F430 Factory Bose sound system - coming | FerrariChat

F430 Factory Bose sound system - coming

Discussion in '360/430' started by marksp, Apr 23, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. marksp

marksp Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2006
    Redmond, WA
    #1 marksp, Apr 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Bose® high power sound system (Modis Code: SNDB)
    Available for both the F430 and F430 Spider, Bose® and Ferrari have developed a brand-new, high-power sound system. This system incorporates a new technology called FortaTM. It also includes the AudioPilotTM system, which is found on the 612 Scaglietti and the 599GTB Fiorano.
    Bose® technicians developed special equalization tuning for both the F430 and the F430 Spider.
    This system is composed of 11 strategically placed loudspeakers and includes:
     
    A bass enclosure with a special amplifier, including 1 active woofer & 2 small passive elements. It is located under the climate control panel, linked to the center tunnel
    2 tweeters, embedded in the mirror triangles
    2 woofers at the bottom of the door panels
    4 twiddlersTM at the top of the rear wall
    One 8-way amplifier with digital signal processing, located on the rear bench
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    About time. The stereo in the 360 is garbage. I wish they did a better job of hiding everything though.

3. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Hmm, just seems to detract from what these cars are all about. BTW, are they offering cup holders yet? The Bose embossed in the leather seems unnecessary too.

4. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Why should they?

I have those in stock!

Stand by concerning audio systems. I have come up with something else for the 360's and 430's!

5. sad11

sad11 Karting

Jun 25, 2004
    Shamless plug for Greg. Just installed the cup holder 20 minutes ago and it fits perfectly, like it was standard equipment.

Thanks!

6. Noel

Noel F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

when is this going to be available??

7. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Nice setup. But I dont think I would really ever option it. :) I dont mind a bit of music in my 348..........rarely though. 99% of the time, I dont even play music in the 348, I just listen to the wonderful exhaust note. :) Does not worry me. How much does this all cost and how much does it weigh? :):)

8. marksp

marksp Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2006
    Redmond, WA
    Cost has not been published yet and have no idea as to weight. I've been told that my July build date would be eligible for this option so it's has to be available in the next few months.

9. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Cheers mate. :):)

10. ARED4RE

ARED4RE Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    Available starting in May. Bluetooth also becomes standard as well as a trickle charger.

11. wildshirts

wildshirts Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2007
    Bose just rule, full stop! However the engine is the soundtrack so although i would be very tempted i dont think i would. Its doesnt look very "smooth" with eveything else. Looks bodged together tbh.

12. anna

anna Guest

Oct 10, 2006
    Anybody know if it can be retro fitted?

13. coupe1

coupe1 Formula 3

Jan 15, 2007
    Singapore
    I have my doubts on whether the Bose set up would sound very good. My buddy just got his 599 delivered with the option hi end Bose sound system, and not matter how we tune and set it up, the sound quality really isnt that impressive.

14. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Amen!

15. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    +1.
    I've seen systems with tweeters bigger than those drivers.

16. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    The original BOSE concept was clever in a large vehicle. They tailored the audio to the acoustics of the vehicle.

They lost it somewhere along the line, and it's a poor system for a small vehicle.

The drivers are just awful as is the sound.

My CL500 has that system and it's pathetic for a car of that cost!

17. dlxzap

dlxzap Rookie

Jan 13, 2007
    I must agree on that, never forget that in the purist audio world, the Bose acronym stands for Buy Other Sound Equipment which says it all

Never forget that in an F-car, the best sound equipment money can buy is either the V8 or V12 engine !

18. Pransingh Horse

Pransingh Horse Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2006
    Vancouver, Canada
    looks like Ferrari is following in Porsche's footseps on this one.

Porsche also used Becker for the longest time, and has now moved over to Bose.

I can't imagine the Bose being any worse than the Becker....my Becker quit about a month ago, and I haven't missed it much, with that Ferari V8 behind me to listen to. I finally made it to the dealership and it was just a blown fuse.

19. marksp

marksp Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2006
    Redmond, WA
    my guess is that they will continue with the Becker head unit and add the Bose amplification and speaker array.

20. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Can't do that because the Becker is an analog system and the BOSE is an optical digital MOST system.

Also the BOSE system uses drivers with 1/2 Ohm voice coils. Keeps the resistance and amplifier sizes down. Problem is that 1/2 Ohm voice coils do not have much wire and therefor very limited V.C. excursion=poor bass!

However, I will soon have a solution for the optical digital interface to the MOST system!

21. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Best option in a modern Ferrari is radio delete. Saves the trouble of taking it out and putting it in the garbage where it belongs.

In the 80's they had a much better idea. Leave a hole with wires sticking out....do it yourself. Put in a real radio...Not Wehrmacht surplus.

22. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Couldn't agree more!!!

23. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    I do have the cup holders. They work great and integrate as an OEM piece.

24. modenaboy

modenaboy Karting

Nov 17, 2003
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Gordie
    The High End Bose stereo in my Cayman is hideous. Flabby overblown muddy bass, not much else positive anywhere else either. For a complex system with so many speakers it is pathetic.

I had another car with Bose in it before and it was junk too.

My 430 has the current "upgrade" stereo, and while not great, its good enough, and much better and tighter sounding than the Cayman Bose system. Like everyone else points out, the best sound is the engine anyway! Music is a background thing at best in the car.

25. PAUROSO

PAUROSO Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Roland H Shaak
    I have the Bose in a 2008 F430 F1 spider. I TOO BELIVE in the sound is the exhaust and mechanicals and laughter from friends theory but.... traffic snarls happen or you are raging a picnic on top of hurricane ridge some tunes can be nice (especially if the wife/hubby has been the occupant oh the whiners seat all day!

the Bose system sucks, coming from an audio engineering society snob and former Hollywood sound and dupe engineer and EE

so when the car goes in for 45k maintenance, and while goodies are added my guy will run the car to his installer for audio etc
    Going audiophile/reference route provided I can snag all parts

> Radio/controller (optically connected to amp); https://www.crutchfield.com/p_158RSXGS9/Sony-RSX-GS9.html
    > amplifier; JLxxx or others of the ilk. OR small sized amps at point of use digital input five channels
    > 4” speakers 4ea behind seats; infinity’s for reference - current thinking
    But I am studying options
    > 6.5 door speakers; tbd - scores of incredible speakers at this size X-overs will be tuned to have speakers fill and add pizzaz
    > tweeters TBD; the existing will be replaced but the Sony comes with tweets that blow onto the inside of front windows both operating could be a riot or not
    > sub woofer; strip the current speaker and resonators and install one 6.5” long throw woofer TBD and one-or two of the largest speakers that will fit in the narrower area. In addition more than likely I’ll make a filter for them after I find out their happy spots I would imagine it’ll end up one Sub woofer, a constrained (maybe) midrange and an opened up mIdrange I’m not going To add a rear sub woofer I have an extremely dark Blue ( almost) black interior so PIA matching colors)

don’t think I’ll get a rear sub

I might get adapters possibly other goodies from the cat the aldous voice speaks of- for bass enhancement and other elements Stay tuned shall be done with Center mount BBS, scud front springs,45k service tuned local ECUs new matchef injectors (old habit)plugs fabspeed headers and blankets. Cat back I’ll bag Ferrari ones (I live on an island windy

so my “current” buy list will be
    In the one Din slot for radio no big LCD screen looking ugly and in the way plus my phone can handle most tasks ( iPhone has-a studio quality 24bit system that can pass as pro) thus the sony

mwstewart likes this.