F40 - Euro or US Spec Poll | FerrariChat

F40 - Euro or US Spec Poll

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Rossocorsa1, Oct 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which F40 variant do you prefer?

1. Euro

35 vote(s)
    76.1%
  2. US

11 vote(s)
    23.9%
  1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Which variant do you prefer and why - Euro or US Spec,...?

2. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I actually prefer both the interior and the exterior black accents on the US car.

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Euro. It also sounds much better.

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Euro of course!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. rmolke85

rmolke85 Formula Junior

Mar 11, 2013
    Yeah this is the difference between a FI Countach and a Euro DD for me.

The difference here being 250 pounds of weight and not power. They look bad with the black accents especially when put right next to each other there is just no denying. The euro cars sound way better esp the non-cat cars. If you have a chance to inspect both at the same time you will see how vastly different they are.

2 piece seats, and roll on seat belts and Im out. The Euro car is pure unadulterated race car for the road, the USA car is just that. Made for the USA and not the original ethos. Different cars to me.

6. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

You’re probably right. For some reason I always liked the cosmetic accents on the US car. Oddly, I own a Countach Quattrovalvole DD.

rmolke85 likes this.
  7. rmolke85

rmolke85 Formula Junior

Mar 11, 2013
    I also own a DD........ its next to your at Dugans. Which is why I see these two cars and the USA versions in similar light. The Euro car is what gave this car its legacy and that will never be touched by a made for USA car from any manufacturer.

Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Sent you a PM. Would love to connect.

9. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Euro. I think the front chin black piece looks terrible as do the sidemarkers on the US model. Same for the F50 for that matter except the chin is color matched and one piece bumper the orange front turn signals are ugly. Euro F40 and euro F50 look perfect.

10. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    #10 ag512bbi, Oct 17, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    BY FAR U.S. version.
    The black accents make the car look meaner. I personally wouldn't buy a Euro. Not pretty to me. It just seems something is missing.

Attached Files:

Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  11. rmolke85

rmolke85 Formula Junior

Mar 11, 2013
    Ask yourself this question. Would a ROW buyer ever go to the USA to purchase a USA car? Money aside. Most likely never. If they did, then I would be convinced the USA version is the one.

Obviously we Americas have to convince ourselves that our version of any european car is acceptable but the fact remains. No one in the ROW would ever go out of their way to acquire a USA specific car. Thats why the Euro cars are coming en masse here and the USA cars dont leave our shores. People realize the Euro cars are the real deal. There is similar angst among those with FI Countach vs the Euro DD equivalent. This thread seems like it might unfold in a similar fashion.....

12. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Gotta say, I agree. Again, I’m a Countach downdraft owner (and I imported my car from Italy), but there’s no question the Countach DOT look was awful. The US F40 is just very cool. Still, I totally respect other views on this. To each their own.

13. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    LOL

All valid points.

I think a lot depends on what variant of F40 you were first exposed to and where you live.

However perhaps the best solution is to do what a client of mine has done and have one of each!

14. rmolke85

rmolke85 Formula Junior

Mar 11, 2013
    The weight, focus on the weight. The car was intended to be skinny. How does putting 250 pounds extra in a car not designed for it possibly make it more desirable? The look is obviously to each their own but the weight changes the whole dynamic from steering feel, acceleration, braking, corning. It affects the whole drive so I just can get behind a car that's so different than the original. Especially when its the last creation from Enzo. You dont mess with perfection....

willcrook and amenasce like this.
  15. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I should have said 'In My Opinion"
    I think that's fair to say.

16. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ