F430 Challenge Headers | Page 5 | FerrariChat

F430 Challenge Headers

Discussion in '360/430' started by Blackfspider, Oct 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Blackfspider

Blackfspider Rookie

Dec 6, 2019
    Malaysia
    Full Name:
    D
    Not yet got an ETA...... still waiting. Mine will go on a 2006 berlinetta.

2. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  3. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Would like to know also

4. Blackfspider

Blackfspider Rookie

Dec 6, 2019
    Malaysia
    Full Name:
    D
    Just got the email......mine are with FedEx

5. Blackfspider

Blackfspider Rookie

Dec 6, 2019
    Malaysia
    Full Name:
    D
    Challenge headers Installed. Sounds great with the sports exhaust. Much fruitier/ growler. Definitely louder with valves open, but not obnoxiously so. Pulls much harder. No check engine light so far.....

LittleTino likes this.
  6. SlickMurphy

SlickMurphy Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004
    Essex
    Full Name:
    David
    Any updates on the performance of these Challenge headers? Sound? CEL's?

7. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    +10-15% volume. Increased performance. (no precats) Most get CEL, O2 extenders fixed mine several years back.

8. Gillis Haasnoot

Gillis Haasnoot Karting

Feb 4, 2020
    Leiden, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Gillis Haasnoot
    I am getting my challenge headers next week.
    Should I buy o2 extenders or should I find a shop who can do a remap?
    Can any tune shop perform this task? If not where can I find one in The Netherlands?

9. Blackfspider

Blackfspider Rookie

Dec 6, 2019
    Malaysia
    Full Name:
    D
    I’ve done around 130 km with my challenge headers. 5 or 6 drives. Early days but so far so good.....no check engine light. Mine is a 2006 berlinetta. My mechanic said wait and see if light comes on.

10. Gillis Haasnoot

Gillis Haasnoot Karting

Feb 4, 2020
    Leiden, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Gillis Haasnoot
    Just put on challenge headers on a 2005
    Took us about 8 hours. Some bolts were a pain to reach, despite the various tools we had (including the ones mentioned here).
    I ordered cat extenders. Mentioned here. Not the 90 degrees one. They fit. But tested it without and no cell. So keep it like this.
    Engine sound is slightly louder. But not really noticable. Unless you open the valve (I have a valve controller). Very loud with flames coming out of the exhaust. Super cool :)

11. Dougster

Dougster Karting

Feb 28, 2013
    Dallas TX Area
    I ordered mine last week and they are in shipment. Eurospares did not have the RH side manifold in stock, but quickly located one at another dealer. Cost a little more but still reasonable for Ferrari made headers! Eurospares was great to deal with as always.

They said that they do not expect to get any more from Ferrari this year.

12. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Anyone know if challenge headers can be used for the same reasons on a 360 CS ?

13. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    They are exactly the same as EU spec 360 header so yes they can but you will need the calibrations in the ECU's to be adjusted which requires a reflash. You'll also gain some healthy improvements in throttle response and performance. May as well get a Stage 2 reflash from AV engineering at the same time as the improvements are night and day even on a CS.

14. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Thanks very much

15. Chalmeco

Chalmeco Rookie

Jun 8, 2012
    I just placed an order with Neil Belton at Eurospares for a pair of the Challenge exhaust manifolds! They are in stock at the moment and should land here in Calgary within a week. I'll post more details when they arrive. Any more updates with respect to CEL's for those who have these installed?

16. Blackfspider

Blackfspider Rookie

Dec 6, 2019
    Malaysia
    Full Name:
    D
    No issues on my 2006. Had it on a couple of months already

17. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    My '07 has them. Threw CEL cat codes straight away. O2 extenders on the main cats fixed it. 3 years now, all good.

18. Chalmeco

Chalmeco Rookie

Jun 8, 2012
    These were on my doorstep in Calgary about 26 hours after I placed my order with Eurospares in the UK!

Do you recall exactly what O2 extenders were used?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    They were just a no brand 45deg extender about 1" long. Bought from a local jap performance shop. They both point at the oil filler cap if that makes sense which keeps the wiring and sensors clear of everything. The trick is the wiring and unplugging them so you don't twist up the wires, don't do that. Try the headers first, you might get lucky, some do.

20. Chalmeco

Chalmeco Rookie

Jun 8, 2012
    That sounds good, thanks! Do you think there is a down side to using them? I just feel like I should do them right away and then avoid the need to access and install them afterwards and then deal with the hassle of clearing the CEL.

21. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    CEL went away by itself after extender install from memory. Easy enough to clear though. No down side that I can tell.

22. Dougster

Dougster Karting

Feb 28, 2013
    Dallas TX Area
    Hey guys. Finally got around to installing the Challenge headers on my 2007 Coupe. Everything went well, but now I am getting a CEL that keeps coming back even with cat extenders installed (Big Daddies Garage Mini Cats). Does anyone have any other suggestions on what else to try?

BTW - they sound amazing - big improvement over stock in my opinion!!

hazimaw likes this.
  23. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Id love to do the same but worried about cel. Mine is 08 model so i believe its more sensitive

24. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I just received my challenge headers for my f430 2007. I ordered 232825/232826 which i thought was the new parts numbers replacing the old. They sent me 219941/219942 which is old part number. So im alittle unsure what happened here. I did email eurospares but havent heard back yet

25. Gillis Haasnoot

Gillis Haasnoot Karting

Feb 4, 2020
    Leiden, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Gillis Haasnoot
    232825 and 26. At least that's what the guy on my email said in the order. I did not check them when I received them. I guess you should ask for the new ones.