F430 Challenge Headers | Page 6 | FerrariChat

F430 Challenge Headers

Discussion in '360/430' started by Blackfspider, Oct 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

#126 LorenzoR, Jun 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    Maybe so. Any opinions from others? Im not sure what to do. Why would they send me old part numbers if there's a revised part number.

2. Gillis Haasnoot

Gillis Haasnoot Karting

Feb 4, 2020
    Leiden, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Gillis Haasnoot
    That's indeed annoying. No I did not have to plug it. The O2 sensors is the only open hole. The other hole were covered. I guess they are for later f430 models with a additional heat sensor or something.
    But what I understood from the normal f430 cats is that the new model have some structural improvements. Maybe the empty challenge headers have the same improvement.

3. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

#128 LorenzoR, Jun 30, 2022
    Well if I were you I'd check because the same thing could have happened to you. The wrapping had the correct part number that I ordered 232825 and 26, but the part number on the headers are the old number 219941 and 42.

4. Mario Andretti

Mario Andretti Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Aug 9, 2020
    Boston
    So how do I deal with the thermocouples if I want to upgrade to these headers...I see that the hole is plugged?

5. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    What is the difference from the new and old PN? I actually cancelled my order but now even better pricing given the exchange rates today.

6. Mario Andretti

Mario Andretti Formula 3

Aug 9, 2020
    Boston
    I see the new part numbers available, for 651 pounds, pretty good no?

Does anyone know if I can still plug in the thermocouples, they do seem to have the hole, but it is plugged ?

Thanks

7. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

This is what I'd like to know for certain. The Part number on the label that was on the bubble wrap surrounding the header was the updated part number but when I unwrapped it and looked at the part had the old part number on it.

8. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    Does the eurospare webpage work strangely for anyone else? Seems this dark overlay pops up and I cannot interact unless I inspect and delete it.

9. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    #135 Sj_engr, Jun 30, 2022
    Shoot, says race only.....wonder if CA star smog places would see that and fail

Maybe just the heat cover is the old stamped part?

10. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

If anyone has bought these headers within a couple years can check the part number on their headers it would be a huge help. The parts number is right on top as you look down, Thanks

nchhotu likes this.
  11. Mario Andretti

Mario Andretti Formula 3

Aug 9, 2020
    Boston
    No, I made a new account, and I can just checkout (still needing t check what I have on my car before I buy them, I have new headers installed by previous owner):

Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Daryl Zernick

Daryl Zernick Karting

Jul 7, 2020
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Daryl A. Zernick
    Looking at $1500 now, special order through Eurospares

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

yep that's what I paid.

14. Daryl Zernick

Daryl Zernick Karting

Jul 7, 2020
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Daryl A. Zernick
    I just placed the order to deliver to Indiana USA. I’m pretty sure a pair of designer Ferrari pants is more expensive than these two headers.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. 1FG1V3N

1FG1V3N Rookie

Jul 28, 2022
    Amsterdam, NL
    Full Name:
    JM
    nchhotu likes this.
  16. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I went thru the same thing with the part numbers and I questioned Eurospares about it. They contacted Ferrari and the answer was this.
    The new number exists as they have made modifications to the 219941 and 219942 . but the parts will still have these old part number on the metal plates. but are the new updated versions .

All the previous 219941 and 219942 have been modified and then get listed as 232825 and 232826

So if we order more 232825 and 232826 they will turn up the same as what you have received(modified 219941 and 219942)...........I didn't really like that answer so I just installed them. My question is if they updated them, why didn't they change the number on the headers? Who knows. But im happy with them and I'm just hoping that they are in fact updated

17. Daryl Zernick

Daryl Zernick Karting

Jul 7, 2020
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Daryl A. Zernick
    3 questions: How do you like the sound, do you notice any performance differences, and did you have to do anything to keep from getting any codes???

18. 1FG1V3N

1FG1V3N Rookie

Jul 28, 2022
    Amsterdam, NL
    Full Name:
    JM
    Sound: like most here with the challenge headers; volume about 10-20% louder, nothing too crazy. And the oem sound remains.

Performance: not sure, since only very recently installed and very limited miles driven. I have not noticed an increase yet. Some mention the headers provide a 20-30hp increase. But I guess the difference between 480 or 500hp is hardly noticable during normal driving or at all. That adds up to just a 4% increase in hp.
    Other fchat members have a lot of expierence with them and might be able to provide more insight.

Codes: none since install. But only 80 miles driven. Some have had error codes, some haven't. If you do; o2 sensor extenders seem to be solving them. See others posting about this.

Daryl Zernick likes this.
  19. Daryl Zernick

Daryl Zernick Karting

Jul 7, 2020
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Daryl A. Zernick
    Great feedback!! Thank you so much!! I was curious about 02 extenders and also saw adding spacers to the lambda sensor to solve code issues. Again, very much appreciated!!

20. nchhotu

nchhotu Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2007
    Roseville, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Just installed challange headers in my 2007 F430.
    Car sounds and drives awesome. Best thing you can do to your 430. I removed the brackets also.

RedTaxi likes this.
  21. Daryl Zernick

Daryl Zernick Karting

Jul 7, 2020
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Daryl A. Zernick
    I'm headed off to Indy tomorrow morning to get mine put on!

armedferret and nchhotu like this.
  22. PGH

PGH Rookie

Aug 3, 2022
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Paul Hobeich
    I replaced my OEM manifolds with fab speed headers two weeks ago due to a crack. I have not had time to drive much but here are my initial impressions with short videos:
    Cold start they sound similar with 10% sound increase
    Under 4k rpm the car is throaty and sounds amazing
    Above 4k rpm the car sound is what every Ferrari owner want to hear, it’s amazing and hard to describe.
    It’s LOUDER in a very good way, probably 30% at WOT but not much when joy riding.
    The car is much more responsive now
    No CELs with no O2 extenders, I have a 06 f430 (50miles only)
    The rest of the car is stock. Manifold swap is a MUST!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

nchhotu likes this.
  23. PGH

PGH Rookie

Aug 3, 2022
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Paul Hobeich

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

24. Daryl Zernick

Daryl Zernick Karting

Jul 7, 2020
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Daryl A. Zernick
    Got the Challenge headers installed. Having to dial out some air fuel mixture issues. May have to do spacers on the O2 sensors or mini cats as the ECU doesn't seem to be able to adjust automatically. Essentially the car is a little sluggish under a fully open throttle. I'm sure once that is fixed I'll be really happy