F40 LM for sale, only 60 miles !!!!!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F40 LM for sale, only 60 miles !!!!!!

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by cc123, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I know an orthopedic surgeon that drives one to work once or twice a week & plays w/ it on the track a few times a year. Seems to run fine always.

2. nonturbo

nonturbo Rookie

Feb 9, 2004
    Yeah, it's a shame that he's selling it for close to $1mil. I'm not up to par on how much a Ferrari F40LM costs normally. But I'm almost positive he is making a huge profit off of it. To some people a Ferrari is an investment. Some of them have become much more valuable over time. I'm just saying that some people don't care much for driving an F-car. It's not really there thing. In my eyes I don't understand how you cannot drive that car. But to some people it's just another car that they can make money off.

3. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    My goodness ! 60 miles ! It's going to need cam belts and lord knows what else. :)

Why don't these people buy real estate ? It's a better investment and builings aren't supposed to be driven. Cars are.

4. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    I drive very often my LM on the road. Need taller tires to help the ground clearance and reduce theboost to 17 psi. The turbo are my mufflers, it's OK till you hit 4000rpm. It's very hard and noisy but what a ride....
    They all starts from a stock f40 chassis than all the Michelloto mods. made the difference. You do have a vin # but no emission etc...Dealer plates is the way to go. Got to keep the stock fly wheel if you want to save the clutch...
    Roland
    F40LM

5. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Dealer plates, eh? How much was that LM again? :)

6. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Wouldn't you rather get the F50??

7. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    It's twice the price.

8. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    No way!!!!

9. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Hmmm...780HP+ with the F40LM or 513HP in the F50. Your choice.

10. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    anyone else see the sellers name?

Seller: Shigeru Watanabe (private vendor), Japan

kinda odd....

11. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    Roland,

Wasn't your car, and the rebuild, in an older issue of Forza? If its the same car I'm thinking of then congrates I read the issue several times and it must have been a blast to build-up then drive! :)

I don't know if I'd take the F50 over an F40LM... questions for a day some 30 years in the future for me. ;)

Happy Driving!

12. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

This LM is massively overpriced. They run circa $350-$450K US depending upon condition and history.

13. keof50

keof50 Guest

how many F40 LM's were made? IMO i would rather have a F50 looks better imo, i would even prefer a normal F40 just becasue imo it looks better. If you are lucky you might be able to get a F50 and F40 for the price of that F40 LM

14. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder

You're right, it is my car in Forza. I have driven the car everywhere and no troubles what so ever..It's like all the P cars I raced, they are reliable if you do the preventions.
    A LM was sold in Fl. for $ 600 + but needed major restoration (I know, I drove the car )and that 60 miles one will need MAJOR rebuild before getting out...
    In June, my LM will do again the Players Run from New York to Los Angeles.
    I plan to do a bunch of miles depending where we are.(back roads)
    Roland
    F40LM

15. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    You're right, it's my car in Forza. Thanks for the compliment and the car is even better now since we had 2 more seasons to detail even more.
    A LM was sold in Fl. for $600k + and needed major rebuild (I know, I have been on the track with it ) so the one from Japan might be "new" but will need a total rebuild before seeing the track...
    They are very reliable but need prevention, I did so many tracks events without touching the hood...
    This year, I'm doing again the Players Run from New York to Los Angeles and depending where we are, I'll drive a bunch of miles (I hate freeways)on the side roads.
    Roland
    F40LM