F355 Market | Page 95 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    F1 and the blue interior certainly impact value negatively. I will curious to see what the beautiful 1995 Rosso Barchetta Berlinetta in the FChat ads section brings. Beautiful car in need of major service should provide a good yardstick on early spring values. Rosso Barchetta is one of the best colors on the F355 it is just stunning in person.

2. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Yikes that's a lot of blue. The outside is gorgeous, not loving the blue inside.

3. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    FWIW, F1's have brought many of the highest sales values despite what some wish to believe..

:)

4. ricmat

ricmat Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Ricardo

Agreed. Very curious to see as well, as the car looks great - but valve guides are not sorted, manifolds are original and needs major.. all in all would say needs further $20k worth of works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. awtiger

awtiger Rookie

Jan 27, 2008
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrew Walling
    Hello, I'm the one with the '95 355B in Rosso Barchetta for sale, thanks for the kind words. Just wanted to say that I think it will also be interesting to see what the '96 355 GTB currently on eBay goes for. It has 27k and needs a major and unclear whether the valve guides have been done and current bid is above $70k.

Also, as far as I know, a major plus valve guides and new headers shouldn't cost $20k unless you are getting ripped off. Major ($7k) plus valve guides ($3-4k if done when doing the major) plus headers ($4k at most), should be less than $15k. Headers can also be replaced without doing a major and in some 355s last for well over 30k miles, so not necessarily something that needs to be addressed right away.

6. schnazzy

schnazzy Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Seattle
    A 1999 Red/Tan GTS F1 with 40k miles and more than halfway to another major sold for 99k at BJ last month (I think it was 90k plus 10% commission). I saw that car in person and it was well looked after with some paint imperfections from poor rock chip repair but otherwise it was good.

I saw that blue/blue go for sale. Looked like a nice car. The Blue interior was probably the biggest hit to the value. I would have had the whole interior done in cream, screw resale!

Dealers are paying 45k-55k (with 55k being on trades) for these cars. They are selling on the market (for a good color combo) from seemingly 75k-90k. Cars with books, correct maintenance, tools, etc. are getting a premium. ( Dave Rocks car sold quick probably in part to his community rep but also to the quality of the car (color combo, 6speed, stickies fixed, manifold, maintenance and the cover/books/tools). The Barchetta one for sale right now looks nice with only the maintenance and manifolds to potentially do. It's also a fairly rare color so it has that going for it too.

GLWS awtiger

7. ricmat

ricmat Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Ricardo

Interesting! Agreed

That one is 2nd or 3rd time on eBay. Last time was taken out, but resurfaced again now. With eBay you never really know - but curious as well

8. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.

Well as the seller of this 355 let me tell you the story in a nutshell.

Put up my gated 2004 360 Modena ( probably the best one in the country ) and the above 355 for sale on eBay at the same time, sold the 360 immediately and then had cold feet about selling both gated F-Cars in the same week so I pulled the 355 off eBay. Now the dust has settled and I am ready to move on.

Having a Stradale is sufficient for my Ferrari itch.

9. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    #2359 phrogs, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    First its ebay, links are dead in 6 months. Try to get a screen shot of the info.

Second its no woder it didnt break 65k
    Id plan on it needing everything.
    How can people expect to sell a car for a premium with this kind of vague ass description?

Thats (If) it actual sold on ebay motors.

Its no wonder it didnt sell for much but thank christ he describe that bad ass radio.

These screen shots are straight from the ebay add.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    You estimate on valve guide work is extremely low.

11. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    LOL. Honest car that sold for honest money. Anyone seriously interested in the car obviously would have contacted the seller for more info before bidding. The point is that not every car is a $150k car.

12. jgriff

jgriff Formula 3

Jun 16, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I agree. It's missing BOTH engine shields. Not that they are expensive to replace... but what kind of person leaves their car like that? Not one I'd want to buy from. Also, it's got a cheesy aftermarket stereo, it's an F1, weird interior color, is that GTS top stock?

13. judd10

judd10 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 30, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Actually, the GTS top looks like it might be a carbon fiber version, which would make it one of the most desirable things on the car!

14. jgriff

jgriff Formula 3

Jun 16, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Wow, I didn't know there was a carbon fiber version from the factory.

15. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
  16. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila
    I saw this nice '97 355GTS last year.. it's still for sale. I have my own opinion on the current market.. hmmm...

Several local cars have been listed for several years, some with substantial price drops but still no takers.. there's a number that I'd certainly jump on this car :) assuming PPI doesn't turn up anything unusual. $97,5K CAD = ~$74K USD

1997 Ferrari F355 GTS - Maple $97,500 | autoTRADER.ca

Question, since this car has never been imported to the US does that means the new owner would have to pay the gas guzzler tax upon entry?

17. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
  18. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    And it's a no sale at $71k.

19. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
    Markets dead , just a bunch of bottom feeders.

20. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Why not counter the 71k offer that's a strong offer

21. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #2371 johnk..., Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    Perhaps not dead, just returning to reality. $71 is still a lot better than what the car would have reached 4 or 5 years ago given the same condition. Say $55k in 2013. $71 would be 7% a year. Not bad for a 30k mile car with a 5 year old major. Just another reality check.

22. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    its still a strong sellers market as stated look at what they were selling in 2013 71k was a strong offer

23. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Reality usually checks in during Spring/Summer after tax returns :)

24. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
    Sent out a second chance offer via Ebay to the highest bidder but he has not accepted.

She's yours if you want her, send me a PM :)

Markets dead IMO.

25. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    No question the market has softened across the board. But, it's still up from several years ago. $70k was the pristine, recent service number 4 years ago. So, while down a bit today, I know I could sell my car for much more today than I paid 4 years ago.