F430 engine shut down | FerrariChat

F430 engine shut down

Discussion in '360/430' started by Andrew lee, Oct 19, 2020.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Andrew lee

Andrew lee Rookie

Oct 19, 2020
    Malaysia
    Full Name:
    Andrew lee
    Hi,
    My 2005 F430 have an issue. This morning when I started my car waited for 5min to let the engine warm up, after that I switch to gear 1 and release the brake the engine shut off immediately, no any warning light on the dash and multi function display. I turn off the key and waited for 5mins and switch on, I had a check ok on multi function display and no other warning light, I try to start the car again same problem.
    Anyone encounter this before. Any advice or help would be greatly helpful and appreciated. Thanks

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Sounds like the engine has stalled when u engage gear- might be electronic control. Try disconnecting the battery for 5 mins and see if that helps.

3. Andrew lee

Andrew lee Rookie

Oct 19, 2020
    Malaysia
    Full Name:
    Andrew lee
    Hi Mike,
    Thanks for your reply.
    Ya I was wondering that too. I asked the varta battery guy to replaced a brand new varta silver dynamic Din 70 AGM. But the problem remain same.

4. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Reading that you seem to have lost power to some of the control system, its reading absent for a cylinder bank supply. Get the handbook out and look to see what fuses and relays supply different systems. These are behind the seats and in the front luggage compartment. Start checking ALL the fuses first.
    You can buy cheaply a volt meter that plugs into the cabin power socket, very handy