F40 on Ebay | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F40 on Ebay

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Texas Forever, Dec 1, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Not like there is an 'add Ferrari to cart' function, ofcourse they want to draw attention.

2. abarre

abarre Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    No offense to anyone intended, but am I the only person here who doesn't worship F40's?

I love 288GTO's, but just think the F40 looks like a kitcar. Probably those body panels and covers over the headlights. Not crazy about the wing wither.

Maybe if I ever drove one my opinion would change...

What am I missing here?

3. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    No your not the only one since we all have individual tastes. There is more to the F40 thrilling besides looks, which do it for some people. The performance, the age, the benchmark this car was along with the rarity make it special to a large group of auto enthusiasts when it was the car to beat. Still is in many ways. There are so many things to like about the F40 besides the body shell. Its a statement. Its an icon. There's only one car most would want in their garage parked next to their F40, thats the McLaren F1. I'd wager the F40 is a bigger icon still. Who wouldn't want a supercar icon in their garage? The F50 and Enzo buyers who need a 'pretty' Ferrari to accomplish the same goal as the F40 a decade later.

Sunny

4. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    No worries, the 288 GTO is a magnificant car! I happen to be an F40 worshiper, but just the same I wouldnt want an Enzo compared to an F40. All preference :)

5. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Performance factor.

Well the 288 and the F40 are my favorites. The F40 symbolizes a change in the Ferrari designs, it is the first step in a modernisation of the designs. Especially since it is wearing the "F" badge. Now look at the back of the 360 and nose of the Enzo. Very formula one inspired.

The F40 is a kick to drive, it is more a race car than the street ready cars like the 360, 550/575, and 456. The F50 is a California crusin' car more than living up to the F badge. As a former F40 co-owner, I must say that F badge pruists only see two F cars, the 40 and Enzo (aka F60).

I think the 550/575 is my second favorite body since the 288, the F40 is top. Well I also love the 333sp, but track cars don't count. :)

6. Wayne 962

Wayne 962 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 27, 2003
    The Ferrari Market Letter this month lists one for $240,000. I thought that was about the range that they are selling for these days...

-Wayne

7. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Just wondering here. What are your thoughts on comparing a F40 to a 360CS? Forget about the looks. Which car do you think will take you quicker around a track?

DrTax

8. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Better get some crazy glue for the doors on the 360CS cus the F40 is going to blow them off :)

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

LOL ! Get that F40 !!

10. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Go for it!!

Your Countach, it is those 25 th anniversary?
    Anyway the F40 is way faster than the Countach!

11. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Yep,
    I get asked all the time, "Is that a kit car?" I usually say "yes" and a typical response is "It sure looks good!" I smile and say "Thanks" After all, Who in their right mind would drive around in a $300,000 CAR?? :)

Of course, How many adolesant boys (no matter their age) DON'T have a poster of this car on their wall??

I believe it was the last car Enzo had his hands on designing. Can anyone confirm this?

Is it not also the first, or one of, the first 200mph production cars?

Rick

12. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Wayne,
    Is that a California car with about 15,000 miles? If so, you can read my "review" of it in a previous post. I think F40's are going for $275K to $320K depending on miles and add ons.

Rick

13. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Hey Test Shoot, do you ride with the CDM Hammerheads on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 6:30a? They meet on PCH between Jamboree and MacArthur ( at the bus stop). When I lived out there, I would do that ride every time before training and the Tues/Thurs 6:15a ride In Irvine. They were great warm ups for the rest of the training for the day. Man, I miss those days.

14. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
    If anyone is interested, Cauley Ferrari has an F40 for $310,000 right now. I know Ben went to see it (sort of on Dan's behalf), so if you guys are in negotiations, I don't mean to ruin anything for you. I have no affiliation with the car, just posting an FYI...

15. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Micheal Sheehan has one also, for $315K.

It has carpets!

16. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    On my behalf? Err...thanks Ben?? Didn't know about this?

The car Mike has is local (bay area).

--Dan

17. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
    Dan,

Didn't mean to cause any problems. I was meeting with Ben recently on another project and of course we got to talking about F-Cars. He mentioned he knew soemone who was looking for an F40 and I told him the local dealer had one. Since he was literally a few blocks from the dealer at a meeting, he said he would stop by and check it out.

Didn't mean to overstate the case, but in the spirit of "full disclosure" when mentioning the car here, was concerned about stepping on toes if that car had become "spoken for" by you (or anyone else) since I last talked to Ben.

Feel free to contact me offline if there is anything you'd like to discuss in relation to this. Once again, I didn't mean to offend, upset, incite, or anything. Just trying to make the Fcar community aware of a special interest model.

Best regards,
    Brent Cardani

18. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Brent: dude, no worries at all man. I must've either glossed over something Ben mentioned to me, or completely forgotten or something. Just didn't realize.

Whatever the case is, totally lax... I appreciate the lookout.

--Dan

19. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

William. PM me. I might buy your Countach.

20. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    I think it was determined in a previous thread the 348 was.

The first production car. The very first car? Hemi Charger on a closed circuit, don't quote me on the though.

Sunny

21. teflon

teflon Formula Junior

May 16, 2003
    Full Name:
    Greg A

Sunny,

This is taken directly from the FNA site:

I do not know what car broke 200mph first.

Greg A

22. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    No I don't do club rides anymore, politics is getting worse in the Peloton. I was riding with Velo-Legra (sp?) Lightining Velo and SouthBay Wheelmen.

I slipped out to ride the back bay today (look for my West Point Athletics Jersey and honk if you see me). Please don't tell my doctor :)

I joined as a token member of the German Bike Club of NY, the oldest in the US back in the 80's with members like George Hincapie, my cross town rival, and now I like to hang with Rotations Cycling Club in the Hamptons, but I am a solitary guy that does double centuries 4 or 5 times a month, and considers Newport blvd to the Ritz Carlton and back a warm up.

Only four things stop me from riding: heavy winds, ice, bad air quality, and doctor's orders. If it is raining, that is a plus, if there is hail, well, I take my lumps like a man. Lightning ain't no thing, and in snow, it's go! baby! go!

If I buy that F40, you think they would throw in a roof rack?

23. rennen

rennen Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    New York
    The first production car. The very first car? Hemi Charger on a closed circuit, don't quote me on the though.

Sunny[/QUOTE]

426 Hemi distinctions:

1964: First drag car to exceed 200 mph
    1966: First funny car to exceed 200 mph
    1970: First stock car to exceed 200 mph on a closed course.

I think they still credit the F40 as the first production car to exceed 200 though.

24. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    this thread was about the car that was for sale on Ebay...so what happened to it?

25. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Hey Dan, called you and left voice mail (twice actually), they had sold it by the time I got there. '90 with 3kmiles. Think I e-mailed you too. Anyway, car's gone, was being loaded up just as I arrived at the Cauley dealership :(

Stumbled a bit (cold outside, about 0F) when started and granny'd up into the trailer. Not sure if this is normal.

Best!
    Ben.