F40 on Ebay | Page 3 | FerrariChat

F40 on Ebay

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Texas Forever, Dec 1, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    The F40 was, is, and always will be, the first ever production car to top 200mph.

Peroid.

(ok, it hit 202, but now we're splitting hairs :)

Oh, and the F40 was definately the last car to be fully commissioned and produced under Enzo's guidance. It was the last car he really had any hand in, and many consider it his legacy.

Along with the 288GTO(uh, and a few others I suppose, even in a top 5 though, this club does not suck), it is to me, the ultimate Ferrari.

2. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    You should make out to colorado to ride with some of us. Since I retired from the pro peloton, I don't do as much as I used to but one of these days I am going to go back and do my fvourite long ride - my house in downtown Denver to Mount Evans and back. 190 miles and you go from the plains of Colorado to the highest continuously paved road in the world at over 14000 feet. And back. It's the back that'll kill you. Last summer I did that in a little over 10 hours. And I raced the next day.

3. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Holey ****!

I've DRIVEN that route, and with a car with manual steering, it was a workout near the summit.

<bows down>

Best!
    Ben.

4. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    About 15 of us started that day and only 2 of us finished it. In our madness we decided to do it the hardest way possible: Down to Deer Creek Canyon road, then over to High Grade road (yes, that's even what it's called), up the through old Evergreen, over the Three Sisters to the base of Squaw Pass and then up Squaw to Echo Lake and then up to the top of Mt. E. The way back was identical except that we came down Morrison Canyon instead of High Grade road and the finishing point was in Littleton.

It was tough and we had to hammer it in order to get done in time for dinner. We had two support vehicles to handle the extra clothing, spare wheels and bikes, and food. As the day went on, one by one, most of the guys got into the vehicles and by the time we reached the top, only 3 of us were left. Then one of them got decided not to ride back down to Denver. So then it was two if us for the way home - we had no choice anyways as there was no room in the support vehicles for us anyway. And as I said, I had to race the next day in an important race. I almost won it, too.

Anyways, at the top of Mt. E I said that I would never do that ride again but I did it again a month later, unsupported. It took me a bit longer that time, though. Man, I miss those days.