F40 Turbo swap pictures | FerrariChat

F40 Turbo swap pictures

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Oversteer40, Jan 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    I just love the crudely welded part nr. plates - with a fold on top to cope with the heat expansion. A truly handbuilt masterpiece and one of my all time favourites. I feel the F40 is the last car from Ferrari with this kind of hand fabricated look. The ones after seems to have a more industrial and perfect finish.

2. 335s

335s Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    T. Monma
    unusual to see these "on TV" so to speak...
    early, non-KAT, euro delivery car
    Early(without opening it, I'm almost certain it's a single membrane waste gate, also early, a-la-288 style/design)
    In truth, these early 40s are much closer to being a 288 than people realize.
    I had/have a first release parts book-as a dlr, we got the pre released versions and were supposed to scrap the tan/yellow pages as we got the final version updates sent us...well, we never throw anything away....you never know when you might need it! Naturally, I compared the parts pages for induction and exhaust to 288 counter part book, and was startled to see: same turbos, waste gates, ECUs, etc, etc....
    by model yr. 1991, the EU un-leaded fuel mandate was in effect and I almost certain that they were-in effect-making a "world" car with only MINOR variations from market to market, excluding the USA frame and its additional 118 lbs. of steel added to/in the bare frame alone....

3. luigisayshello

luigisayshello Karting

Jul 9, 2014
    OP how do the roberuta coilovers ride?Judging by the helper that uncompressed just by removing some bits from the back i would guess heavly sprung...
    How did the stability (not rigidity) improved?

4. Oversteer40

Oversteer40 Rookie

Mar 15, 2017
    Bought the car with coil overs already installed so i never compared std Koni's and these, have had car on track and it did feel good..apart from 18 year old tires being a bit sketchy lol. From all accounts the Roberuta coil overs may refine the ride quiet a bit on the street and track !

Best thing about/main reason for the Roberuta set-up is the air lift, can actually drive the car most places with-out doing damage to the car....makes a big difference having a 3" lift quickly to get over things.

luigisayshello likes this.