f430/360 double din radio. this might be perfect! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

f430/360 double din radio. this might be perfect!

Discussion in '360/430' started by goto35march, Jan 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dweintra

dweintra Karting

Aug 16, 2012
    Seattle, WA and Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Don Weintraub
    Good link. I got the latest version but I really don't know what to expect. I really don't plan to use the apps much at all and will likely stay on the audio screen. That being said, I will be sure to post my results (with volume and otherwise) and the exact model I purchased.

xtLSport and kes7u like this.
  2. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    Popping popcorn waiting to see how this turns out. If good, I’m in to get the 6.2” myself. I’m lost without CarPlay for Waze in the car and honestly there’s no good place to put the phone for it.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

xtLSport and kes7u like this.
  3. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
  4. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Very true. I am also very interested in the 6.2". Looking forward to hearing more.

Kevin

For now, will continue to use this
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
  6. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    It worked poorly when I tried to keep the magnet between the back of the phone and case. Very poorly.

I finally gave in and stuck the magnet to the back of the case, and it works very well. NOT perfect, but very well!!

Kevin

7. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    I use a Mophie battery case on my phone so the magnetic mounts are out of the question for me... and sticking the mount to the window just looks a bit tacky for me. Hence my desperation for a CarPlay enabled unit!

shifter and kes7u like this.
  8. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I’m with you. It’s getting frustrating for me now that I have a Scuderia Audio system.

One thought I had was a flip out mount that attached to the screw holding the factory amp cradle. Fold it under when not in use and it would be pretty much out of sight. Flip it open and attach phone via a grip and not magnet. It’s low, but I don’t stare at the phone while driving, just an occasional glance.

Haven’t had any time to do more than think about it though.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. Andrie

Andrie Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrie Hartanto
    how does it sound?

10. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    Didcha get it yet? Didcha? Didcha?

kes7u likes this.
  11. dweintra

dweintra Karting

Aug 16, 2012
    Full Name:
    Don Weintraub
    I got the Joying 6.2 single din and started installing it. It is really nice in person and the screen is responsive and really well done to me. The volume control seems fine as it is always in the left side plus a mute.

I started late but need to figure out why I don’t get sound from the speakers. I have a harness from mike at Scuderia auto to try if needed. I also need to figure out how to properly mount it.

Should not be too hard to finish. The look and size is spot on for the f430. I will be sure to report back once done next week.

12. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    Pics or it didn’t happen...
    just kidding!
    But seriously, need pics of the install.

13. dweintra

dweintra Karting

Aug 16, 2012
    Full Name:
    Don Weintraub
    I promise I will!! Just a mess of wires currently. Got busy today and headed out of town for 4 days on my boat tomorrow:). Next week!!

14. Marcoboxer

Marcoboxer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2019
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mark Roberts
    Looking forward to seeing this installed.

15. dweintra

dweintra Karting

Aug 16, 2012
    Full Name:
    Don Weintraub
  16. dweintra

dweintra Karting

Aug 16, 2012
    Full Name:
    Don Weintraub
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

My joying 6.2 is installed and it works great. I need to spend more time with it but it does what they say. The CarPlay setup takes a while to load when you start the car each time, but works wirelessly. The Bluetooth works great and connects every time automatically. I need to figure out why it shows so much silver metal behind the screen. I wish that was black or there was a better trim piece. I messaged Joying to find out what options there may be. The sound is the same as the factory head unit....not better or worse.

I do plan to add the backup camera.

If you have the hi fi factory audio option there is a wiring adjustment to do for the radio to produce any sound. It has a euro harness but not plug and play with hi fi. I had a local audio shop do the install. They only charged $150 plus tax.

The joying support is very good and friendly.....but they are in China so it moves slow.

17. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
    stil wont do it. cant do a joying into a ferrari.

chenglo1 likes this.
  18. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    Do you think a slightly larger screen would cover the trim but still not the window switches? Like say a 7" screen?

19. Ballvice

Ballvice Karting

Oct 19, 2019
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Frank Ball
    Here is my setup - did it all myself -

Pioneer AVH-3500-NEX with Carplay - it's my 5th unit install in my cars -

Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. dweintra

dweintra Karting

Aug 16, 2012
    Full Name:
    Don Weintraub
    I was just emailing Joying to ask them about it. Maybe the 7 inch screen would help a bit, but anything larger would interfere with the window switches. I don't know how one of the other Fchat members was able to have the area behind the display black. I emailed Joying and they said they do not offer any black bezel and the base of the radio behind the display is indeed silver and I am not missing any parts. They sent me photos of other installations that look like mine. I have been using the Joying a bit more and it works excellent. The wireless Carplay works great and connects well. I have since had a backup camera installed and it works really well with the unit. IW went with a regular wired type. When you put the car in Reverse it comes on and even gives the option to lower the radio volume.

In summary:

Pros: I really like the size of the Joying as it looks just right. It works really well and seems to be high quality. I was able to load a nice Ferrari image that blends in on the screens. Good Carplay. The touchscreen works well and is glass.

Cons: The unit needs a better bezel. I may need to paint it flat black carefully or get something made. If Joying comes up with a solution I will report back. The volume control takes some getting used to if you are accustomed to a knob.

xtLSport likes this.
  21. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
    Ok this is my setup. iPad 12.9 lte service with Sprint.

$10 small magnetic dongle. It like a McLaren now.

When I need ac controls or reverse quick move. But honestly one my ac is set never mess with it. Very happy with the setup. All you need is Bluetooth audio.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

22. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    evilruss, Marcoboxer and Penzinger like this.
  23. xtLSport

xtLSport Karting

Dec 18, 2019
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    C.L.
    NIce.
    Do you need any skills to install it? I mean, is there rewiring to do in the back or is it just plug an play with the correct adapter?
    What about ehe mic for the bluetooth? can you use the factory one or do you have to fit a new one removing all the trim...
    Also, have you tried carplay with waze or google maps? I hate the default maps app from the iphone. And it doesnt tell about the speed cameras.

Thanks

24. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Best you get some pedal extensions fitted

Rjoselaw likes this.
  25. Rjoselaw

Rjoselaw Karting

Mar 10, 2019
    Southlake, Texas
    Full Name:
    Raj J
    LOL, and a booster seat. He can't see over the steering wheel.

Samuel Riley likes this.