F355 Market | Page 299 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    That car has been on and off market for about 3-4 months. Not sure what the deal is with it...I'm pretty sure that cage isn't OEM though? I've never seen the cross bar either so I assumed it was aftermarket.

I remember trying to find the ad on the actual dealer website to have a closer look at the cage and I couldn't find it on their site either.

2. Stand4x

Stand4x Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 9, 2012
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Here you go - I know these guys and they are good to do business with:

Car Dealership in West Chester PA | United States | UDrive Automobiles

3. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
  4. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Mine was factory…. The silver car is aftermarket or challenge based.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    If it is after-market, I need to know about it because it’s exactly what I need and I looked. I can say I pretty much know 99% of the after-market offerings for the 355 at this stage.

It could be challenge based. He would need to have grinded off the mounting points for the roll bar extensions. Smooth em out and re-cover with leather to OE precision.

If we can get the dealer to supply closer interior pics, that would be awesome. The square lower mounting point of the roll bar would be completely hidden under the carpet if ordered from Italy as OE. I presume this is the reason the roll bar was never offered as a part (has no part number) … only an option new from the factory.

If legit OE, this could be the only 355 in the world ordered this way. Props to the owner in 1998 who knew what he was doing :). Just when you’ve thought you’ve seen everything on a 355, some oddity appears 25 years later.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    That Rollbar in the red car you just posted looks definitely to be OE. My understand and research 3 years ago, were two US VIN cars spec’d through Dubai so they got what they wanted and still a US VIN. My car was ordered by a Spanish Businessman working in Dubai. Kept it one year and then sold to US by way of Ferrari of Denver going to Dubai and buying 5-6 cars. No idea on the Euro Market cars, but they could get a factory Rollbar and my guess is 50 or less with that option. I saw it in the parts guide, but no part number. Separate from the challenge builds and an upgraded safety option - yes debatable for street us, but super cool none-the less.

Pretty sure it was near the end of the run too as “Taylor Made” was just beginning and not called that yet. Doubtful any 95-97ish have the bar and other “upgrades.” Seems to be 98-99’s and will still have a few more years to import into states easily. Maybe some really cool specs will come in, over the coming years. Values could skyrocket??

ShineKen likes this.
  7. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    carnutdallas likes this.
  8. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Red car is definitely OE. New Zealand car out of all the places. Was just showing roll bar going into the carpet and no extra cross bar.

Yes. 98-99 cars seem to have the last of the cool options offered by Ferrari.

9. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  10. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Re roll bars in street cars, I personally would not do this. Roll bars should be used with harnesses and helmets, not three-point seat belts and bare skulls. Get t-boned in this car or have a rollover and your head smashes into a metal bar that is sitting only a couple of inches from your head. Not good.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Senshi458 likes this.
  11. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    So is riding a motorcycle without a helmet, or driving a street car that can zero to 60 in 2.3 seconds driven by soccer moms…or 150mph power boats. I said it above because I knew someone would say that…. Thanks for not disappointing.

I hate to be snarky and I somewhat apologize. Just tired of peoples opinions about my safety. We are doing a great job of banning everything in the name of safety. Can I at least keep the memory of the silly street car I owned with a factory installed Rollbar without safety commentary. I promise I did dumber stuff than drive that car!

Targatime likes this.
  12. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Oh, I wasn't singling you out. I am very libertarian about this stuff -- do what makes you happy. You're a grownup and you make your choices just like I do. Was just pointing it out in case people weren't aware.

carnutdallas likes this.
  13. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    It was never on their site even the first time it was posted a few months ago. I tried to get info on the car to possibly buy it but never heard back. Was via email though I didn't bother calling as I was certain the rollbar was aftermarket, and besides the seats that I already have in mine, the spec doesn't do much for me.

ShineKen likes this.
  14. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
  15. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    tres55, Pepsi10 and Yassa like this.
  16. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    ShineKen likes this.
  17. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus

Interesting. It seems this car has Fiorano Handling Pack although I don’t see drilled rotors. How much is this car again?

“De volgende fabrieksopties zijn aanwezig:
    INTC - Internal colors NERO 8500 (BLACK)
    EXTC - External colors ARGENTO NURBURGRING 101/C
    CRPT - Carpets colors NERO 152 (BLACK)
    GRD1 - REAR CHALLENGE GRID
    HDL1 - 'FIORANO' HANDLING PACKAGE
    RSL1 - LARGE RACING SEATS W/CONNOLLY NERO 8500 (BLACK)
    RUF1 - LEATHER HEADLINER NERO 8500 (BLACK)”

They must be quoting codes from a sticker they have. Would be nice to see a photo of the actual sticker. Notice the carbon sport seats are large?

tres55 likes this.
  18. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    $95k USD is a damn good price for this car.

carnutdallas likes this.
  19. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    MAD828, tres55 and OCKlasse like this.
  20. MyBackHurts

MyBackHurts Rookie

Aug 11, 2021
    This car is a dream. Just told my wife if its still around in Dec (and yes I know that's a pipe dream) and the finances are in line were driving to PA to pick it up.

She'd be mad if it wasn't so damn beautiful.

ShineKen and OCKlasse like this.
  21. kryten2001

kryten2001 Formula 3

Gee that's a stunner. Money is very high end, but these sorts of cars are drying up and you only get one go at life.

22. OCKlasse

OCKlasse Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brandon K
    Ones clean like this are a wise investment. I can see these fetching $4-500k this decade in that kind of condition.

23. kryten2001

kryten2001 Formula 3

Given I have one in similar condition (RHD variation), I hope you're right.

OCKlasse likes this.
  24. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    ShineKen likes this.
  25. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed