F430 long distance drives, experiences? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F430 long distance drives, experiences?

Discussion in '360/430' started by dwells, Oct 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I suffered only one flat about 200 miles from home. Tire was destroyed. It was a disaster. No one in that small town wanted to even touch the car. Finding a replacement tire was comical. Not so funny that day.

2. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Drove from L.A. to San Francisco via 101 without a hitch using a 2008 F1. If your car is well serviced, I don't believe a long drive will be an issue. - though do have something for flat tires just in case.

3. Aaronholmes220

Aaronholmes220 Karting

Dec 12, 2009
    County Durham UK
    Full Name:
    Aaron Holmes
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Mine's been on a few european tours, this pic was taken in Switzerland after 12 hours driving with only a few stops for fuel. I got out of her feeling fresh as a daisy the seats really are superb. Tried the same in my 997 C2S and after 2 hours thought I'd slipped a disc in my back! F430 feels like it was made for GT work.

4. aleary360

aleary360 Karting

Nov 23, 2015
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Al Leary
    I think you will have a BLAST. Take a drive in PCH. I live near Malibu
    Try not to pass by my house early in the morning with your TUBI :) or might have to join you

5. HIO Silver

HIO Silver Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Alonso C.
    400+ miles a couple of times.... Resist the urge to drop the hammer to 140+ mph on long straights.

....Tough to keep the speedo between 70 and 80 mph cuz there is less than 1/2-inch between them.

ATLSIGNGUY likes this.
  6. shad99

shad99 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Japatul Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Just returned from roundtrip Mt Laguna (San Diego) to Santa Barbara over the weekend, About 700 miles. Great trip other than the atrocious LA traffic and roads. First check of MPG in a long time. Got 18 even with the awful stop and go for 100 miles or so. Gives a nominal range of 450 miles or so.

7. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I have many long Ferrari road trips under my belt and they have all been a cake walk:

TR from Menominee, MI to Phoenix, Phoenix to Monterey and back
    Mondial t cab from Rochester, NY to Phoenix, multiple round trips to LA from Phoenix)
    308 QV, multiple round trips to Reno, NV for VA City Hillclimb (the TR and 348 as well)
    348, Phoenix to Monterey, Phoenix to LA, Phoenix to Reno, Phoenix to Aspen
    CS, multiple Phoenix to LA and Sedona
    F40 Orange County, CA to Phoenix in 3:20 (It was brisk!)

The sport seats in the 348 were a bit tough after 2 hours or so, but a quick stretch and you are ready for more!

These cars work better, the more they are driven and enjoyed!

8. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I guess that F40 was actually flying to Phoenix

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

9. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Nope! It was a weekday, very little traffic and no boys in blue! My buddy and I checked our watches when we left, stopped for gas in Blythe and checked the time when we arrived at the restaurant we were meeting some people and we both looked at each other and were a bit shocked at the ET. Like I said..... it was brisk!

10. rivarama

rivarama Rookie

May 18, 2017
    London
    I have owned my f430 for 6months now. I took it from London to the Belgium F1 GP which was a 1000miles round trip. It performed flawlessly. It felt as comfortable my previous car, a Maserati granturismo, which is a true GT

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

11. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I drove from LA to Vegas a couple of times. Very enjoyable car on the open road. I would do it again.