F430 actuator leak | FerrariChat

F430 actuator leak

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Thomas Ruland, May 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thomas Ruland

Thomas Ruland Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 12, 2018
    Full Name:
    Thomas Ruland
    I would like to thank all of you that have provided input regarding my F1 shifting issue. I removed the actuator and tighten the three bleed screws. One was a 1/16th loose, 2 was a 1/8th loose, and 3 was a 1/16th loose. I cleaned the actuator cover and used Loctite product.#515 and reinstalled. I flushed the system and refilled it with the Parkello product, It absolutely corrected the shift problem, infact it has never has shifted better. Unfortunately, I have a slight diff fluid leak from the actuator cover. I plan to remove and replace nuts and washers and reseal. What is the best sealant to use for this application and do you recommend twerking to 40-50 inch pounds? Special thanks to Flash 32 for his input on the flush procedure. Many Thanks to All.
    Tom Ruland.

2. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith
    What did you end up doing to solve your actuator cover leak? Rebuild and replace a seal or did sealant in cover fix the problem?

3. Thomas Ruland

Thomas Ruland Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 12, 2018
    Full Name:
    Thomas Ruland
    Removed actuator and tightened three screws and reinstalled with the correct sealant and then flushed the system and the problem was resolved.

FSM348 likes this.
  4. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith
    Great, glad it worked out!

5. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

"twerking to 40-50 inch pounds" ....that would have been interesting to see...the Twerking I mean.

Most people will Torque, but to each their own.

Seriously though, good info. I wish I would have done this repair to my F430. The sloppy shifting was the only thing that bothered me about that car.