kind of bananas right now. I'm having a hard time letting go of anything because getting into the next thing just costs that much more anyway.

Inflation is definitely hitting hard IMO.

Yassa, Sancho22 and ShineKen like this.
  9. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    bcar1 and tres55 like this.
  10. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Nice catch :). I should read the description next time I think I see a unicorn.

Sancho22 likes this.
  11. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    #6888 Shark01, Jul 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
    Although when it came down to spending his own money, he bought a 550 and then added a Lamborghini Gallardo well after this video (although he sold the Gallardo later saying he bought a crappy one, and it sure looked run down).

He has several 355 videos going back 5 years so it is not a case where he just discovered it.

12. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I love these,"Best car ever" videos.

13. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Borrowed a buddy’s NA1 Miata to daily drive for a good few months. For me, one of worst cars ever :). Reliable as hell though. My NA Exige, which I shouldn’t have sold, does everything the Miata does 10x better with the same bare analog experience.

* I daily drove the Exige for a few years. I put about 100k mi on it… so yeah… I drove and drove, which seems to be the only point of that vid.

14. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    All interesting, waiting for more sales.:)

15. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    It wasn't about Miatas. If was about videos claiming this or that was the best ever.

16. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I get it, most of those as well as many articles are "journalists" just making up content for content sake to get paid. It snot based on any actual experience or research. The worst of them is the worst/best cars lists, I have seen some doozys.

17. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Yes, lots of “best car ever” vids out there. I didn’t see that claim in the Miata vid, but it’s all fun and games and always interesting to see what silly points Youtubers can use to make an argument.

That particular vid was simply a revisit to a bold claim Jeremy Clarkson (not some random Youtuber) made in 1995. In short, the argument was kept simple…. If you feel Ferrari is the best brand and you feel the 90’s built the best pure sports cars, then it’s possible the 355 might still be the best sports car in the world as ridiculous as that sounds :).

The fact he doesn’t own one shows an unbiased opinion … and that’s really all it is.. an opinion. My guess is he chose the 550 for more comfortability. He does look like a bigger dude.

He does seem to know of the little intricacies of the 355 and model differences, which to me shows he’s done his fair share of research. Most Youtubers just get in and drive and quote general Wikipedia stuff.

18. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus

This must be the other vid @Shark01 mentioned. Evora was new at the time. Some people just prefer newer cars due to the “oohs and aahs” you get just because it’s new.

Will the Evora have classic status? Best of era ? Only time will tell.

19. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    There were one or two other videos.....

I don’t see the Evora ever getting any collectible love....Exige maybe.

All this set of videos actually show is the value of click bait. I mean just a month ago this guy drove a Lamborghini Diablo 6.0, called it his dream car and said he got all misty eyed during the drive.....and no, I don’t believe that either......

20. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    My perspective of the vids... it's hard to get excited about a car and review it multiple times if it wasn't actually good. Exaggerate a bit for views? Sure. I'm sure his views on the Diablo is right along the lines of what the market sees. Good cars, out of production 20+ years ago, checking tons of nostalgic boxes... indicates value. If cars from that era are appreciating because enthusiasts are starting to appreciate cars from that era, it doesn't make sense for one of the best in class of that era to fall behind by huge margins.

21. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    What fell behind what?

He probably likes it....but not enough to put down hard cash.

22. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    If 355s fell below $100k while everything else from that era remained the same, that would be falling behind…

That is why a well-sorted manual 355 coupe falling back sub $100k in today’s environment doesn’t make much sense to me. Unless of course… everything else from that era falls significantly as well. It’s not difficult for owners to realize what they have once they connect all the dots.

23. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    Saw this today, obviously not representative of 355s or Ferraris but man all olboats seem to be lifted at this point. I've taken money on 2 cars past 3 months cus it just made too much sense. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk