Wanted - F430 Coupe- Rosso Corsa or Blk <100k | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Wanted F430 Coupe- Rosso Corsa or Blk <100k

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Zack Hawker, Aug 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. neil e dale

neil e dale Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    Well good news then, THX ! I heard, was quoted $2k NY, NY to Tucson AZ covered! I never checked further, my prior experience w/ shipping a car was very poor! it's a minefield, full of lying brokers and cowboy wild west drivers! IMHO ! I spoke w/ a DOT chap and he admitted there needed to be more regulation and consumer protection! He said they get heaps of complaints! My car arrived 3 days late and someone swapped out the battery! put one no good in it ! ( didn't discover it until i asked the mechanic that did the PPI ! ) And they screwed up the shifter/ ignition switch as they did not know the car required the driver to put it in reverse before they could remove the key ! = (Saab ) !

2. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    oh ? a F430 spyder ? w/ F1 trans ? - think he wants a coupe! want to sell ? photos ? specs ? thx regards, Neil

3. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    ALL YOU GOT TO DO IS CALL ME!!!!!!!!!!! AND THIS WILL NEVER EVER HAPPEN TO YOU!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

neil e dale likes this.
  4. factive

factive Karting

Oct 28, 2016
    Park City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Cameron
    F1 coupe. Grigio Silverstone with a tan leather interior. PM me if interested.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

bocaf430 likes this.
  5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    QFT!!!

They might be out there, but you don't want it, what Mike, still $125K for a solid 430??

"Too soon" is what I would tell the OP, plus they are good cars and a pampered on is keeping it's value....

neil e dale likes this.
  6. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Ferraris don't rust any more....LOL!

Is aluminum.....;)

neil e dale likes this.
  7. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba

I agree unless the 6 speed MT is a driving factor...that stops me, with the 430 series.

But every version is better and priced accordingly..

8. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba

Trying to low ball on a good Ferrari is a great way to be walking......LOL!
    In my experience.....

Read the threads where someone gets a GREAT car delivered, or in my case I drive them home.
    You want to be THAT guy....

Join FCA if you are looking to deal direct......many deals are done across a dinner table,

neil e dale likes this.
  9. greeenPuMA

greeenPuMA Rookie

Jun 21, 2018
    Full Name:
    Luke Kim
    How much does it cost for PPI, Person who does detail to check the car out, and race car driver to go out and drive the car for you?
    Also how much did you pay for shipping? (what location did you purchase your car from?)

neil e dale likes this.
  10. SeaNile

SeaNile Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    I still don't get it. Don't we know that these nice, well cared for, pampered 430's that are being traded at dealerships are getting anywhere between 85-95k, possibly even less? Why I would pay 125k for these same cars is beyond me. Same can be said for the 458's...I'm not excited about paying 190k for one when I know the dealers are offering 140-155 as trades.

Full disclosure, since I'm not in a position to buy it's much easier to talk s**t from my computer. If I had 125k today I'd probably have a 430 in my garage by Monday!

Mbutner likes this.
  11. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    The PPI was about an hour and cost $100 ( the indie shop rate - it was NOT a Ferrari ) then he ,( the ex racer )took it for a drive! ( lots of mechanics are ex-racers! - me too! ) Expect to pay much more for a Ferrari ! one shop quoted $600 and they were not going to remove the undertray ( about a 1/ 2-hour job? to inspect! - not good ! ) frankly sounds like the usual Ferrari overcharge Tax! but that is only one place ! 2 -4 hours should suffice! If a high mile car ? pay extra for a compression/ leakdown test ! Detailer? You look on the net where the car is ! or ask around find a detailer, pay him to check out the car! he is basically just looking except measuring the paint! - price is negotiable! Ask! ( i paid $50 ) - not a Ferrari ! it cost $700 to ship fr wine country California to Tucson AZ arrived 3 days late and someone ripped off the good, new battery and put in a crap used one! I do not trust truckers, transporters! but we Have to use them! make sure you record the odometer when it leaves the seller as some of these cretins have unloaded exotic cars and driven them on wild joy rides and to strip clubs ( as per
    VINwiki )- youtube video!

12. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    Yes, I knew someone would be clever and say that ! the chassis may be - OK (IS ) aluminum but there are LOTS of things that are NOT! bolts, washers, fittings, other things that are harmed by living, owning driving one on crap weather state roads! ! you crawl under, work on cars it's Obvious which lived, were driven in the north , midwest, northeast,( or near the ocean ! ) we are spoiled in the Arizona Sonoran desert and have 350 days a year of sunshine and zero corrosion ! Why the Airforce parks 4,400 aircraft, in Tucson AZ which makes it the largest aircraft storage and preservation facility in the world. Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Mbutner likes this.
  14. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    Thanks! I will join FCA ! and yea, I have not low balled anybody yet and probably won't - I know better! LOL

15. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    My wife said who is that guy sending you X and O's ? told her no worries ! LOL !

16. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    I know Brad!! & I know this 430!!
    This car is a complete WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    END OF STORY!! THERE ARE NO BETTER!! CAR OR OWNER!!
    YOU CANNOT FIND A SPEC OF DUST ON THIS CAR

neil e dale likes this.
  17. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    Bellissimo ! now ( for me ,) if it was red or silver and a spyder !

18. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    joined just now thx ! regards, neil

19. SeaNile

SeaNile Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Just looked at the FCA classifieds. Those are some very optimistic asking prices for the 360/430 cars.

I still don’t get it. We know these cars are going for 20-30-40k less as trades. Why would I pay 30k more than that from a private seller?

Back to the square peg in a round whole. A 430 feels right to me around 100k but definitely not at 125k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neil e dale likes this.
  20. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    IDK ( for sure ) but it would seem that owners would want to make the same profit a dealer would! ?? generally, the dealer can play games w/ the price of a new car and make it appear they are giving the trade in a high full value! but I read somewhere Ferrari dealers can't charge more than MSRP for a new car? seems weird! (if true ) every other dealer/ marque does! - charge more, extra for hot desirable models! there is the whole retail/ wholesale thing too ! dealers are generally schemers/scammers, They always give LESS than a car is worth for a trade in ! trying to make max $$ -but IDK about Ferrari dealers! the prices are supply and demand i'd say. Yes worth it to pay more for a fully sorted, well cared for car ! ( and I'm a mechanic! - can fix anything really! )- but I don't want a project ! Do you ? ! ! IMHO it is worth it to pay more. how much more? good question! I've seen some good deals they are all sold now! need to pounce fast I guess! hard to do long distance! need a "third baseman " = car sales lingo - a middleman, someone to represent you, your interests. as a buyer - Hmmmmm. ....... believe I may know one ! .....LOL !

21. SeaNile

SeaNile Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Guess I don’t like the idea of paying 125k for a 430 then being offered 90k as a trade....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    yup who would? so sell it yourself ! you always make more that way - usually!

23. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Dealers , wholesalers buy cars as part of their business, as trade in courtesy or resale, not for pleasure. You have to agree that you can't expect to buy your car at their price, with their buying power (remember a trade in will generally earn the seller a tax credit)

So what is the number below the dealer's selling price that you would pay to feel like you got a bargain?

If you believe the dealer pays $30 k less than his offering the same car , what's your number?

neil e dale likes this.
  24. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Not apples to apples but a fellow I know is a high end gun dealer.
    He will bring in a gun and offer it up for about 20% more than he paid for it.
    If it doesn't sell in a month he will knock it down to 15%.
    A month later to 10%.
    It almost never gets to that 10%.

Meanwhile his competitors are offering 70 cents on the dollar to purchase and market price (or more; after all they are the Big Dealers ) on the sale end.
    They laugh and ridicule this "idiot" while sitting on their guns for sometimes years waiting for "the right buyer".
    Meanwhile Frank is turning and burning and growing like cancer. What an idiot ! ;)

neil e dale likes this.
  25. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al

That method speaks volumes for marketing and perception...