F40 v F1 v M600 v F50 v CGT v Zonda F v LP670-4 SV (video, 17:21) | FerrariChat

F40 v F1 v M600 v F50 v CGT v Zonda F v LP670-4 SV (video, 17:21)

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by ScuderiaWithStickPlease, Aug 14, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCpCbZaD8xc]McLaren F1 and Ferrari F40 vs analogue rivals | evo TV - YouTube[/ame]

An orgy of analog supercars, ie, real supercars . . .

I just read the article in #186. Totally worth the time.

2. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    #2 ScuderiaWithStickPlease, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
    Richard Meaden wrote both the opener and the conclusion to the piece on this wonderful test (#186):

So they picked the three that impressed them most from this amazing group . . .
    [...]
    [...]

3. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Great cars to be sure-test was sadly neglecting the domestic analog Supercars-ie, the Viper ACR, the Mosler and maybe a Lingenfelter or Callaway Corvette.

And the premise of the test was one that I agree with-its not always about ultimate speed, driver skill and involvement count for a great deal, IMO.

4. Vinny Bourne

Vinny Bourne Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2011
    Nice, but could have been better. Too much camera time on the host, again. They were on closed roads in a beautiful area with these awesome cars and yet most of the time I'm looking at this dude.

Most shots should have been like the part @ 11:39 - 11:46, 8 seconds of great video. Then after 10 minutes of video like that divided equally amongst the cars, they could have a roundtable like MT does and we could watch a discussion.

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Pretty much all my dream cars are in that review...love it. Wish they showed more of the cars,but oh well. At least they got them all together. F1, F40, F50, CGT would be my ideal collection. :) Thanks for the link.

6. Trackrabbit21

Trackrabbit21 Rookie

Feb 14, 2013
    You know where I can find Meaden's article?

7. Maser

Maser Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Harry Metcalfe
    In the latest evo magazine. Or in the ipad edition of evo, or on Zinio.

The reason Henry did all the to-the-camera-video is because evo is a magazine, first and foremost, so priority has to go towards creating the best magazine feature we can. Henry reckoned the McLaren was the best to do the video from because it's enclosed and relatively quiet when you weren't nailing it (actually, I think he just didn't want to stop driving it!). This left all the other cars free for the rest of us to carry on shooting the magazine feature.

We'd love to devote more time to video but at the moment, producing video at evo is a loss-leader of epic proportions. For example, the income this video will generate will be around 0.5% of the income stream for that month's issue. Whether this will change in years to come, who knows but I hope it will and soon. We need to shoot video in order to promote the evo brand but the business case for doing so makes it next to impossible to justify. That's why you occasionally see me produce self-videos because then I know it's cost £0 to make, so any income it generates will be profit!

Remember both MT and Drive are heavily supported by YouTube and on-line advertising is way stronger for US based publications than it is for UK based publications.

Publishing is in a state of flux right now, as we move from 100% paper publishing towards digital publishing. The only trouble is, the audience is moving quicker than the advertisers are and I can only hope they start recognising where the audience is going and then act accordingly!

HM

8. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    My favorite car review vid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    How is a Murcielago considered an analog car? And for the guy that griped about including a domestic, the Ford GT would be the USA halo car.

10. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Kind of agree with you on that one…he reviewed an E gear Murcie. If anything, he should have reviewed a manual MSV, but only 6 made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk