F40 at Newport Autosports | FerrariChat

F40 at Newport Autosports

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by 410SA, Feb 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I looked at the really low mileage 1990 F40 at Newport yesterday. Jim Jr. started the car and it sounded smooth, no rough idle etc. The car is literally as it was delivered from the factory. All the rough edges on the CF work is the way these cars were built.

The mileage is claimed at approx 175 with half of those delivery miles. The car was apparently delivered originally to the F dealer in Seattle. The interior is very clean and Jim says the car had a major (all belts done) a few years ago. He is asking $395K but says he will take a little less.

Does anyone out there know anything about this car. I am very interested in it but would really appreciate some verification from independent observers as to iots apparent unmolested state.

2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Go with your profile - get the 275 of your dreams instead :)

But, seriously,the F40 has been for sale for a while, so maybe he will come down in price. It keeps going up on Ebay, probably just as advertisement. Honestly, I don't see how the low mileage makes this worth $75,000 or more over the regular going price for F40s....

3. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

One of the F-chatters here used to own the dealership. Maybe he knows something about it and and will chime in. If you post in the So. CA section he will see it if you haven't already.

4. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Hello,
    I use to own Newport Autosport. I am very familiar with the F40. The reason it's been there for over a year is The owner of Newport Autosport, has owned it since new. He knows what he has and is in no hurry to sell it. It is the best one i've seen, and i've owned many! Put it this way, I had a '92 F40 with 815 miles. I sold it for $425,000. I wouldn't take a penny less. I had no intensions of selling it. The right buyer eventully came around and "Had to have it"!!!! It did kill me to sell it, but I was in the business. I had the car for 5 years.
    So, back to the Newport Autosport F40... Yes the car is PERFECT!!!! Jim Jr. is someone you can talk to. Make an offer... you never know.

5. abavai

abavai Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Hi Alex! I have seen your maserati spider in your profile, very nice!
    Can you post more pictures of the maser, please!
    Thanks!

6. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Alex: I have been doing a lot of research on F40s to buy. If you like, I can share that and put you in touch with a few people.

--Dan