F355 Spider 1998/9 as 1st Ferrari? | FerrariChat

F355 Spider 1998/9 as 1st Ferrari?

Discussion in '348/355' started by scmguru, May 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scmguru

scmguru Guest

May 24, 2004
    I found a nice lower mileage car w/ a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty.. is this a good choice as a 1st Ferrari?

Anything in particular that I should watch out for?

Regards,

michael

2. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    Great choice IMHO. There are tons of threads on what to look for on the 355, so have a search through. As a summary: manifolds, valve guides, CATs (and CAT ECUs), F1 clutch, check when belts were done etc etc.

If it really low mileage, then find out how has it been stored all this time. If you start driving it properly, it might open up the costs slight. Make sure it has all annual services even though it has not been driven, and at least two belt changes for a 6 year old car.

Loads of stuff to look for, make sure you get a professional inspection and take along a friend who knows..

Becareful about some of these warranties, as they are not worth the paper they are written on. soooooo many exclusions its not funny. Out of £8,000 worth of work over the last year, I've only managed to claim back £1,000 on my warranties - but of course they are all different and depends where you buy from.

Ade

3. scmguru

scmguru Guest

May 24, 2004
    Ade,

Thanks for the tips.. The warranty is from FNA, not sure what it covers but I'll look into it.

Regards,

Michael