F40 VS Bugatti Eb110S | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F40 VS Bugatti Eb110S

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by allanlambo, Mar 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RSraddo

RSraddo Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Battle Creek, MI
    Full Name:
    Kyle Davidson
    I LOVE the EB 110 :) My all time favorite super car! The quad turbo sounds amazinG!

Kyle

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i saw a picture of a Bugatti for the first time, several years ago and have loved it since... Don't much about it aside from the V12 quad turbo and the AWD, but it's still an awesome car; looks awesome, too...

3. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I really like the bug.

4. RSraddo

RSraddo Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Battle Creek, MI
    Full Name:
    Kyle Davidson
    Some say it's ugly, I think it looks amazing!!! I WILL own one some day.

Kyle

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Saw a Bug EB 110 this past week end at Le Mans..The car fails to excite.
    The sound is boring ..the dash is boring..It looks alright..
    An F40 , Enzo and a 959 were there too..much better !

6. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Not a fan of the 959 either.

7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Not a fan too..but it looked almost nice in white.

8. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I'm not into the 959's looks, but I have to give it credit for being way ahead of its time when it came out.

As for F40 vs. Bug, F40 on looks alone. I think Bugatti's designs are of the "love it or hate it" variety. I respect the quad turbo 12, but to me it's just nasty to look at - but I totally understand that people love it. Same with the Veyron - awesome engine (quad turbo 16?), but hideous to look at (imho).

On the other hand, I think it's fair to say that even the most not-into-cars person on earth is blown away by the F40 - like the 288GTO and other great F-Cars, still breath-taking 15, 20, 30 years down the road.

9. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Actually, on that note, i have to say something that threw me back a couple years ago. I was in Boca Raton at PF Changs and there was red F40 parked outside. Of course i was drooling and pissed i didnt drive the Diablo. We sit down inside and next to us at a table was a group of a couple young guys, id say early 20's. I overheard one of them say to the other, did you guys see that old Ferrari parked outside, parked so that everyone can see it. Another guy goes, yeah its an F50. Another chimes in, saying no its just an old F40. I was ready to fight, but my wife stopped me.

10. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    people, stop putting down the EB110!!! I'm gonna cry!! LMAO

I love the looks, and face it, driveability and performance remained unmatched until the Murcie (or arguably the McLaren).
    Seeing it in real life is quite surprising, the car is nimble and much more discrete than an F40.

This car is #1 on my list. Plain and simple.

11. gaggi

gaggi Karting

Dec 8, 2003
    Switzerland
    Hi,

0-60 mph (or 0-100 kmh) is not a good measurement for such powerful cars, the gearbox may change much. 0-160 mph is better and both have almost the same time.

BTW, Bug is 4WD and has advantage on the first meters, thus not astonishing that it is much better for 0-60 mph.

Greg

12. HoboPie

HoboPie Karting

Apr 16, 2004
    Keep in mind that the F40 was one of those cars the really wasn't all the reliable in terms of performance. Even without the performance upgrade from Ferrari the figures are all over the place.

Apparently the turbos can become a little more finicky over time and start dumping the power less linearly than new. I've seen 0-100mph times for the F40 in the 7.4 - 7.8 range.

13. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    That was no doubt one of the very quickest Bugatti EB110s ever tested, I have seen full US spec models with 0-60 in 4.4s and the 1/4 mile in a lackluster 12.5s, thanks to the battletank-like curb weight of nearly 3900 lbs for the standard model!!! Give me the lightweight F40 any day, even with the factory authorized turbo upgrade 700 BHP is possible, the Bugatti wouldn't even be a threat after about 80 mph (have to catch traction) then!

And maintaining a 60-valve, quad turbo V-12 with limited proven reliability must be a nightmare.......