F355 Market | Page 92 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I have not found that to eb the case, many other factors are considered for myself most upon my own inspection.

Some of which start with how it was stored. Also Keep in mind many of these cars were bought all most two decades ago by people who have many cars and not a lot of time to drive.

Just my 2c

2. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I am no expert for sure not on these cars it's just my experience with any car that is not driven much tends to have issues.

Glad that hasn't been an issue for you and Dave.

3. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Exactly, Grant. The prior owner of my car had it 12 years and only drove it 3k miles. Car was never taken out in the rail and properly stored when not in use.

4. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Yes. 11k when I bought my 95, only 13,600 now but zero problems.

5. HeloSixx

HeloSixx Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 15, 2007
    Amelia Island FL
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Exhaust manifolds was a good chunk of that. Please full belt service and rollers and ... and... you all know the drill 😊

6. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

7. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Keeps getting more expensive every time.
    Eventually someone with no knowledge well come around and buy it... poor fool

The other one from around the same time I am still curious about the outcome was "Krome's" car.

The dark red one from Miami stored outside, the seller had a "broken foot" but bragged about relocating the gas tank to the front, cutting the cross member to do a engine in belt service. Horrible English, all caps in posts

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

8. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    So I forget the story on that car. Can someone provide a refresher? I'm sure other people may not know also.

9. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    owner is the issue

10. Horsechat

Horsechat Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Kurt
  11. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Really nice car, wonder what the sales price was?

12. Shopcat

Shopcat Karting

Nov 14, 2015
    NLA
  13. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Needs some love but you don't see blue come around often:

95 GTB

1995 Ferrari 355

14. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    Was listed three times in October of 2013 and no sale each time on eBay. Buy it now back then was $49k. Buy it buy is $72k. This guy is a private collector. I don't think in needs a lot of love but it has not been driven much. Needs major and stickies at least.

15. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Yep, stickies, broken trim, leather poor, engine bay less than stellar. And that's what can be seen from the photos.

Yes, it needs some love :)

16. maxvdh

maxvdh Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 25, 2012
    MA
    Full Name:
    Max von der Heydt
    Love the color! I'd have bought it if it were available back when I got my 355. Interior out and off to you right off the bat.

17. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Was there any mention of the common issues like valve guides, headers and cats? Don't believe I saw that anywhere. I think that car needs at least 10-20k put into it to make it sorted.

18. maxvdh

maxvdh Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 25, 2012
    MA
    Full Name:
    Max von der Heydt
    You're probably right but in my mind that's more or less priced in. It looks like the auction has ended so if there's a new owner hopefully they'll introduce themselves.

19. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Car sold for 72k last night, eBay notified me as I was watching it. It's definitely priced in, yes.

20. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    And yes, it actually sold. A good friend of one of my good friend's here bought it :)

21. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    My 308 was the same blue, hope to see more of it here!

22. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    The Blue Chiaro '95 was a good pick up. Needs a little TLC but nothing that couldn't be handled at home. Gorgeous colour too.

23. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I was lined up to buy this Blue Chiaro car 3+ years ago. Great owner and collector. He has a Dino in matching color combo and other vintage F-cars. Unfortunately, soon after he had a change of heart because he drove it a little more and realized how fun the car is and the noises they make - so he decided to hold onto it. So with that off the table, and another blue car falling into the same situation (an owner having second thoughts on selling) - I moved on and found my yellow '95 berlinetta.

The collector decided to sell the Blue Chiaro car again a year or two later and gave me a call, because he needed space for other additions in his garage. But we had just purchased the F355 challenge car and so it was bad timing again.

I'm sure I will find a blue F355 at some point or take the yellow car for a bare metal re-spray since it has been so well fine-tuned - It would be hard to buy an unknown car and start the process over just to have an original paint car. Nice but not essential.

I look forward to seeing the blue chiaro car restored. Congrats to the buyer with good timing. :)

Robb

24. CTE55AMG

CTE55AMG Karting

Jul 19, 2010
    Stratford, CT
    Same here, I should have pulled the trigger at $45k back then when it was offered to me. I contacted him just a few months ago and we met and took it out for a ride. Car drove really nice. It did need a lot of cosmetic work, a few dings and scuffs on the body and roof, the engine bay was really rough cosmetically and the leather interior was bad, especially on the airbag. The sand leather shows a lot of patina. No real service records either given its privately maintained. $72k seems all the money for this example, but the color is rare.

25. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    $72k does sound like the higher end of the spectrum for such an example, but if you're really looking for a blue 355 there's not many options and it seems as if it was enthusiast owned...which means it was likely enjoyed and maintained mechanically before all else.

Not everyone cares about a little patina...I know I sure don't. :) I'd rather have little knicks and scuffs all over and the drivetrain 100% versus the other way around.