Wanted - F430 Coupe- Rosso Corsa or Blk <100k | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Wanted F430 Coupe- Rosso Corsa or Blk <100k

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Zack Hawker, Aug 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Your profile says you are in Scottsdale? Or are you 125 miles south of Scottsdale?

neil e dale likes this.
  2. PBT58

PBT58 Karting

Jul 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    Peter T
    Can you please elaborate on Florida Title issues?
    I will be traveling to FL first week of Oct and was planning to check out a 360 & F430.
    Any feedback you can provide on Florida Title issues is greatly appreciated!

3. Livfast

Livfast Rookie

Sep 2, 2018
    $10k mark up is not enough to sustain a business on exotic cars. The dealers typically floor these cars meaning there is interest payment monthly on the car. These cars typically take much longer to sell than does a $20k daily driver. They also have to pay to advertise the car and then pay a commission to a salesman that sells the car. Used inventory also devalues (most of the time) every quarter with book value changes.
    A lot of states you do get a tax credit on the amount of your trade which does help with the trade value however California is not one of those states.
    Also know that if you buy a car from a private party living in Arizona you do not have to pay any sales tax. So if you are in Arizona and willing to put in the leg work, get the car in and get a PPI, you can negotiate a good deal on a car private party and save a lot of money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

neil e dale likes this.
  4. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #79 arizonaitalian, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    Google search for title washing. Some states are easier and some harder to get clean titles issued. And, some states have more flood events (e.g. hurricanes) and thus more cars that could need to be title washed. This isn't a large percentage of cars, but it is likely higher with exotics given the money to made if the seller can get a clean title. And, its likely a higher percentage of cars listed for sale because the flood cars are not mixed in with the general population of cars, but rather are washed to be sold and they sometimes take a while to sell...all of which means that the percentage of used exotics for sale with washed titles is likely far higher than the percentage of total washed title cars in the total population. There are not many "rules" that are even *mostly true* in this regard, so we each must make our own determinations of what to avoid or what to investigate further. For me, I just tend to avoid cars that have history showing time in Florida (like I said, "rightly or wrongly"), if I can find a suitable car to buy elsewhere. There are tons of exotics in Florida however, so for some searches avoiding all cars from the state would be a problem, so simply doing more due diligence can get you to "yes" on a Florida car. Its just me and my decision on how to best navigate the minefield of human fraud, but each of us has to make our own personal calculus in that regard.

neil e dale, PBT58 and eyeman1234 like this.
  5. Zack Hawker

Zack Hawker Karting

Feb 27, 2018
    Paradise Valley, Az
    Full Name:
    Zack Az Realtor
    Hey Bud, I am in Scottsdale, actually live just 5 minutes from Scottsdale Ferrari. I have been in contact with Mike @ Yellow Compass and he has been great. He has his ear to the ground and shoots me inventory as it comes up. I am totally open to a nationwide search as I have bought most of my vehicles out of state. If I have to go to NE Maine for the right car I will. I am patient and willing to wait for the "right" one.

6. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I'm in Old Town (in the winter anyways). 430's are great, you will love having one. Did you ask the guys at the dealer to keep an eye out for one also? They get offered cars all the time and/or have service clients that might want to sell. You must live very near the C&C too...I'd ask owners there if they want to sell too.

7. Zack Hawker

Zack Hawker Karting

Feb 27, 2018
    Paradise Valley, Az
    Full Name:
    Zack Az Realtor
    I already know your a smart man because you are only here in the winter. :)
    The GM of Ferrari is my neighbor so he has his eye out as well. I am working on a fellow FChat mbr as well as an avid Cars & Coffee goer to sell his 430. If your listening the 458 is calling you. ;)

8. Gary law

Gary law Rookie

Sep 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gary Ortega
    I'm selling my 2007 F430 F1 18400 MI perfect condition just had the brakes done 15000 mile service clutch is 50% I'm asking 115 though black on black no dings nothing if you'd like to talk you can text me at 408-315-3229. California car.

Sent from my XT1585 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. neil e dale

neil e dale Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    I'm in Tucson , my brother Jack is in Sun city ! my profile says Tucson !

10. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    This week i was looking at a Ferrari F430 spyder in Houston Texas to buy the Ferrari dealer refused to do a pre purchase inspection ! said they don’t do them said i could pay for a $1750 + CPO inspection and IF it passed it would be qualified for a factory warranty at $4500 per year w/ no further inspections ! IMHO they are snobs and give poor customer service they are the first dealer i have contacted that refused to do a PPI ! it does not represent the brand well ! Texans are weird ! stay away !

11. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    The 250 GTO is a VERY SPECIAL CAR besides they are worth millions ? No I would not want to own one you would never want to drive it ! - or push it hard would you ? modern is better for any car you want to actually use , drive yes !

12. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    not at all ! you just have to get in shape! work out, get exercise! I always lightened the throttle springs, used a Lockheed GP spec master cylinder = one finger brakes and got more mechanical advantage for the clutch to make it easier for my arthritic, hands, carpal tunnel afflicted wrists! LOL oh yea and put a tank bag on it (like a big pillow ) and you can lay down a bit get the stresses off your wrists, hands, back . ! the racing position is actually MUCH more comfy when traveling at high speed ! we stop and relax frequently! yes, these are not touring bikes!

13. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #88 arizonaitalian, Sep 22, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    I'm sort of a dummy...didn't really there were to f-chatters in AZ looking for similar 430s and got mixed up. Good luck with your hunt(s).

There is a very nice looking sliver one listed for sale on f-chat this morning...(not red or black of course, but silver and grey are awesome on these cars. Although I guess one of you wants a coupe and one a spider)

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/f430.585146/

neil e dale likes this.
  14. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    OH the irony ! we want a 2007-2009 red (or ) silver 430 spyder w/ F1 trans and carbon brakes ! it's a coupe and being sold by " Cabriolet motors ! " LOL thx Neil !

15. Knightrace

Knightrace Rookie

Sep 30, 2018
    I have a 2005 F430 F1 for sale. Good driver condition car. It has 76K miles. Asking $76K for it, PM me for details. Located near Chicago, IL
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Zack Hawker

Zack Hawker Karting

Feb 27, 2018
    Paradise Valley, Az
    Full Name:
    Zack Az Realtor
    I love to see Ferrari owners that are not scared to drive the car. That is my plan as well. I will drive it often and rack up the miles so I will need to start with one with fewer miles.
    Any advice or issues that you have come across with a higher milage car you would be willing to share?

Best of luck on the sale.

neil e dale likes this.
  17. SeaNile

SeaNile Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Haven't found you car yet Zack? How long has your search been now, over a month?

neil e dale likes this.
  18. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    I have to say I doubt they floor, finance a used car! very few dealers do ! ( sadly I worked at a dealer a zillion years ago when I graduated college awaiting grad school - I know all their dirty tricks ! - and they are greedy ! ) there are many examples of taking in a used F430 on trade for 80-90K $ and selling it on for $ 125,000 -130,000 ) so no pity for a dealer fr me ! they make WAY more than $10 K ! and IMHO it is a fact that Ferrari's do not depreciate ( much) when already a few years old ! thx for the reminder about no tax for AZ residents!

19. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
  20. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

21. Zack Hawker

Zack Hawker Karting

Feb 27, 2018
    Paradise Valley, Az
    Full Name:
    Zack Az Realtor
    Hey gents, thanks for keeping an eye out. That is definitely on my radar. I'm working on an 07 with the rear carbon fiber challenge grill that I love. Going through a PPI so we will see.

22. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    Yes Mike ? he found me my awesome 2008 F430 spyder ! just got it two days ago ! you do pay him and it is worth it IMHO Neil

arizonaitalian likes this.
  23. Steven D Hurley

Aug 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steven D Hurley
  24. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
  25. Zack Hawker

Zack Hawker Karting

Feb 27, 2018
    Paradise Valley, Az
    Full Name:
    Zack Az Realtor
    Thank you everyone for your input and information. I have learned so much and am very grateful. After driving my 3rd prospect for an F1 430 today I have determined that an F1 just does not do it for me. I have struggled with this from the beginning as I have always been a 3 pedal guy. Especially with this caliber of machine. A gated 6 speed 430 is my Holy Grail and now I begin the hunt and maybe work a few longer hours as well. :cool:

Thanks All,,