F355 Spider - Seat Problem! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

F355 Spider - Seat Problem!

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Dem, Jun 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pepsi10

Pepsi10 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2008
    InlandNorthWest
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    Question, about driver’s side seat, it does not move when putting down the roof.
    Some history, my roof has always worked okay. I have to push up on one of the bars during the process (but I will replace the elastic this week, and maybe that minor inconvenience will be solved). Both seats work fine with the switches. However, when I put down the top, the passenger seat moves forward, the driver’s seat does not (likewise at the end of the sequence, the pass seat moves back where it was, the driver’s seat just sits where I left it). So usually I move the driver’s seat forward with the switch. Most of what I read here would say that it is a problem with the pots? But that doesn’t really make sense either, because if the pot was bad, and not giving the system the correct answer about its’ location, wouldn’t the roof not operate?* Any thoughts would be appreciated. As usual with this car, I am pretty happy my problems are minor, but still good to try and fix stuff, even if not critical.

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Strange. Can you measure the resistance of the potentiometer with the seat in various positions? If the roof controller thinks the seat is always in the fully forward position, I can understand system allowing roof operation. However, I thought the potentiometer was also required for manual operation... or at least some aspects of it.... I recall some folks saying that you can move the seat by disconnecting the potentiometer completely.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Pepsi10

Pepsi10 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2008
    InlandNorthWest
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    Thank you, much appreciated. I will try.