F40 current prices, reminds me of the 90's | Page 4 | FerrariChat

F40 current prices, reminds me of the 90's

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by coachi, Nov 22, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bert308

bert308 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    I love reading as of lately the "super ferraris" section of ferrarichat, in a chevy camaro internet dispute most words would look like ******* so one has to guess what was meant, however over here words >4 syllables I also have to guess the meaning. One thing, Mr Graham Tea Are, mr RufMD has had an 1983 Aston Martin Lagonda, I mean, how English can one get? Most English gentlemen hesitated to own an "Aston Martin Lagonda". I saw one in a local Dutch parking around 1990, I think it broke down.

2. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    I agree. If I ever in the market for an F40, I would find a well driven car (>10,000 miles) with good service records, brake and tire mods and other functional add-ons, and get a good PPI. I wont give a damn about classiche or Concours winning records. But that's just me. :D

3. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Sometimes you really make sense. This is not one of those times :)
    Maybe I'm annoyed that my Fiero kit car won't pass muster with the Inquisitors from Maranello. Fuquers indeed

4. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
    The last couple of months have served a purpose...far from the expert he would like to be perceived as, Sackey has been shown as the petty, spiteful, and easily tweeked little schoolboy he really is....I believe I have served the public good !

Light has also been shed on "Sackeys Lackeys"...those scurrious little minions that are ready to be summoned a pm away...led by the Minion in Chief Graham, aka 512Teapot.

The real hoot in all of this ? No one is having a bigger laugh in all of this than the one on the lofty perch....

5. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Can't we just get past all of this childish BS and talk about CARS?!

6. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Spot on

7. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Ouch but funny.

8. TcpSec

TcpSec Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2004
    LA, USA
    Full Name:
    Zeno S Paradox
    Are you nuts? This is one of the funniest threads ever. ;-)

512 Tea Arse is killing us and I am glad to see that 410SA and RufMD too have finally rediscovered their sense of humor. Come on fucquers, let it roll.

Oh, and F40 should hit $250K in 5 years when all the RE gazillionaires have dripped dry. :) That is unless we start printing dollar on toilet paper.

9. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Some interesting points. It seems the Classiche program, concours events and such are a matter of personal preference. One mans treasure is another man's...

410 SA I promise I never intentionally try to piss off paying customers. The exception to that rule is Ruf MD, and belive me I hardly have to try! LOL.
    For the record, most paying customers of mine havent seen a keyboard in years, let alone the Ferrari Supercars section on F-Chat!

BTW, also for sake of correctness, you should note that it was the aforementioned Ruf MD who suddenly retreived his Crystal Ball from the attic, dusted it off, and boldly declared on this very thread that F40s will be a million dollars in 5 years. I did not goad him into saying that. He proclaimed the future market of the cars all by himself. Accordingly we are waiting for the self-proclaimed expert's next proclamation, and accordingly I will provide a review.

Back on TOPIC, F40 prices are in a state of flux methinks...

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

10. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade RufMD,

It is with regret that I must inform you that you are hoist by your own petard. For, he who laughs last, laughs longest and loudest. And was it a Freudian slip that caused the brobdingnagian spelling error? And thank god that I spotted it before comrade Joe Sackey.
    This may be a case of physician heal thy self when you topple from the 'lofty perch' that you have settled yourself upon. So please leave Joe Sackey alone, unless that is, you are willing to provide long term psychiatric treatment on a no cure no fee basis. I don't want any more suicides this year. Six of my friends have already killed themselves. My last friend in all the world is contemplating driving his F-40 into a motorway bridge at 200 miles per hour. I have pleaded with him not to spoil the car in this rather thoughtless manner and have offered to exchange his F-40 (without Classiche Certification) for a late model Ford Pick up.

Oh, and the word that you fucqued up on is 'scurrilous.'

Best wishes from England.

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are

11. carsinxs

carsinxs Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2007
    On The Fence
    Full Name:
    H
    Six of my friends have already killed themselves. My last friend in all the world is contemplating driving his F-40 into a motorway bridge at 200 miles per hour. ]

speaks volumes

12. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade carsinxs,

Good thing you're not a fish - you'd be getting caught all the time :)

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are

13. carsinxs

carsinxs Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2007
    On The Fence
    Full Name:
    H
    I am a fish, he said to the worm

14. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade carsinxs,

Be careful with these little nibbles or you'll get hooked again :)

With kind rgeards,

512 Tea Are

15. carsinxs

carsinxs Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2007
    On The Fence
    Full Name:
    H
    A warning? Please- stick to your job of immortalizing and hero worship-no need to be sidetracked by this 'lil fish. You have larger fish to try and catch and I better things to do than engage in battles of wit with defenseless opponents.

16. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004

Dear Comrade carsinxs,

That's definitely a bite :)

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are

17. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Which one begs to wonder... what are your goals from being a site sponsor on Fchat? One such as myself stipulates that it is merely to pass the time.

18. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
    I am glad I have your attention.....keep trying Joe, I'm teary eyed laughing over here...

19. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Im a site sponsor in order that I may speak about any car that I may have available to the public in accordance with the rules of the forum. My goals are to receive some knowlege, impart some, and have fun along the way. Sounds reasonable to me...

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

20. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Please do elaborate :)

I need a second opinion.

Joe