F355 Radio install | FerrariChat

F355 Radio install

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by felix66, Mar 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. felix66

felix66 Karting

Feb 21, 2004
    London
    Hi all

I am looking for some help in locating a couple of wires to install a new head unit.

I can't seem to locate a wire that has power on it whent he lights are on (looking for one near the radio aperture - is there one in the instrument cluster cable??)

also - my factory installed Sony (Ferrari badge) has power supplied to botht he perm 12v wire and the ACC wire constantly - I don't want to flatten the battery by leaving the radio on so can anyone tell me what i should be looking for as a feed for the ACC wire?

thanks in advance

Felix

2. 355f

355f Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003

3. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Talking of amp placement, i have one behind each seat against the bulk head and there a pair of Pheonix gold 600s, they fit nicely without fouling the seats.On the rear shelf a custum made sub box with a pair of 8in JBLs that work in tight spaces (cost 160 quid each but worth it), in the doors a pair of 6in Alpine mids and 4 tweeters running through 4 Alpine cross overs,and seperate faders. Controlled by a kenwood head set with remote.Power for the head set is from the passenger footwell fuse box and the Amps run from the positive feed terminal (fused) in the engine bay.The whole system runs through Pheonix gold fuse distribution boxes. Sorted! sounds F***ing AWSOME!!

4. felix66

felix66 Karting

Feb 21, 2004
    London
    Thanks guys - useful stuff.

Do you know the colour of the wire that provides the illumination feed to the instruments above the radio?

Thanks