F40? F50? Enzo? | FerrariChat

F40? F50? Enzo?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by porschemeister, Mar 10, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. porschemeister

Oct 24, 2006
    VA
    Full Name:
    J.L. Burke
    I've looked over 100's of threads and never really find the info I'm looking for so I thought I would just ask!

How much is the service cost for each (2500 miles per year) and how hard is it to find parts?

Thanks!

2. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Parts are usually not difficult to find (with the exception of F40 wastegates and fuel pump connectors :)

F40 has a major service that requires belts when due (every 3 yrs, but ridiculous if mileage is low)...usually starts at 10k and goes up from there depending on what is needed above the standard job.

F50 does not have belts, but has fuel bladders that are a big job every 10 years. The tank alone retails for 16k, then factor in your labour. F50 servicing is routine stuff typically, its actually a very reliable car. The instrument electrics are a gremlin that can be a pain...but you can either send it to the west coast or Italy to get it fixed.

No idea on Enzo costs.

As far as yearly stuff, just oil changes and fluids/brakes...fix as you go :)

I'm sure others can add their experiences and costs incurred.

3. andric

andric Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2008
    tires and brakes get very expensive on all three ;)

4. porschemeister

Oct 24, 2006
    VA
    Full Name:
    J.L. Burke
    Thanks! That's what I was looking for!

NOW if some body could let me borrow one of each for a week or two I can answer a few more questions I have! ;)