F430 Manual to be auctioned at RM in Arizona | FerrariChat

F430 Manual to be auctioned at RM in Arizona

Discussion in '360/430' started by Cinque, Jan 2, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cinque

Cinque Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2012
    West Coast
    A 2007 F430 6 speed manual spider is set to be sold at the RM Auction in Arizona at the end of January. It is great to see a gated 430 at one of the top collector car auctions of the year.

It will be interesting to see what this car goes for as it is a rather unique example. It is a yellow spider with interior alligator accents. Not sure if this very one of a kind interior will help or hurt the sales price! It also has only about 400 miles which can be perceived as positive or negative depending on how you feel about a car that has not been driven. The car will be sold as it is a no reserve auction.

2007 Ferrari F430 Spider | Arizona 2016 | RM Sotheby's

Any predictions on what it will sell for?

2. Highlander

Highlander Rookie

Nov 22, 2006
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    <redacted>
    From the listing:
    "alligator upholstery accents on the seats, rollbar, and even the sun visors and steering wheel—a staggeringly expensive option that added $154,798 to the car’s base price"

Staggeringly expensive indeed!
    Not my taste, but then different strokes for different folks...

Are we going for an over/under on the sale price (excluding commission)?

If so, I say $175k.
    Can't decide if the Alligator interior will hinder the sale, but 400 miles will definitely appeal to the speculators.

3. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    A 9 year old car with 400 miles is a time bomb, the alligator things are HIDEOUS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Having wealth does not mean one has taste as well :(

5. dadams73

dadams73 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Ocean City NJ
    Full Name:
    Dean
    I rather like the alligator accents, the black wheels though, IMO, ruin the whole package. What's with these black Wheels???

6. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Agree
    I
    Car has been in the market I think for a while at stupid money. I suspect they will he disappointed with result
    Money and taste don't always track together

7. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    "alligator" are : on the steering wheel, sides of seats, top of instrument pod and on the seat hoops .....are really not that bad.

8. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    wow.......155 grand for the alligator accents....unreal

9. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    a 400 mile example will likely cost soooo much that it will likely just go into a collection....to be admired & not driven.

10. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    it is a plus that it is also a manual

11. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando

So it doesn't matter if it is a 6 speed or a F1 if nobody is going to drive it.
    For me collection or not, these cars are meant to be driven and if they are not it is a mortal sin.
    The description describes the alligator accents like it was a factory option, I am so glad Enzo did not live to see a "pimped" Ferrari from factory.

12. Joegnsx

Joegnsx Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 1, 2012
    Valrico, FL & Franklin, NC
    Full Name:
    Joe Gliksman
    I like the gator hides and the black wheels--love the car. I'd pay a premium for the low mikes and manual, so I'd stop bidding at $145K, so for that reason, I'm out.

13. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Horrible taste... That interior definitely takes away from the value.. Unless it doesn't have a reserve, I think it will be a no sale.

14. kreh

kreh Karting

Feb 21, 2006
    OC
    Full Name:
    Kim Reh
    The interior and low mileage kill the value proposition.

15. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The shift knob is CF but not the base of the shift housing, weren't these two a CF package?

Perhaps the knob was added after felivery

16. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Wasn't this one up for sale just a few months ago in Florida?

17. Highlander

Highlander Rookie

Nov 22, 2006
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    <redacted>
    It's a no reserve auction. It'll be interesting to what it actually sells for...

18. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    does anyone think this board over reacts to lower mile cars built post 2000? i understand why maybe a car from the 70s wld be a disaster to drive but a 2007 Ferrari shld run just fine with low miles.

19. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I don't believe low miles cars are the nightmare that people make them out to be. Sure, a car that hasn't been driven will likely have issues, but my guess is the cost to get the car back into good operating condition would not so great as to overcome the value of ending up with a really low-miles example, especially when the car is an in-demand car, like a manual 430.

20. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Can I say this?

What a hideous looking car!

I don't see the point of wanting such a low mileage car. You're paying a premium for something you want to drive. Drive it 3000 miles and it's just like any other F430 - except with that horrible interior!

But, the hucksters at Barrett Jackson will bid this one up. Auctions are just a cess pool of greed with no concern for real value.

21. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I agree on the hideous comment

22. bigmacsmallfries

Aug 31, 2015
    Funny this is posted as I was going to eventually ask a question about my own car later this year which is more unique than the one in this thread.

I have a one off 6 speed manual transmission F430 spyder in a unique exterior color through Ferrari. Only two exist in this color, one in North America, the other is in Europe. Mine is the only manual in the world in this color. It was ordered through the Extra Campionario program. The interior is black, however the deviated stitching matches the exterior colour which is special order and unique as well --the other car in Europe has a standard factory interior. Was thinking of selling it through RM Sotheby's when the time comes as well as there is no other one like it. Figured it is highly collectible talking to the local Ferrari GM and other Ferrari owners in the area. :)

23. gandalfthegray.

gandalfthegray. Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2006
    Pinewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Would be more interesting with a pic of the rare color.

24. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I've said it before, unique does NOT guarantee value. It's about supply AND DEMAND. If the supply is small but there's little demand, there is no guarantee that the product will sell at a premium. In such a case, it all comes down to finding a buyer who is looking for the same "uniqueness."

25. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando

All cars have known issues that eventually break, and if you add all the rubber components that could be dried and break under load, you likely be paying extra money (plus the premium you paid because it is "new")
    And regarding the collector's point of view expressed before, the 430 and 360 with manual gearbox are more demanded than F1s but that doesn't they will become a high collectible car.
    The market is somehow disconnected right now, some models have increased its value tremendously and they do not have the characteristics to be considered "collectibles"
    i.e Maranellos