F40 and TR what sweet music together | FerrariChat

F40 and TR what sweet music together

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by redtrman, Mar 8, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. redtrman

redtrman Formula 3
    BANNED

May 16, 2008
    VA - Heart in Pitt
    Full Name:
    Jason Bourne
    #1 redtrman, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
    The weather was fantastic today 70+ so I took the TR out and had one of my 10 yr old sons with me. We head out of the driveway at a slow speed, but the neighbors still stop, turn around, and wave. We get out on the main road and my son says "daddy can we now go over 100mph". I tell him that this classic beauty needs to warm up before we get on her and show him the oil temp gauge and where it needs to be before we can go that fast. As we are driving, he keeps stairing at that needle and says, "how long do we have to wait"? I tell him it will be a few minutes and we talk about the rpm vs. the speedometer and how the higher the rpms, the faster and more power she has. While she is warming up we pass through town and get the normal smiles and waves, but my son could care less, he is focused on that temp guage. To deviate him, I turn on the radar detector and he thought that was the koolest thing. So I explain to him how it works and its purpose and when I look at him, he looks at me with these big wide open eyes and a grin a mile long, like, yeaaaa!

She finally gets warmed and he says to me "ok daddy, we can go 100mph now"? Thus, I hit the throttle and redline in 2nd and shift to 3rd and boy do I wish I had an internal video camera to capture his reaction and smile. We do not get to 100mph due to traffic. We drive a little further and turn around to go back home. We come to a light and there is a car in front of us and I know the next road has some long straights (i.e, 100mph+). We both turn and I get a little frustrated because it is a 2 lane road with oncoming traffic. Being patient, I wait for the moment and as the last car passes, bam, I down shift to 2nd and off to the redline we go, screaming past the car that "was in front of us" and into 3rd at about 80mph. I have to slow down because I am fast approaching a car in front of us. As my eyes focus on it, my heart starts to thump a million times a minute, I say to myself "no it cannot be"! As we approach, I say to my son "hey andre, you see that car in front of us"? That my son is my favorite ferrari and hopefully our next addition to the family, the TR brethren, F40! Yes, 100% pure ferrari and so I honk the horn, flash the lights and wave. That F40 was so loud I do not know if he could hear my euro horn. He acknowledes with a wave, the car in front of him turns and then, bam, crack, snackle and pop, off we go as black smoke exits that beast in front of me and as I redline in 2nd and then 3rd, my son says "Daddy, we are going 105 to 110mph"! I take a quick glance down and sure enough, we were at 100mph+. We come to the next light and off we go again, he darts onto some back roads and Enzo would have been proud. We were driving hard in 2nd and 3rd gears and I would have loved to have been one of the pedestrians walking around or hanging out in their yards. The sound of these 2 machines at high rpms was sweet music to these ears. We drove for awhile and then I headed home. We came to an intersection, I went left, he went right and we said our goodbyes, until next time.

I have to say, darting around back roads with an F40 in front of you is an experience. For my fellow TR brethren, yes, the TR kept up with that F40, but I have no way to know if he was driving it as it was intended to be, however, it did crack and pop alot.

What a great way to start the coming of spring. :)

2. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Great story.. Great to hear you being out and about in your TR. I would have loved to have been on the side lines listening to the cars being driven hard. Be well..

Robbie

3. SuperJ

SuperJ F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Jennifer
    OH, so nice!

4. Dr_ferrari

Dr_ferrari Formula 3
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 2, 2003
    Pocono Sportscar
    Full Name:
    Jim McGee
    #4 Dr_ferrari, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. regisgtb4

regisgtb4 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 20, 2007
    tx
    Full Name:
    willis
    better watchout,you are now on the "nofly list". child endangerment is a felony and your GOVERNMENT will protect its property! infowars.com/prisonplanet.com NO JOKE

6. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Cool pic.. Nice to see my car mingling with the big boy.. :)

R

7. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #7 testarob, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    fun as it may have been, i do not think its wise to post in public that you broke 100mph on public roads with your 10 year old son with you.

i would advise you to pm a mod and delete this thread.

just my .02.

Michael

9. redtrman

redtrman Formula 3
    BANNED

May 16, 2008
    VA - Heart in Pitt
    Full Name:
    Jason Bourne
    #9 redtrman, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
    I am studying to be a fiction writer, what do you think? Pretty good story, no?

10. Rickenbach

Rickenbach F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    It would have been child abuse to NOT open her up. I sure am glad that I grew up before helmets were required to ride a bicycle with training wheels.

11. regisgtb4

regisgtb4 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 20, 2007
    tx
    Full Name:
    willis
    Google up Wilkes-Barre Penn CORRUPT JUDGES. Those bas*ards ruined the lives of hundreds of innocent children to pad their pockets from bribes from Penn s FOR PROFIT PRISON system.In the good ol days of 55mph I put over 25000 miles on Cars at well over 100mph,hell 100 is Alfa speed,135 is Ferrari speed.We all know there is very little danger of our Cars @ speed,the danger and the damage comes from "public servants" who have made themselves "authorities".

12. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Save it for the Politics and Religion section. Let's keep this to TRs. :)

13. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    #13 thecarreaper, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
    just wanted to add i am not the tree hugger "speed is bad type". far from it. but at least in Georgia, going over 100 mph , or +25 of the posted limit will get you put in jail and the car goes to impound. then there are the points and the court fee's. if you guys have that much time, free cash, and freinds in high places not to worry about it, fine. but the laws have changed , and the folks in the Court system love to beat on " the rich guy" with the fancy car and money.

i went to jail in my black Ferrari in 2007 for a Misdemeanor . it cost me $5000.00 and took 2 years to go before a State Court Judge and say " Not Guilty". the State Court Judge Dismissed the case. my case was NOT speed related, but the Ferrari was part of it and made me a target.

now i still have a Criminal Arrest Record, which i am trying to get Expunged, but need another Attorney to do it. mine does Criminal Defense and is not interested in helping me get my record clean. ( no time he says).

i had never been in ANY sort of trouble before, and i have a Security Clearance , several Federal License's and ID's related to my work. ( Aerospace research and development))

getting this record cleaned is going to take more time, and money. and i DID NOT DO THE CRIME.

so before you guys go brag on the internet about actually committing crimes, i would think twice about it.

jail was not fun, nor was the damage to my Ferrari done while in impound.

ps, love the TR and F40 pics. i just wanted to try help someone on here avoid future legal heartburn.

stay safe,

THECARREAPER ..... former jailbird. :(

14. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    I am glad my dad brought me up right. He had porsche 356's (including a carrera powered speedster) and several SL benz's during my childhood in the 60's & 70's. He would take me for many spirited rides. I guess he damaged me for life...... I love fast cars, boats, bikes, the smell of racing fuel :) THANKS DAD!!! Oh And thanks for the memories REDTRMAN :)

15. redtrman

redtrman Formula 3
    BANNED

May 16, 2008
    VA - Heart in Pitt
    Full Name:
    Jason Bourne
    #15 redtrman, Mar 10, 2009
    Being a licensed NY Attorney, I am sure I can file my copyright paperwork without assistance. :)

Rob - love the pic, but why is it that Ferrari drivers like to drive on the wrong side of the road! Writing about a potential violation is not as bad as posting a pic of the same. :)

16. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #16 testarob, Mar 10, 2009
    If you look a little closer you might notice that we are on a 4 lane divided highway (palm trees are in the median). :eek:

17. redtrman

redtrman Formula 3
    BANNED

May 16, 2008
    VA - Heart in Pitt
    Full Name:
    Jason Bourne
    I know, just thought it was funny and hoping that you would play along. ;)

18. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Oops!

19. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile

Dear Ferraristi,

So true....nowadays.

Back home in GA, when I was a little younger, if you had a couple too many.....the cop ( who you or your parents knew ) would say, Now...son, you git on home and don't let me catch you again...y'hear? ....what was THAT? ....yes sir.

I tell you things have become really miserable these days.....0 tolerance ! ....you're going to jail !

OK, rant finished.....

GREAT PIX Testrob !

....but why are you driving on the white line?

...see what happens when you don't have a passenger side mirror like us "duel" guys. :D

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice !