F355 Market | Page 381 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Put it on BaT and magically 4 more will appear starting with the 2nd one minutes after the first auction is over…

2. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    That is part of my concern and I despise the peanut gallery. I think I have the most original, well preserved car available in the USA. Classiche is zero problems. I just don't want anyone climbing around the car. I trust Norwoods and I have no Problem with Steve at Boardwalk. Huge respect for both. They deal in way more valuable vehicles, sort of :) It smells new. It is a testament to human error breaks cars, not the cars themselves. I am sure if one wanted to daily drive it, items would eventually need addressing. To be "as new" is super, super rare. I have a few items that I am torn on "do or not do." Super minor, but everyone has a$$hol$ so we all have opinions, as well. I am willing to wait for the "next leg up" into beyond Dino money - why not?? Would I sell now, more than likely if I get my ask. Does it go down in value? Highly doubt it when someone pays $315K for 18k miles. I have 3x less than that and all as Ferrari Built save for tires and oil brand. The plan is to buy my boat with this. I have a driver Spider, which I thoroughly enjoy. I would consider buying a high, high mileage 1997 GTB Gated to have the trifecta - Museum, Driver, Beater :)

ShineKen and JSinNOLA like this.
  3. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Get as much for it as humanly possible!

carnutdallas likes this.
  4. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
    ^ pretty car. 7th owner had it to 43,100 miles but what is the mileage on it now with the 8th owner? Maybe I missed it.

5. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Gentlemen. This is @Robb ’s car or ex-car. Anything you want to know, he’ll gladly divulge.

It would be a mistake to pass up on a blue F355 in U.S if that is what you’re after. Miles should matter less in an unobtanium spec.

carnutdallas, Oz-ATL and Wsmatau like this.
  6. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Yes, beautiful car and very well maintained. But begs the question why does a car that had over $18k in service in Jan/21 need another $5k in service 1 and 1/2 year (or one driving season) later? I know, I'm being cynical. :) But if I wanted a "B" this would be a hard one the pass over.

Wsmatau likes this.
  7. sgtpeper

sgtpeper Formula Junior

May 4, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Jeff
  8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  9. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Some stupid ass people out there. Someone said easier to find a clean f40 or f50 or 288 gto. What the hell is wrong with people?

10. MRF40@yahoo.com

[email protected] Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2006
    Planet Urf.
    Full Name:
    like whut? Ralph??
    I'd settle for a dirty F40

11. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    You know you want it.

13. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Wsmatau and carnutdallas like this.
  14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    [email protected] likes this.
  15. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky

Think the reserve is under $60k? :D

355dreamer likes this.
  16. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Car had a belt service 2 years before my purchase. So it did not need one during my ownership. Did everything else it could possibly need for $25k during my ownership.

I owned it for 18 months or so. I was told by Southebys that the new owner thought it was in need of belt change at 5 years so he had Miller motor cars do that during his time.

new owner should not need anything at all. Hope that clarifies. Im not aware of what bills were spent after it left me in AZ. Only thing it needed at next major were belts and faint oil leak taken care of. I’m sure the owner wanted it perfect. Don’t we all strive for that? :D

Robb

17. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    That was my point, Robb. You put $25k into it and then the new owner put $18k into it for a belt change and other stuff, and the next year it needed another $5k?

Not arguing about condition. Just seems like a lot. But knowing Miller Motors I'm not surprised. Would love to see their invoices. Maybe the $5k was for an annual service. I understand that oil prices have gone up a bit. :)

jimmym, Robb and Targatime like this.
  18. MyBackHurts

MyBackHurts Rookie

Aug 11, 2021
  19. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016

Thanks for looking out for me Ken. I was on this the second it was listed. Unfortunately, I started looking when 355s were sub six figures and should have pulled the trigger a couple years ago. I wonder why someone is flipping this one? I wouldn't think a $25-30k profit would be worthwhile unless it is a dealer.

20. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    This car went from CA to NC. The new owner pm’d me immediately after the purchase. Not a dealer. An enthusiast looking diligently just like everyone else.

I doubt anything is wrong with the car as it went through Eugenio’s. It seems barely any miles were put on.

I’m speculating the car will fetch between $225-250k, so it would be more profit than your estimate. The other reason I suspect is the lack of Ferrari service centers in NC, which I’ve mentioned here several times before. My car came from NC. I flew there to go get it. The selling dealer (sold Porches) gave me the run down of what was going on after the owner of a popular indy passed away in an unfortunate car accident. That’s the only reason my car was put up for sale as he was the primary care taker. My car is rock solid. The service records were rock solid.

Yes, you still have Foreign Cars Italia, but their invoices rival Miller Motor Cars. It’s good to have service options owning one of these.

carnutdallas likes this.
  21. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Miller wasn't always that bad. This was from my 308's 15k service, valve adjustment and fluids. Of course, it was 1989 and they did try to sell me a belt change that wasn't due, cam seals even though they weren't leaking, and ignition wires and extenders even though the car wasn't missing. Those cam seal lasted until 2010, the wires until 2008 and the extenders are still on the car. This is an example of how service costs can rise for people who don't know their cars and who can't say no. :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

jimmym and Targatime like this.
  22. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    What was the hourly rate?

23. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    $60/hr

ShineKen likes this.
  24. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Holy cow!!!! What a deal, back in the day.

These new bills are pretty steep. I don’t get Robb’s car getting serviced, serviced and serviced some more. I felt like it was perfect visually and mechanically.

I truly believe these cars are touched to much. I have been working on, servicing and repairing cars my entire life. Just about every failure is caused by poor workmanship from prior service or repair.

Had a Bentley come in the other day. I was going to fix the mirror scratch for free. Dealer wanted $2800 to paint the mirror! That is not inflation. That is ludicrous! The owner wants it painted and I am trying to advise him to not do it. But whatever you do, don’t spend $2800!!! I can buff 97% of it out. Car is 5 years old. No one will see the 3% we cannot completely remove. It is insanity.

I get where John is on values, cost to own and practicality. He is not wrong. But values are going up and I guess a new level cost, just like the F40 guys or how about McLarens - wow!

Hope everyone enjoyed Independence Day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmym likes this.