F355 Suspension Malfunction Warning Light | FerrariChat

F355 Suspension Malfunction Warning Light

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Syd Reames, Aug 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Syd Reames

Syd Reames Rookie

Aug 21, 2004
    hi- i am new to ferrarichat.com and was wondering if anyone has had the warining light come on for the suspension malfunction. i have a 99 F355. it usually sits in the garage and i take her out about once a week to blow the dust off of her. when i started her up today, that light came on and stayed on. has any one out there in Ferrari land had this happen to them? what do you think it might be? is this a high dollar repair? many thanks for your time. regards, syd

2. delaney

delaney Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    St Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    PETER DELANEY
    Could be one of the actuators ... the little red 'things' sitting on top of each suspension unit.

These go through a test routine each time you turn the ignition on. If the routine fails .... suspension light goes on.

You can test each one yourself .. start with the back ones .. easier.

a)Take it off ... simple clip at the base loosens it... but leave it electrically connected.

b) Turn it over and look at the piece that faces the suspension unit .. small cogs.

c) Have someone turn the ignition on ....

d) The cog should turn all the way to the left .. then all the way to the right if it's functioning correclty.

These are ~ $700 each from Ferrari .... but ~ $200 used.

Regards,

Pete