F355 Market | Page 433 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WillskiGT

WillskiGT Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 12, 2017
    This exists already in the UK, likely coming soon to the US.

https://themarket.bonhams.com/us/pricing

As for a $5k+ seller fee, you can just engage one of the traditional auction houses if you want to pay big buyer/seller fees.

The reason BaT was such a disruptor is the fees are fractions of what traditional auction houses charge. Now they have a critical mass in terms of audience and reach and it will be difficult to unseat. Look at how many two-bit BaT competitors there are (over a dozen by my count).

2. ChoonHound

ChoonHound Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2022
    Saint Michaels, MD
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    I’d rather pay more and know for sure what I’m getting (with out putting on pants, flying etc) than save on fees and pay for things I wasn’t expecting.

I don’t think BaTs big disruption was low fees, actually. I think it was the comments section and building a community. eBay’s had low fees since the 90s.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. EFerrari34

EFerrari34 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 19, 2021
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    As long as the reserve price isnt a big fight; I think its reasonable.

4. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    That's the easiest/cheapest "fix" on these cars ;)

5. ChoonHound

ChoonHound Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2022
    Saint Michaels, MD
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    The problem is, and I’ve said this a million times, bad mods are a indicator of poor ownership history. If you want to maximize your results of an exotic car at auction then return it to stock! Make it look like a fastidious old man owned it it’s whole life.

Julia and Targatime like this.
  6. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    IvanRico, ShineKen, Oz-ATL and 3 others like this.
  7. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    Sooooo nice! Definitely one of the nicer ones I've seen since prices popped.

8. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Too bad it's a Euro. I could use a twin of the opposite sex.

9. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    What's wrong with a Euro? You realize all of our cars are European...right? :D

Or is it that it's priced $140k too high?

10. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  11. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Just being sarcastic after some of the comments about Euros here. One 355 is enough for me.

Ferraris are like Italian women. Great on the first date but high maintenance over the long run.

12. MRF40@yahoo.com

[email protected] Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2006
    Planet Urf.
    Full Name:
    like whut? Ralph??
    John, there is absolutely no reason to be racist here. Given a large enough sample size, time, money, and footwear choices : I am sure you will see that the data show that women of every size, shape, creed, and ethnicity are endowed by their creator as high maintenance.

You were however spot on the value of this 355:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

tres55 likes this.
  13. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    IvanRico and Midnight Oil like this.
  14. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
  15. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    No reserve too.

16. OCKlasse

OCKlasse Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brandon K
    ShineKen and tres55 like this.
  17. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Perhaps the wheel is turned slightly to the left.

18. OCKlasse

OCKlasse Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brandon K
    I’m wondering if it’s just a poor alignment with caster? There is a close up of the wheel and it doesn’t look turned.

19. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I see nothing wrong with the wheel placement in the arch. The space in the fender well in front of the tire and behind it are not identical on my car either. And they're not identical on this car's RF wheel. I think this kind of casual and unfounded speculation about a car that's for sale is poor form.

20. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    bertrand328 likes this.
  21. OCKlasse

OCKlasse Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brandon K
    Unfounded? My car certainly doesn’t do that. It looks odd. Sure, could just be the caster. Caveat emptor.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

tres55 likes this.
  22. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Just an opinion but I feel that the euro B has a very high front ride height.

Also think, if looking at the front upper control arm inclination, the logical observation is the -lower- cars have more centering of wheels/tires.

Cars with ride height too high, (not exclusive to the above) the wheel/tire is farther forward....as one would expect if looking at control arm angle.

Also don't think the left/right comparison above means much. I think anyone could photograph -any- car with as much or more difference.

JMO

23. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    Its always been the same on here for years and years. Casual throw away comments that throw shade over cars they know absolutely nothing about. There have been comments made about cars that have eventually stuck with the reputation of said cars with absolutely no truth in it.

Targatime and carnutdallas like this.
  24. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    #10824 audi_328, Nov 26, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    It's a fine line, I think, and a subjective one.

Is every comment useful? No. But any number of times a comment has been made that does reveal something, or the potential for something, undisclosed about a car's past; differences in paint finish, painted vs unpainted shadow lines, panel gaps, identifying replacement bumpers, etc. And sometimes whatever looks "off" ends up being a result of lighting, photo angle, etc.

I've learned a lot here about things to look for by some of these comments; for visually evaluating a 355, there are some really keen eyes in this group.

ShineKen and Wsmatau like this.
  25. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I think a lot of these cars are 25 years old now and most will be by 2024. They are not new off the boat. And most people who own them when fairly new, bumped them. They were poorly painted by Ferrari. Most people’s only reaction to a scratch or ding is to paint it. That technology has come a long, long way since 1995. A virgin car is nearly, practically impossible…..

So now the cars need to be “reborn” to please this crowd. Patina, use, technology imperfections for repair, etc. render the car a mutant and not worthy of the Ferrari badge! Comedy! There is no doubt there is some talent that do a great job making a car new again many on here and no more. And by golly, the chap that could not afford it in 1995-1999 now can and he wants his perfect virgin or else! In my opinion, silly! These cars have history and a story. Most were not tracked and were driven to d’clubs. Most people complained about ownership cost who bought them new. In the mid 2000’s we have a thread where these things weren’t worth owning at $35k!!!!! It is hilarious!

Most of us on here own one or two, or dare I say maybe three!?! We are our own worst enemy for brand and model ambassadors at times. People come on here to learn and dream. Maybe even decide to buy? Nothing wrong with sharing opinion and ideas, nothing! But beating up every car, finding every flaw, and saying it is not worthy, seems ludicrous!? I say buy the best you can afford, enjoy and be prepared to spend money to make it you own. Stop being cheap bastards. Most of these cars won’t be driven 1000 miles a year. Hell a 348 brethren drove his car over 100k miles with no belt service and because it “popped” he is the moron - well take the plank out of your own eye! He has thousands of smile miles and could care less the cost!!! He owns it. These cars are not the best built car in the world. Mainly hand built in our period and prior. So they can be different from chassis number to chassis number. We all know this. I have owned 9 and no two have been the same.

I feel better now. Thanks. All the best and cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lanab, fullmonty, mclaudio and 5 others like this.